Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone skip weigh in when it’s their TOTM? I’m worried it will put me in a bad head space if I see a gain
I never weigh when its my TOTM! duck that, I don't need to see that negativity 😂 Sometimes the scale will say I'm 8lbs heavier and it makes me feel so crap and down

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think they should invent scales that when you have a loss, even a small one, it plays a fanfare. If it's a gain, then the scales turn off and won't let you see what they read until you've lost again, then cue the fanfare LOL

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
anyone doing intermittent fasting?
Yes 16:8, start eating at 12 then finish at usually 6 when I have dinner but i can eat until 8. Above everything it reduces my headaches and makes me feel less hungry as I usually go from waking up-12 without food anyway as most of the time I can’t stomach it. Eating then 3 meals in 6 hours means I don’t get hungry/hanger headache. It’s fab. Not sure how it effects weight loss though but I like waking up feeling less bloated 😊

Reactions: 5
Weighed myself today and I have a grand total of 10 grams loss 😂 I'm not mad or disappointed though, spent the past few days at my dad's place and pretty much ate everything but the kitchen sink. Considering that, the fact that I have lost even 10gr is a miracle.

Finally managed to connect the scale to my phone, I'm still a bit iffy about the whole set of permissions it required but I wanted to see where I'm at, even if it's a rough estimate. It says that my body fat is 35.8% which is obviously high. I have about 2 stones to lose, so I don't know why this surprised me that much lol. Apparently my body age is a decade (!!!) older than I actually am. Oddly enough, this has been a much stronger kick up the arse than my weight or fat percentage 😂 Had a not so healthy breakfast but I'll be upping the exercise and lowering the carbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
anyone doing intermittent fasting?
yep, I do one meal a day. having basically what I want for dinner with a protein shake to help my macros. it helps me because i'm a very all or nothing person

Last night for example, I won an award at work so had a few gins on a video call and then fancied pizza so had one. came under my TDEE but over my daily cals which I'm not that bothered about

Reactions: 3
Weighed myself today and I have a grand total of 10 grams loss 😂 I'm not mad or disappointed though, spent the past few days at my dad's place and pretty much ate everything but the kitchen sink. Considering that, the fact that I have lost even 10gr is a miracle.

Finally managed to connect the scale to my phone, I'm still a bit iffy about the whole set of permissions it required but I wanted to see where I'm at, even if it's a rough estimate. It says that my body fat is 35.8% which is obviously high. I have about 2 stones to lose, so I don't know why this surprised me that much lol. Apparently my body age is a decade (!!!) older than I actually am. Oddly enough, this has been a much stronger kick up the arse than my weight or fat percentage 😂 Had a not so healthy breakfast but I'll be upping the exercise and lowering the carbs.
What scales do you use?? They sound good!! Mine currently give me my ounces as a fraction in eighths and for someone who is shocking at maths it gets very confusing to work out and so even if I’ve lost half a pound I end up just saying I haven’t lost at all so I don’t have to work it out 😂

Reactions: 1
What scales do you use?? They sound good!! Mine currently give me my ounces as a fraction in eighths and for someone who is shocking at maths it gets very confusing to work out and so even if I’ve lost half a pound I end up just saying I haven’t lost at all so I don’t have to work it out 😂
Check out the Renpho ones, the ones that connect with a bluetooth! Surprisingly detailed but like I said, I don't know how accurate it is compared to a proper medical scale. Still good to have on hand though 😁

• Heart
So I had a domino's yesterday 🙈 it was the day after weigh day though and the only thing I ate all day so hoping it doesn't affect the scales too much 😅

• Heart
So I had a domino's yesterday 🙈 it was the day after weigh day though and the only thing I ate all day so hoping it doesn't affect the scales too much 😅
One won’t do much harm! I bet it was delicious - what did you get?!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It might LOOK like you've gained on the scale but it won't be a real gain. I did payday takeaway on Friday and it's gone already plus a few more lbs. Avoid the scale for a few days and focus on staying on track. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Oh my god, I remembered my previous weight wrong LMFAO. I've actually out on 1 pound 😬😬😬 Oh well! Time to get back on track.

• Heart
  • Sad
Does anyone here use hypnosis tracks? I had a neighbour who used a soundtrack to listen to every night before sleep and she lost loads of weight. It wasn't Paul mckenna but a similar type thing.

• Wow
Does anyone here use hypnosis tracks? I had a neighbour who used a soundtrack to listen to every night before sleep and she lost loads of weight. It wasn't Paul mckenna but a similar type thing.
A friend of mine did Paul Mckenna and also lots loads. I think he connected with the book more than the actual hypnosis. He used to shovel down food, not really tasting it and now says he eats slowly and remembers to enjoy every bite.

Reactions: 1
I’ve bought new scales as I wasn’t convinced my old ones were working properly. I usually weigh on a saturday morning, but I did a like for like check on sunday night when the new ones arrived and they were virtually the same. Since then though the old ones are showing a lower weight than the new ones so I’m going to have to weigh on both on saturday and go from there. Hoping the new scales don’t dishearten me though! I’ve also upped my walks this week, in terms of frequency, duration and length but not seeing any change when I check the scales. Food wise i’m within my calories. Ugh. Wish losing weight was as easy as putting on weight. 🙄

thank you all for answers on intermittent fasting!
i started eating at 11:30 today and will finish at 19:30
let's see how that goes at 10 pm when i want crisps!

The 1.5 lbs I put on are just not budging. I’m not actually calorie counting properly, over Christmas I wasn’t hungry and now my appetite is back with a vengeance which is making it really hard 😬

• Heart
thank you all for answers on intermittent fasting!
i started eating at 11:30 today and will finish at 19:30
let's see how that goes at 10 pm when i want crisps!
The main reason it helps me is because I have in my head 'i do not eat past 8.30pm' so just try and hammer it into your own brain for the first few days until it becomes habit

• Heart
Changing my weigh in day to a Friday rather than Monday so going to weigh in tomorrow even though it’s only been a few days and then I’ll be back to weekly. I’ve been strict the past few days so I’m hoping for 1lb😬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.