Weight Loss and Healthy Living #12 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lost the 4lb so back to 12st13lb 😁 1st3lb until I'm in the healthy BMI bracket. To think at the beginning of the year I was in the obese BMI bracket. Almost halfway through to my goal, I've lost 13lb and 17 more to go. Very slow progress but progress nonetheless and the time will pass anyway! Also I've not always been 100% on it 🫣
Somehow back to 13st2lb this morning. I say Somehow, it's hot, I'm late for my period & a bit constipated so that's probably why
Think I need to take a break from weighing as it's stressing me out and I'm weighing multiple times a day.
My friend just started ozempic and I'm so jealous, I wish I could afford it.
Just sick of the inconsistencies of weight loss but also know it's my fault for struggling to be consistent with it 😭
And that's my morning rant/moan

Reactions: 2
My friend just started ozempic and I'm so jealous, I wish I could afford it.
I'm kind of the same. I know of at least 2 people close to me, that have started it and both have lost around 5-6stone in around 6months - I've been at this for nearly 2 and a half years, and haven't hit a 5 stone loss.

I want to be able to say I done it through sheer dertermination and didn't take injections or have life altering WLS, but it's fairly disheartening though to see those results knowing they haven't set foot in a gym.

Reactions: 6
Has anyone had a health condition that's scared them into losing weight? I'm down 6kgs since Feb 3rd, I'm now 8kgs over the healthy weight range for my height. I've been having a few issues and had an ultrasound done on some organs, and they said it's come back that I have fatty liver. I really rarely drink (maybe 12 drinks over a year) so my doctor said it's related to diet. I actually eat and enjoy healthy meals, but sometimes my portions are too high, and desserts and sweet food are my biggest downfall - honestly if there was a magic pill to make sweet food taste disgusting, I genuinely think I'd drop 20kgs in no time.

I'm really scared by this fatty liver thing, especially as I exercise, I'm only mid-thirties and I don't drink, and I don't carry much weight around my abdomen (mostly bum and thighs). But I'm hoping I can use it to motivate me to eat better and continue dropping the weight and turn it around, before it becomes more serious.

• Heart
I'm kind of the same. I know of at least 2 people close to me, that have started it and both have lost around 5-6stone in around 6months - I've been at this for nearly 2 and a half years, and haven't hit a 5 stone loss.

I want to be able to say I done it through sheer dertermination and didn't take injections or have life altering WLS, but it's fairly disheartening though to see those results knowing they haven't set foot in a gym.
I'm not against ozempic or anything as it can be great for those who have tried and not able to lose weight otherwise on the balance of risk. BUT it should really come with healthy behaviours, in particular resistance training and eating a healthy diet. What tends to happen is people eat less and what they eat is hyper palatable and unhealthy as that's all they can actually manage to eat. There are potential risks associated with it like loss of bone density and also definitely loss of muscle mass if you're eating very little and not exercising. As we get older keeping muscle mass should be a key concern as we start losing muscle at more rapid pace the older we get. So if ozempic is not taken together with healthy behaviours, it can potentially have really bad side effects and also people need to keep taking it or they put on weight back once they stop cause their appetite returns to normal but they lose so much muscle AND don't learn actually healthy habits. I totally get how annoying it is seeing people losing weight easily, but that doesn't mean it's sustainable. Honestly losing weight is just a part of the battle, maintaining the loss is the difficult part and ultimate goal so if you're setting yourself up with good habits, you'll be better off in the long run and no potentially nasty side effects.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone have any proven workouts that help to get rid of belly overhang/apron?

Since I started my journey, I have lost 30cm off my waist, but only 24cm off my hips/overhang.

I know 24cm is still a lot and we, unfortunately, cannot choose where we lose weight. But any exercises that might help would be appreciated 😊

• Heart

What I don’t understand with these drugs is when they stop being able to take them? As you are only supposed to be prescribed them when your BMI is within a certain obese range, so as that comes down surely they then need to stop taking the meds and the weight may come back on again? I’m thinking Sharon Osborne who is skeletal now - surely she still can’t be taking it? And then everyday folk, GPs won’t be able to prescribe it once you hit a lower BMI?
---
Does anyone have any proven workouts that help to get rid of belly overhang/apron?

Since I started my journey, I have lost 30cm off my waist, but only 24cm off my hips/overhang.

I know 24cm is still a lot and we, unfortunately, cannot choose where we lose weight. But any exercises that might help would be appreciated 😊
If you have had kids, check for diasistis recti. Separated abs basically. YouTube can show you how to check. This can cause stomach bulging and overhang and there are specific exercises to fix it (and ones you shouldn’t do)

What I don’t understand with these drugs is when they stop being able to take them? As you are only supposed to be prescribed them when your BMI is within a certain obese range, so as that comes down surely they then need to stop taking the meds and the weight may come back on again? I’m thinking Sharon Osborne who is skeletal now - surely she still can’t be taking it? And then everyday folk, GPs won’t be able to prescribe it once you hit a lower BMI?
---

If you have had kids, check for diasistis recti. Separated abs basically. YouTube can show you how to check. This can cause stomach bulging and overhang and there are specific exercises to fix it (and ones you shouldn’t do)
I think this I'd a major issue with the WLIs. Someone like Amberlynn Reid hasn't addressed her eating habits, not really. It's like putting a sticker over a crack and saying something is fixed. It isn't. You still need to work in your mental health and food issues. I saw this as someone was was over 300lb and is now just under this. I'm working on my relationship with food and making more nutrious choices whilst still having foods I enjoy and love. The drugs also seem.to stop working over time.

Reactions: 4
I think this I'd a major issue with the WLIs. Someone like Amberlynn Reid hasn't addressed her eating habits, not really. It's like putting a sticker over a crack and saying something is fixed. It isn't. You still need to work in your mental health and food issues. I saw this as someone was was over 300lb and is now just under this. I'm working on my relationship with food and making more nutrious choices whilst still having foods I enjoy and love. The drugs also seem.to stop working over time.
It's the same with weight loss surgery. My brow girl had a gastric sleeve.

She still eats tit, drinks full fat costa/starbs drinks all day, constantly has a bag of haribo or similar on the go etc. Yes her dinners are smaller but she hasn't adjusted her eating habits at all.

Reactions: 5

Unfortunately you can't spot reduce fat, no exercise or workout will help you target fat loss from a specific area. You can build muscle in the area which can help it look fitter but if you don't lose fat it might actually look bigger as the muscle underneath gets larger

Joining in here! I had a depressing realisation last night that it'll take me the best part of a year to lose the 20kg I want to, assuming I stick to my deficit which I'm really struggling with. Hoping some accountability will help me!

Any tips for fending off the dreaded evening boredom snacking?! I literally find myself opening every cupboard in the kitchen at about 8:30pm

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've been watching this thread for a while, bought a walking treadmill, bought a yoga mat, running shoes and yet I haven't actually done anything to lose weight and they're all gathering dust :(

My main nemesis is snacking and sort of secret eating? My main meals are fairly balanced but I binge sweet stuff constantly. And I do it in secret too when my boyfriend isn't around or while I'm at work because clearly I'm ashamed. How do I stop this 'food noise' and finally stop? Healthy snacks are an option but it never hits the spot like the sweet stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've been watching this thread for a while, bought a walking treadmill, bought a yoga mat, running shoes and yet I haven't actually done anything to lose weight and they're all gathering dust :(

My main nemesis is snacking and sort of secret eating? My main meals are fairly balanced but I binge sweet stuff constantly. And I do it in secret too when my boyfriend isn't around or while I'm at work because clearly I'm ashamed. How do I stop this 'food noise' and finally stop? Healthy snacks are an option but it never hits the spot like the sweet stuff.
Gonna be a bit harsh here but you just need to try and stop for a few days and the cravings for sweets does go away a bit. Not forever and not completely but I know myself when I'm eating sweet stuff every day it just keeps going and fruit etc seems almost off-putting, I just don't feel like eating it. But when I get a grip and stop, it becomes a lot easier. Just don't buy it, put as many barriers as you can to avoid it.

Also I totally know the issue of buying lots of stuff for exercise and not using it. My approach these days is I do with what I got and if I'm doing well with it, then I can spend money to buy extra stuff. So when I first started going to the gym I just bought cheap leggings etc despite wanting to buy cute gymshark stuff at the time haha. But once I was regularly in the gym for 3 months and totally into it, I bought myself gym clothes I wanted.

You can walk without a treadmill or new shoes. Just go for a walk. Then the next day go for another one. It starts with small steps, don't need to become a runner first day

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you @Mamacita! I know in my mind it's just a simple "don't buy it, don't have it around" but my actions don't reflect what I know is logical 😅
Going to try be strict with myself because I tried on a swimming costume last night for my upcoming holiday and in Feb it fit perfectly and now I'm bulging out of it 😭 I'm hoping it's a wakeup call for me

Thank you @Mamacita! I know in my mind it's just a simple "don't buy it, don't have it around" but my actions don't reflect what I know is logical 😅
Going to try be strict with myself because I tried on a swimming costume last night for my upcoming holiday and in Feb it fit perfectly and now I'm bulging out of it 😭 I'm hoping it's a wakeup call for me
Oh I get it and I still fall into patterns sometimes and need to pull myself out and still usually the first step needs to be just to do it for one day, two, then it becomes a bit easier. And I know it's easy to say just do it 🤣and harder to actually do it but this is simply what has to be done to get started.

• Heart
Any tips for someone who absolutely hates healthy food? Don’t like any fruit and like 1vegetable (would definitely say ARFID but that’s me self diagnosing!) been like it my whole life. Eat/like very few foods and it’s just so difficult to try to be healthy
Used to do SW as could eat very bland foods on their own

Any tips for someone who absolutely hates healthy food? Don’t like any fruit and like 1vegetable (would definitely say ARFID but that’s me self diagnosing!) been like it my whole life. Eat/like very few foods and it’s just so difficult to try to be healthy
Used to do SW as could eat very bland foods on their own
Do you also hate them when they're properly prepared, nice and roasted? Do you like potatoes?

There are so many fruits and veg that can be prepared in so many ways, I find it hard to believe someone can hate it all, it's either you haven't had stuff you like yet or it's the mindset.

Smoothies? Mashed veg? Air fried? Seasoned to the point you can't tell it's veg? Beans in a chilli? Tomatoes and carrots blended into a curry sauce?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.