Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ask because while there is a general understanding that eating a certain way helps to keep the calories down, there isn't a one size fits all approach and people can find their own way of healthy eating depending on their lifestyle. Not all of us have lives or jobs that allow long lunch breaks, walks throughout the day or early dinners. 😄

Speaking for myself, growing up, the norm in the family was eating sitting down, always, even if you're watching something. As I aged and became a teenager, my habits pretty much shot to tit. My diet was awful despite having healthy home cooked food available and I think that laid the foundation for a lot of bad eating habits later on. I am trying to go back to that so my goals are eating only until I'm not hungry anymore, eating at the table when I'm home without watching or reading anything as I notice that I just keep shoveling the food into my mouth, barely thankful for the effort I (or someone else has) put into my meal 😂 I don't usually have a beverage with meals and I don't like the taste of alcohol with food so it's usually mineral water or still water. Rarely I'll have a glass of wine if I really want it. I'm also trying to slow down - hence cutting out the distractions because when I'm not focused on a tv show or a video, I actually eat slow. I don't snack except when I'm trying to eat my feelings lol. Since I do have 3 full meals, I find that I'm not hungry in between and if I do eat, it'll be for something sweet with tea in the afternoon, which I'm also trying to cut out. I saw that the more I ate sugar, the more I craved it and I'm not even a sweet tooth! I'll take a plain croissant over a piece of cake or some chocolate any day but I literally felt my brain begging for it. Soft drinks really feed into this too so atm I only have ginger beer at home but it's still full of sugar so I'm trying to step away from that too.

Currently working from home so eating is easier but when I'm at work, I usually have about 15-20 minutes to eat at my desk and it's a grim experience no matter how tasty my food is. I just find it absolutely joyless and soul sucking to eat at my crowded desk, out of my insulated jar or a tupperware under ugly fluorescent lights but nothing to do 😂

Haven't been drinking at all tbh, I'm more of a social drinker and despite having a giant bottle of gin staring at me from its shelf, I haven't felt the urge yet. Maybe when the weather gets warmer, it'll become more appealing 🍸

Reactions: 2
I'm curious about the eating habits. Do you guys eat on the go? Do you always eat sitting down at the table? Do you watch TV or read something while you eat? Do you tend to be finish with your meal in 10 minutes or does it take you longer to eat? Do you snack a lot? Do you always have a beverage or alcoholic drink with your meal or do you go without?
I have nowhere to go at the minute which is actually helping me a lot I think. There’s much more temptation buying lunch at work, and I wouldn’t have the energy to cook some of the meals I’ve had after travelling to and from work I think. Lockdown is really good for me in that respect.

I eat breakfast at my desk as I eat later than my other half. We have lunch and dinner together, and we always watch tv, our favourite comedy whilst we eat. Probably takes us 10-15mins with talking at a guess? Some of my lunches I’ve not really enjoyed recently so it’s taken me longer to choke them down 😂

I’m not snacking between meals, but I will have a skimmed milk tea or highlights hot chocolate. I tend to have a treat, sweets or chocolate after dinner most nights though.

Im tracking my water intake through Fitbit which is motivating me a lot. We usually have 7up zero or Pepsi max with dinner, or sometimes I’ll have water instead.

I bought some low calorie gin in my last supermarket shop, which is really nice and with diet tonic comes to 10cals a serving. It’s amazing 🤩

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Just checking in, for those just eating one meal a day are you properly nourishing your body that way? I’m confused how you can be getting your 5 a day in, and eating a good amount of protein / carbs that way to properly sustain your body
I've never been good at having a day but I eat as much veg as possible during my one meal and have a protein shake with it.

Reactions: 2
I've never been good at having a day but I eat as much veg as possible during my one meal and have a protein shake with it.
im glad 💚

I just worry that these types of diet cause serious disordered eating, I know they work exceptionally well for losing weight but it’s their long term sustainability that I’m concerned about. If you’re not getting enough of the right stuff in that one meal your body won’t be able to sustain itself and you might see deficiencies longer down the line that affect your day to day life. Deficiencies like b12 are not fun, and if your body isn’t nourished then things like exercise will be more difficult and you may feel fatigued.

just trying to look out for everyone really because whilst losing weight feels good it has to be sustainable and a long term plan to increase overall health is important too! An increase in good foods will improve overall energy levels, I worry about diets like slimming word creating disordered views and don’t offer a long term sustainable viewpoint on food and exercise.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've lost weight super slowly over a number of years. I started really trying to lose weight (with my wedding in mind) from about spring 2016 - I was around a size 18ish then I believe. I headed off on my honeymoon the following year with mostly size 12s and some 14s in my case. I continued on after the wedding and now I sit around a 10/12, occasionally smaller sizes, sometimes larger depending, you know how it is! I was very happy with a slow weight loss as I do have a thyroid condition which was how I gained the weight initially. It also means I've been able to maintain my smaller size relatively easily.

I don't actually weigh myself as I find it has a very negative effect on me and I tend to obsess however after having a bit of an indulgent December 2020 decided I wanted to get back on track January this year, a little bit more controlled. I wear size 12 jeans, my favourites being topshop Jamie so for a goal, I've set myself the challenge of wearing size 10s.

I ordered them last week so I'd have them and tried them on this morning and they fit! I'm so pleased. They were snug, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't look forward to wearing them at the minute but I'm still happy with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I lost half a lb this week! Wahooo finally 😂 my weigh day is actually tomorrow so it could go back on I guess but I’ve been stuck on the same exact weight for so long I’m taking it as a win 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Is anyone here losing weight via Keto? I am planning to begin next week, but by reducing the carbs I have as I am a bit of a carb fiend. My plan is to have meals without pasta, rice, bread during the week and allowing myself a limited amount of carbs on Sat and Sunday. I don't think I could go fully Keto, especially as I don't eat a great deal of meat. Just really curious to see if anyone else is doing Keto?

Is anyone here losing weight via Keto? I am planning to begin next week, but by reducing the carbs I have as I am a bit of a carb fiend. My plan is to have meals without pasta, rice, bread during the week and allowing myself a limited amount of carbs on Sat and Sunday. I don't think I could go fully Keto, especially as I don't eat a great deal of meat. Just really curious to see if anyone else is doing Keto?
I'm low carb but not as low as keto. If you up your carbs at the weekend you'll top up your glycogen stores and gain up to 1.5kg of water weight as a result, which will then take a few days to go down. It's not really a way of eating you can jump in and out of.

Reactions: 1
Yeah i agree. Keto is very strict where you can't really cheat without having to enter into ketosis all over again. Some people do lower Carb, this means they may not necessarily enter into ketosis but still keep carbs/calories down so can still lose weight this way.

Reactions: 4
I did low carb last summer for a month or two and it bloody works but wasn’t sustainable for me at all.

Reactions: 4
Keto is pretty extreme as a low carb lifestyle - and by that I mean, when people say they 'eat low/er carb' usually they're talking about bread, pasta, rice etc. But fruit and veg are also 'carbs' so if you were on keto you would have to monitor those too to ensure you remain in ketosis. Most people find they lose weight better by eating lower carb without going into ketosis, so that might be a good place to start. From what I've read/my own experience with keto, once you get the 'whoosh' effect of no longer eating carbs, the weight loss again bottoms out to 1-2lbs a week. So, to me it seems like unless you really want to live the keto lifestyle (because it's not a diet - like others have said, once you come out of ketosis you will put water weight back on, so it's not something you can really go in and out of on a weekly basis) you may as well just lower your simple carbs a bit and eat in a calorie deficit

Reactions: 6
Keto, as far as I know, is very effective but unsustainable. The things you've named like pasta, rice and bread all have to go but so will lots of other stuff too. For example an apple has about 20g of carbs - keto requires between 20 and 50g (max) carbs a day. Also, as soon as you up your carb intake on the weekend your no longer in ketosis and effectively have to start over.

Reactions: 5
God, I don’t know a lot about keto but it definitely sounds like a lifestyle overhaul 😅 carbs in apples.. who the hell knew. I couldn’t do it. I’d be like Regina

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Afternoon everyone! Weight day! 1 stone 1 pound off since January. Tonight I’m having a G&T so excited! Been working this week so definitely been tough with everything in the staff room 🤤 but I’ve been staying behind and doing a work out before I leave so I know I can relax in the evenings 😂 happy weekend everyone 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 19
For some reason my other half wanted to weigh in this afternoon.. I’m glad he did because I weighed in too and even though I’d eaten breakfast and lunch by that point 🥁 🥁 Today, on 5 Feb, after starting this journey on 5 Jan I’ve lost a stone 🥳 buzzing!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
For some reason my other half wanted to weigh in this afternoon.. I’m glad he did because I weighed in too and even though I’d eaten breakfast and lunch by that point 🥁 🥁 Today, on 5 Feb, after starting this journey on 5 Jan I’ve lost a stone 🥳 buzzing!!
I can’t wait to hit that stone marker, congratulations🤩🤩🥳🥳

————————-

I ordered the protein world mug cake mixture last week and just had my first one and OH MY GOD my life has been changed. It says 130 kcal but I made it with water as opposed to milk so will be slightly less than that! Topped with Aldi white choc and raspberry protein ice cream. Absolutely unreal🤩🤩🤩 (my nails are top of the list to be sorted after lockdown hahaha)

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I can’t wait to hit that stone marker, congratulations🤩🤩🥳🥳

————————-

I ordered the protein world mug cake mixture last week and just had my first one and OH MY GOD my life has been changed. It says 130 kcal but I made it with water as opposed to milk so will be slightly less than that! Topped with Aldi white choc and raspberry protein ice cream. Absolutely unreal🤩🤩🤩 (my nails are top of the list to be sorted after lockdown hahaha)
that looks delicious!

It was amazing!! So gooey and nice🤩 and I guess calories can be upped or reduced depending on what you use to top it! I want to get some biscoff spread and biscuits for the top 🤩🤩
You’ve convinced me to put an order in!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hearing all your success gives me so much joy omg, congrats! That's amazing <3

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.