Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Week 7 weigh in: lost 3.75lb! Over the moon with this after last week’s dodgy scales debacle. I need to lose 0.75lb to have lost a stone. I walked a lot last weekend but due to some family dramas didn’t get out as much in the week as I would have normally. Kept to around 1400-1500 cals each day, apart from pancake day and yesterday, but was still within the target set by nutracheck.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have decided I'm gonna start those walking videos to help with my weight loss as I do not do any exercise atm 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just in from a 3.5 hour walk, I'm knackered haha.

Glad I got out whilst it was sunny though. So far went for a walk every day this week. So need to keep it up.

I'm have a zoom cocktail night with the girls so looking up low calorie drinks and I've already logged it for tonight. I was going to have three gins but I got a fancy coffee on my walk so 2 it is haha.

Although according to my Fitbit my walk burned ~900kcal so even if it was half of that (I don't really trust the calories burned lol) then I'm pleased. I want a loss on Monday although realistically I had three days eating junk sat-mon so if I just don't gain wait I'll be happy!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I haven’t had a great week this week. I cannot be trusted around multipacks of crisps it appears. I did do over 22k steps yesterday which hopefully offset some of my binging. I only lost 1.4lbs this week but that has taken me just over a stones loss in 6 weeks which I’m happy with. I may do some of those Lesley Sansome walking videos. I know someone who lost 4 stone last year doing them. Although I can recommend dancing around like a twit to 70s tunes to get an aerobic workout and the steps in 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Maintain for me, honestly I hoped for a loss but I haven’t really done anything to deserve one and I’m actually just glad it’s not a gain again 😂

Reactions: 6
I'm have a zoom cocktail night with the girls so looking up low calorie drinks and I've already logged it for tonight. I was going to have three gins but I got a fancy coffee on my walk so 2 it is haha.
If you fancy a trip to the shop I can recommend this gin https://clean.co/ - I only have 25ml and diet tonic so it’s less than 20cals for a G&T and tastes great!

I have decided I'm gonna start those walking videos to help with my weight loss as I do not do any exercise atm 🙈
I know I’ve mentioned him sooo many times 😂 but also try Rick Bhullar I can’t get along with Leslie I really enjoy Rick’s and him counting the steps as he goes on screenI don’t feel like I’m working out xx

Reactions: 4
Everyone is doing so well! Well done 🙂🙂

I have been focusing on building consistent habits with exercise and, for the first time in my life EVER, I love exercising! I am on a streak of 38 days solidly achieving my step goals and my daily exercise goals.

My food has been a bit better but not massively overhauled. I’ve lost 6lbs in the last 4 weeks and I’m delighted. I feel much better, I’m so much more flexible and mobile and my legs/tummy have decreased a lot as PJs are now baggier.

Having been a lifelong yo/yo obsessive “all or nothing” with my food and diet but never exercising I’m trying a different outlook. Making improvements to my diet: less junk, less takeaways, more natural foods. Nothing “banned” though. Whilst exercising daily. Game changer.

Slow and steady for me. If it ticks off at 1/2-1lb a week on average well I’ll take that.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
i have been a bit quiet on here because i really had nothing to contribute with, i've definitely fallen off the health wagon and just couldn't bring myself to write anything as it wouldn't be useful 🤷‍♀️ but i love following your journeys and seeing how successful you are! :love:

i haven't been in the best mindset and my mental health / sleeping patterns etc. have really been messing with me. i went over a month without smoking as you know if you saw me bragging on here 🥴🤪 but sometime this month i was just feeling more down than ever and was fighting with my boyfriend and after fights i'd go and smoke.

i realized it's not possible for me to focus on 1. food 2. exercise and 3. quitting smoking (when it comes to the health journey). something had to go. so i'm smoking again i guess 😅 it's just such a terrible situation in the world now, i really need something to ''release''... probably sounds like i'm making up excuses but there's too much going on right now! so i want to focus more on healthy eating and exercising now. some great tips here!

Reactions: 11
i have been a bit quiet on here because i really had nothing to contribute with, i've definitely fallen off the health wagon and just couldn't bring myself to write anything as it wouldn't be useful 🤷‍♀️ but i love following your journeys and seeing how successful you are! :love:

i haven't been in the best mindset and my mental health / sleeping patterns etc. have really been messing with me. i went over a month without smoking as you know if you saw me bragging on here 🥴🤪 but sometime this month i was just feeling more down than ever and was fighting with my boyfriend and after fights i'd go and smoke.

i realized it's not possible for me to focus on 1. food 2. exercise and 3. quitting smoking (when it comes to the health journey). something had to go. so i'm smoking again i guess 😅 it's just such a terrible situation in the world now, i really need something to ''release''... probably sounds like i'm making up excuses but there's too much going on right now! so i want to focus more on healthy eating and exercising now. some great tips here!
Maybe focus on one thing at a time and plan towards working on the others. For instance, you could try to go for a walk every day which is good for the body and the mind. Eat only at mealtimes and try to cut out snacking but don't calorie-count. Don't stress too much about eating, and maybe if you snack loads, cut your snacks in half? Also, maybe just try to cut down on the amount smoked rather than completely.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi all I have been doing a plan for a year that gave me 1700 cals a day but you had to stick to fibre/protein goals ect. Did lose weight but but it back on over christmas/lockdown ect as had a dip in motivation. I don't want to sign up again as you are tied into an annual subscription. I want to start again had a look on nutracheck but cals will be 1400. I don't know if I can cope with less cals I like to eat :rolleyes: but I suppose that's the problem.

Reactions: 3
I've had an up and down week, pigged out last night and I felt upset afterwards as I might be going back to work in 3 weeks (I'm furloughed and work in non essential retail) and I don't want to go back wearing and worrying about tight trousers, but honestly, even when I'm strict and not snacking, and walking most days, my weight isn't shifting! I'm suffering health issues and had bloods this week including thyroid and testing my hormone levels, so I'm hoping something will show (not bad) to explain the way I'm feeling and to hopefully explain why my metabolism has slowed down a lot and why I'm in this mindframe!

We'll done to all of you who are losing weight! 😃 I'll look at those walking videos and might do one when my bf is in work tomorrow Lol as my main excercise is walking, I don't do anything else she don't want to! 😂

Reactions: 7
Been an up-and-down weekend food wise. Ended up panicking that I'd gained loads and loads of weight since stopping counting/tracking on Monday and ended up purchasing new scales to find out I've lost 1.5 lbs this week so that was a plus!

Going to keep focusing on making healthier-ish choices and not tracking/counting for now and I've remembered how much I really love exercising so I've signed up to a free 30 day Les Mills on Demand trial and will try and get a workout done tomorrow. I used to really enjoy them at my gym and I think I'll enjoy them even more without having to worry about anyone judging me getting the moves wrong / using lighter weights.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.