Weight Loss and Healthy Living #12 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A work colleague made a comment today about my weight. I was walking past him to go on my lunch break and he said to me "it's not as if you need any lunch, you've definitely eaten enough already"
I just walked away but it made me feel really tit
Don't let that drop. Report him to HR. Who does he think he is

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I mentioned it to a couple of my work friends and they basically said don't take it to heart he doesn't mean to be unkind he's just a bit older/old school about these things. So I felt like I was overreacting for being upset

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
I mentioned it to a couple of my work friends and they basically said don't take it to heart he doesn't mean to be unkind he's just a bit older/old school about these things. So I felt like I was overreacting for being upset
Your not overreacting. Just because he's older doesn't mean he knows something isn't rude. It's not an excuse. He needs to be told. How would he like it if someone insulted his weight!. Also, people need to be way more aware, what if you had some kind of thyroid issue or had an ED?. Your work mates are idiots.

Reactions: 13

Bullshit. He's a rude bleep and needs reporting.

Reactions: 11
It's not even about being rude or unkind. It's just completely inappropriate in a work setting

Reactions: 12
You definitely aren’t overreacting! ☹ Men like this are always the first to dish it out but you best believe if the shoe was on the other foot he’d have something to say about it. I wouldn’t let this slide, it’s totally inappropriate behaviour anywhere really but especially at work 😔 if you have a supportive manager I’d ask them to have a quiet word. Hope you’re okay!

Reactions: 13
I would definitely report this. If it’s a one off, then nothing comes of it, but if it starts to become a trend then at least you’ve got it formally written down of every occasion.

Regardless of how he meant it, it’s not on. I’d be disgusted if my partner said that to me let alone an acquaintance at work!

Reactions: 10
I'd report it too. Let's take the (understandable) upset about it, views about whether anyone is overreacting etc out of it - at the core, anyone at work making comments on anyone else's body, whether complimentary or negative, is just not appropriate. If it had been a positive (creepy) comment about your body it would be viewed as sexual harassment, there's absolutely no reason why a negative comment letting you know a colleague is looking at/noticing your body is 'okay' in harassment terms just because it's not sexual.

Reactions: 11
I'd report it. They'd raise hell if he did that to a client of your business, why should it be any different if he says it to a colleague?

I don’t mean to generalise but older men are the worst for this. Not the same as the crappy comment to you, but last year I was in M&S looking at the chocolate and out of nowhere this old guy comes up to me and says “that will make you fat you know” and then swaggered off. I mean, can you imagine having the arrogance to make these comments. I don’t care if your guy or my guy are of “an older generation” way of thinking - so is my dad and he wouldn’t dream of being such a prick. I’m so sorry someone said this to you. Imagine being such a pathetic sad case that you make comments like that. Please report him. I hope you are ok.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.