Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s very easy to become obsessed with calories and what the scales say. I was feeling really crap when I had a couple of weeks where they barely moved as I’ve got a lot to lose. As soon as my period came the weight started falling off again. If I’m still hungry I’m going to eat. I think if you are mindful of what you eat the majority of the time the odd slip doesn’t hurt. Remind me of this when the scales stop moving again 😂

Reactions: 7
Review haha:

They were pretty good, nice crispyness from the filo. The sausages were ok, however maybe a bit overcooked as there is no fat on them, I think if you did it with low fat pork sausages it might be better. I'm tempted to try again as I have 5% pork mince in the freezer. I had then with BBQ sauce and that was pretty good. We considered putting in some caramelised onions, but we were out lol. I'd say a solid 7/10.

187kcal for these ☺

View attachment 428654
Ahhhh they look amazing, thanks for sharing. Defo going to try these soon 👏🏻

Absolutely just cannot be arsed at the moment to weigh/calorie count/drink anything but iced coffee 😂 had a big bowl of pasta and cheese and marscapone sauce for lunch and going to have one of those Sainsbury’s low cal pizzas for dinner. Going to leave it a week and weigh myself again as it’s really demotivating atm as think I’m due on soon. Hoping I find my motivation again soon!!

Reactions: 9
I think it’s very easy to become obsessed with calories and what the scales say. I was feeling really crap when I had a couple of weeks where they barely moved as I’ve got a lot to lose. As soon as my period came the weight started falling off again. If I’m still hungry I’m going to eat. I think if you are mindful of what you eat the majority of the time the odd slip doesn’t hurt. Remind me of this when the scales stop moving again 😂
I’ve been really diligent this week in sticking to my set calories and getting the exercise in and the scales say I’ve put on 3lb. Not going to lie I was in a proper mood about it, but I’m guessing (hoping) it’s hormonal water retention and I don’t need to reduce my calories further - I really don’t want to feel hungry all the time!

Reactions: 5
I’ve been really diligent this week in sticking to my set calories and getting the exercise in and the scales say I’ve put on 3lb. Not going to lie I was in a proper mood about it, but I’m guessing (hoping) it’s hormonal water retention and I don’t need to reduce my calories further - I really don’t want to feel hungry all the time!
Don’t let it get you down. If you’re eating with a calorie deficit it will start shifting. How are you logging your calories and do you eat your exercise calories? I find that I have to diligently log everything and I don’t worry if I go slightly over but I try to avoid eating too many exercise calories.

Reactions: 3
Don’t let it get you down. If you’re eating with a calorie deficit it will start shifting. How are you logging your calories and do you eat your exercise calories? I find that I have to diligently log everything and I don’t worry if I go slightly over but I try to avoid eating too many exercise calories.
Thanks - I’ve been tracking through my fitness pal and I’ve been concentrating on not eating my exercise calories (I was finding I was gaining weight despite doing a lot of exercise - running, lifting etc - because I was then working out how many treats I could then have as a reward 🙈). It’s just a bit demoralising.

Reactions: 3
Review haha:

They were pretty good, nice crispyness from the filo. The sausages were ok, however maybe a bit overcooked as there is no fat on them, I think if you did it with low fat pork sausages it might be better. I'm tempted to try again as I have 5% pork mince in the freezer. I had then with BBQ sauce and that was pretty good. We considered putting in some caramelised onions, but we were out lol. I'd say a solid 7/10.

187kcal for these ☺

View attachment 428654
For the whole lot? Which pastry did you use is it a ready roll one?

Those sainsburys just over 400 cals for the whole pizza pizzas are absolutely delicious! Don’t really taste much different to their other stone baked range. What a result!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Those sainsburys just over 400 cals for the whole pizza pizzas are absolutely delicious! Don’t really taste much different to their other stone baked range. What a result!
I haven't come across these before but will definitely try and track one down! Pizza is a large contributor to my potato shape 🤭

Reactions: 1
Ooooh which ones are these? 🤩

In other news we had this tonight - www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/turkey-thyme-leek-meatloaf/ can really recommend this and it was so quick and easy. Had it with crushed baby potatoes, a creme fraiche herb and mustard sauce and one of those steam in the bag veg. Yummy 🤤

Reactions: 2
Ooooh which ones are these? 🤩

In other news we had this tonight - www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/turkey-thyme-leek-meatloaf/ can really recommend this and it was so quick and easy. Had it with crushed baby potatoes, a creme fraiche herb and mustard sauce and one of those steam in the bag veg. Yummy 🤤
They are from their stonebaked range - instead of the dark boxes they’re in grey packaging and have a blue label on them saying they’re 500 calories or something. Really delicious! Definitely going to be eating them again.

Reactions: 4
1.5lbs off this morning so 7 since the beginning of January 🥳🥳 - I’m happy with that! I still have 2st to get to my target weight, but I’m setting mini goals of 5lb a time to make it feel more achievable.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yesterday was another duck up - I ended up getting a footlong subway at lunch which I wouldn't normally be able to finish but did, then had my planned halloumi wrap for dinner and two ciders so I went over TDEE again.
OMAD isn't working for me this week clearly so I had a protein shake before I left this morning and have a bol curry thing for lunch and paneer masala for dinner which all comes in at 1400 calories.
I've been a bit sniffly overnight and knackered all week so I think it's a combination of the weather and my body possibly fighting off a cold that's making me absolutely ravenous. I also fell over and badly twisted my ankle on Monday so I'm telling myself my body is demanding the extra calories to heal 😅
I've worked out that my slightly ott weekend plus the last three days going over will have only led to 0.5lb gain though which is fine as long as I don't let it just go on and on! I weigh daily and there's a bit more on than that which'll be mostly water weight and I'd lost 12lbs since the first of Jan so it's not a major issue

I walked to work today for the first time this week so I've already got 5,000 steps in and that always makes me feel more positive and likely to stick to the plan for the day so rather than completely writing this week off and starting again on Monday I'm starting again today and taking it one day at a time. Also at least I carried on logging even though I was going over -it's when I fall off the wagon entirely that spells danger!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Decided to shift my focus for a bit from weight loss to other things. The more I go at this, the more I realise I have not fixed or really attended my issues with food. Some of this stuff goes deep and way back and it will take some work. I am informing myself on my ways of thinking and what that reflects. I'm hoping that once I have a healthier relationship with how I eat, making decisions that serve me will come easier as well. I won't be weighing myself for a short while but I'll be cheering you guys on!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Decided to shift my focus for a bit from weight loss to other things. The more I go at this, the more I realise I have not fixed or really attended my issues with food. Some of this stuff goes deep and way back and it will take some work. I am informing myself on my ways of thinking and what that reflects. I'm hoping that once I have a healthier relationship with how I eat, making decisions that serve me will come easier as well. I won't be weighing myself for a short while but I'll be cheering you guys on!
Sounds like you’re going about it the right/healthiest way!💗

• Heart
Reactions: 4
CBE04F26-D7F3-4F82-B1DD-541B6653DDCF.jpeg

my first lodough experience! Kept it simple. I thought it was pretty good. Not sure I’ll repurchase mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks - I’ve been tracking through my fitness pal and I’ve been concentrating on not eating my exercise calories (I was finding I was gaining weight despite doing a lot of exercise - running, lifting etc - because I was then working out how many treats I could then have as a reward 🙈). It’s just a bit demoralising.
Just to say both running and lifting make me ‘gain’ weight even if I’m sticking to a cal deficit because they make your muscles sore which causes water retention or something...I can’t remember exactly but it’s a legit thing though. Eventually it plops off. Don’t have any advice because tbh I avoid exercise that isn’t just walking for this reason but I know that’s a stupid thing to do 😬

Reactions: 6
I've been sooooooooo hungry (and tired/drained/bleurgh) for the last few days. I think it's being stuck at home, crap weather, being cold, lack of money thanks to the Plague reducing Mr D's hours down to 1.5 days a week, not particularly wanting to be dragged back to work when Boris decides it's politically expedient rather than medically appropriate, Psoriasis flare, buggered foot...Ughhhhhhh.

I want to not hurt, be able to leave the house without potentially being questioned by police, to have the house to myself sometimes, to be able to go to the bloody supermarket and buy nice food and, when I'm feeling bleurgh, I want to be able to duck off to the gym for three hours of mindless, selfish me-time.

And being presented with bog standard pizza (which I don't even like) and some abomination that must be supposed to be pizza dirty fries or something (halfcooked potato and orange slime) for tea really hasn't improved my mood today. Sigh.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.