Weight Loss and Healthy Living #12 Tattlers Transformation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello,

I’m aiming to shift around a stone and wondered what diet recommendations people please had? I’ve tried shakes, calorie counting, WW and SW ( all years ago) but I don’t seem to get the same results as I did pre pregnancy.

thank you :)

Reactions: 2
Hello,

I’m aiming to shift around a stone and wondered what diet recommendations people please had? I’ve tried shakes, calorie counting, WW and SW ( all years ago) but I don’t seem to get the same results as I did pre pregnancy.

thank you :)
it depends on you a bit but I have been using noom, you can get a free month trial

Aims for this week:
At least 4 workout sessions, more than 6K steps at least 4 days, no booze 4 days. It might seem to be a low bar but it's a heck of a lot better than things have been for most of this year due to illness, stress etc.

Off to a good start so far:
Monday - 45min Peloton, more than 6K steps, no booze
Tuesday - 30mins Kettlebells - I do this Caroline Girvan workout below with a couple of variations - no booze but didn't even manage to leave the house so less than 6K steps
Wednesday - 20min rowing machine, 30min walk, more than 6K steps, should manage to stay off the booze tonight

I'm not particularly aiming to control my food although I'm cutting down on snacks and trying to be aware of hunger vs boredom. It's tough with the booze at the moment as Mr Beacon's dad is dying - Mr B drinks his feelings and likes to have company while he does so - and I'm under a lot of pressure at work, but if I can at least make 3 or 4 alcohol-free days per week I'll be doing really well compared to how things have been lately

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Has anyone had success with HIIT training ? You loose weight quickly with it apparently

Morning guys hopefully everyone well.

Day 74 today of 75 hard any believe how quick the times past.
Managed to exercise twice a day for 75 days.
No booze
No cheat meals / takeaways/ chocolate/ cake/ chips .
Only thing struggled with recent weeks is water intake as can't hold water bottle and brolly at same time and colder weather means drinking less and having more hot drinks.

Scales went up 1/4 pound today so exactly 11 stone 4 pounds.
Start weight 4th September 2023 was 12 stone 12lb.

Yesterday spent Xmas shopping after work by the time I got home didn't feel like big meal so had something snacks for tea whilst the family ate fish and chip's.
Had can zero alcohol Heineken only 21 cals and chocolate special k bar as evening treat.
Also didn't do as much walking as got lift home and only did 45mins on the bike as was so tired.

Today I'm in work all day so had big breakfast
2 large garlic mushrooms reduced lilds with fried egg ham and spinach.
Got some snacks and water throughout the day.

Aim is walk 15 k steps tod extra workout tonight and see if can get 12 stone 3 tommorow ending this challenge on 29th Nov.
Although maintaining daily exercise/ alcohol/ treats in moderation and drinking more water in December.

Want to do exercise advent in Dec.
Might repeat 75 hard In Jan.

I want to get better at running maybe run 10k in 2024.
I want to go regularly to gym and try classes make a full lifestyle change not just for time limited challenge.
Given me a kickstart to new healthy habits

Reactions: 6
Being good this weekend and sticking to cals so no treats for me (or will try 😁) so next weekend I can eat and drink what I want and feel good about it - having friends over for nice drinks and food, can’t wait! 😁🎄😁

Really looking forward to some good workouts and healthy eating this weekend 💪🏼🚴🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
3 more nights of holiday to go and although I'm not calorie counting, I'm still making pretty good choices. I didn't think my willpower would hold out against chocolate doughnuts on the breakfast buffet and vast amounts of unhealthy food available 24/7 for free, but it's been surprisingly okay. Breakfast has been mainly a slice of bacon with some scrambled egg and a few slices of melon and pineapple, lunch has been a big plate from the salad bar (typically 2 small slices of cold roast beef, then the rest of the plate filled up with raw peppers, raw onion, mixed leaves, tomatoes, olives, a spoonful of chickpeas, a spoonful of mixed beans and couscous or bulgar wheat, whichever was on) and supper has been sort of the same but with hot food - so tonight I had a ladleful of pork in wine and garlic sauce and the rest of the plate was wholemeal rice, peas, beans, chickpeas, spinach, tomatoes and a couple of potato gnocchi. I've gone easy on desserts, mainly sticking to fruit salad and sharing a plate of cheese and biscuits with my husband as he finishes his wine each evening.

I think I'll probably be up a bit on the scales, but I've been eating much more and a much wider variety of vegetables and grains here than I do at home and I'm feeling really good on it, so I need to figure out how to translate this into something that'll work for office packed lunches!

• Heart
Finally into a new stone bracket! The last couple of weeks have been rather slow going, despite me doing my 10k steps a day.

Would like to lose another 6lbs before Christmas.

Thinking of trying Hard 75 next year! I want to lose 35lbs by next Summer and think it would keep me on the straight and narrow.

• Heart
Hard 75 sounds intriguing.

I've had a very stressful week workwise.

I have been listening to the stop emotional eating book and it is really very effective for me. My diet definitely hasn't been overly great but nowhere near as bad as it could have been. Exercise has not been great but for example right now I'm in bed and I feel hungry, but I won't be eating. I will go to sleep soon.

It's not just about food either me because it's all wrapped up together. It's about being more mindful in everything I do. Making sure I am rested and hydrated and on top of housework, etc.

Good step for me is I've cooked every evening for me and the kids. Nothing gourmet but nice
meals which we have enjoyed. I haven't resorted to takeaways at all which is great for me.

Reactions: 9
My weight is slowly coming back down after that weird massive jump
So today I'm 189.8lb - Monday was 192.4lb - Saturday was 188lb.

I averaged my weight last week for my weigh in, which was 190lb, so need to be under that for this week.

This weather just makes me want to eat loads of carbs and cheese 🐷

Oh & my libra app now thinks I won't reach my goal of 168lb until Dec 2026 😭

• Heart
Hard 75 sounds intriguing.

I've had a very stressful week workwise.

I have been listening to the stop emotional eating book and it is really very effective for me. My diet definitely hasn't been overly great but nowhere near as bad as it could have been. Exercise has not been great but for example right now I'm in bed and I feel hungry, but I won't be eating. I will go to sleep soon.

It's not just about food either me because it's all wrapped up together. It's about being more mindful in everything I do. Making sure I am rested and hydrated and on top of housework, etc.

Good step for me is I've cooked every evening for me and the kids. Nothing gourmet but nice
meals which we have enjoyed. I haven't resorted to takeaways at all which is great for me.
Well done I think having nice meals being organised with cooking and having healthy von the go snacks keeps me on track.
I know how hard it is I have 4 kids and a dog.
I work 3.5 days a week and the kids have afterschool activities do only really 3 days at home per week to do the washing/ housework/ tidy/ clean/ decluttet as well as fit on

Shopping
Cooking
Relax time
Pamper time
Personal fitness.

Sounds silly but nice plate/ cutlery/ and glass makes me feel super fancy and happy when I eat a meal. Presentation of food cheers me up.
I sometimes batch cook on weekend which is great as defrost night in fridge then reheat in micro and add a side pasta/ potato/ rice/ salad veg depending on what we eating

Quick and simple meals if short on time or energy

So baked potatoes salad
Home made pizzas using a wrap as base with salad.
Fresh soup and roll
Omelette and salad

I use my slow cooker a lot on autumn winter to make chilli/ curry or casseroles.
I try and keep range of fruit available for me and the kids.

I try to keep coffee just for mornings as helps me sleep better
Trying to drink more water as challenge Sat's 1 gallon haven't always managed that but mange least 2 litres I just tale water bottle everywhere with me.
I keep sugar free squash and water in jugs in fridge sometimes add ice as nicer when cold.

Exercise.
I walk 45 mins every single day my aim is 10k steps.
I walk to and from worm
Walk primary school run
Walk the dog shirt walk week days longer walk weekend.
Easty to 10k steps in week without even trying .
Sat I started doing local 5k park run with a friend.

I do 45mins indoor exercise every day as part of 75 challenge
When kids are in bed in my bedroom
I either do a free you tube workout love walk with Rick walking workout or grow with Jo.

Brought 2nd hand exercise bike off fb marley place and cycle 45mins to an hour whilst watching a programme I like.
This works well and I end my workout with low cal treat.
I try to get to bed earlier before midnight often fall asleep on front of TV.

I like to listen to podcasts on my phone on walk to work mel robbins as lot as you say is mental.

I have a very simple skincare routine which seems to be working as everyone says skin looks good.
Makeup pad and micellar water to clean followed by a day or night Moisturiser.
I just use aldi brand. Nothing fancy.
Long soak bath once a week showers in between.
When I have bath I use deep conditioner and self heating facemask.

Good luck with your health and fitness journey

Well today is day 75.
Can't believe gone 75 days no booze / takeaways or cheat meals.
Feeling proud will keep it going until 29th nov.

Today scales up 1lb but was expecting that as that time of month I always gain so in total since 4th Sept lost 1 stone 7lb.
Followed a balanced calorie controlled diet and tracked on life sum.

Booking a afternoon at the spa to celebrate end of this month as mam given me Xmas money early.
Also booking hairdressers 1st time in years as usually colour and cut at home.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Amazing work @fireflies !

I really struggle to get any decent number of steps in, especially in the winter when there is no evening light - I work from home and am very busy with calls and work, and have no kids or a dog so I can go several days without having time or reason to even leave the house. I'm trying to get out for half an hour walk at lunchtime but even that can be hard to squeeze in. I'm firmly in the habit of working out first thing in the morning, so I'm getting my decent cardio and weight training, so at least there's that.

Hard 75 sounds like a plan for me after Christmas :) amazing work!

I’m setting aside 45 - 60 minutes each day to go for a walk and get my steps up. No set time for this, just whatever works best that day.

It will be hard this weekend as my Mum is staying over but I’m determined to fit it in somewhere as it’s helping me burn more than I eat!

Between now and Christmas I’m going to have a couple of glasses of wine only when I’m out, or when we have people over.

I’ve been having a couple of glasses on weekend nights and counting the calories but it does make a big difference to my intake that day and it would be good to cut that out for a while.

Got a busy weekend so I need to stay mindful.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've just started intermittent fasting today, only 14 : 10 but hopefully will help reduce calories and I'm going to try and eat lower carb when possible. I'm unable to exercise at the moment due to an injury so need to be really careful I don't put loads of weight on quickly with that. Anyone else fasting?
---
Hard 75 sounds like a plan for m

Between now and Christmas I’m going to have a couple of glasses of wine only when I’m out, or when we have people over.

I’ve been having a couple of glasses on weekend nights and counting the calories but it does make a big difference to my intake that day and it would be good to cut that out for a while.

Drinking is a big issue for me, if I could keep it to just a couple if I'm out (which is rare anyway) that would reduce my calories by a huge amount across the week

• Heart
Hard 75 sounds like a plan for me after Christmas :) amazing work!

I’m setting aside 45 - 60 minutes each day to go for a walk and get my steps up. No set time for this, just whatever works best that day.

It will be hard this weekend as my Mum is staying over but I’m determined to fit it in somewhere as it’s helping me burn more than I eat!

Thank you the only thing I didn't do well on was daily progress photos as phone broke.
Also reading 10 pages book a day didn't always manage that.

But the bits I did stick to was
Calorie controlled diet and tracking on a free app someone here recommended life sum and I quite like it. Could bit remember my password my fitness pal and nutricheck charges

Calories burnt and walking tracked on samsung health on my phone.
Also brought a samsung fitness tracker band off market place which sadly gone missing think 5 year old hidden it paid £20 really want a samsung smart watch but not got the money right now.
Brought some cheap dumbells sainsbury sale.
2nd hand exercise bike which I now love if I had money and space for treadmill would have got one.
Brought 2nd hand active wear charity shops/ humbles sale
Park run is free
Tried to find salads/ fruit reduced and healthy treats on offer.
So really have tried to do it all on the cheap.

Due to family / work commitments the only time I have to workout is my 3 days off very early morning or evening.
It's become part of evening routine now never skipped a workout and there's been evenings got home from work tired and stressed.
Some nights I ate different to rest of the family.
Watched my family eat takeaway.
Going to the pub and not drinking has been weird.
Trued 0 alcohol wine hated it but like zero alcohol beer and that's low cal.

December going to keep drinking mire water and 2 workouts buy drink alcohol twice a week and have 1 to 2 cheat meals a week not cheat days.

After Xmas maybe repeat 75 hard or might do 75 soft type both into you tube and loads if videos come up.
I needed a kickstart a struct challenge to make me exercise.
The trick us maintain and continue with some if the habits on the challenge.
I didn't always feel motivated but to have self disipline and not give up has really benefitted me as yo yo dieting and very shirt term sporadic exercise in the past.
I have always been a walker as I don't drive.
But I'm in my mid 40s now walking alone doesn't keep me trim.

Good luck with whatever plan you choose.

I'm exited to join gym try some new classes.
I still want to lose another 2 stone .

• Heart
Amazing work @fireflies !

I really struggle to get any decent number of steps in, especially in the winter when there is no evening light - I work from home and am very busy with calls and work, and have no kids or a dog so I can go several days without having time or reason to even leave the house. I'm trying to get out for half an hour walk at lunchtime but even that can be hard to squeeze in. I'm firmly in the habit of working out first thing in the morning, so I'm getting my decent cardio and weight training, so at least there's that.
Can you step on the spot whilst making calls? I often finish getting my steps in stepping on the spot whilst reading my book or dancing around the kitchen whilst making dinner

Can you step on the spot whilst making calls?
Alas no, they're video calls with external clients so would look rather odd... I do have a standing desk but I also have MS which means I get tired standing up quite quickly. I should try it a bit more though, at least for internal meetings.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've just started intermittent fasting today, only 14 : 10 but hopefully will help reduce calories and I'm going to try and eat lower carb when possible. I'm unable to exercise at the moment due to an injury so need to be really careful I don't put loads of weight on quickly with that. Anyone else fasting?
---

Drinking is a big issue for me, if I could keep it to just a couple if I'm out (which is rare anyway) that would reduce my calories by a huge amount across the week
I'm fasting.

My first post here so a quick background. I'm in my 60's and struggle to exercise much due to health issues (but do try to keep as active as I can). I've been making small improvements to my eating for several years, trying to eat healthier and cut out the snacks.

I also tried intermittent fasting and initially it worked well. Then it didn't. I continued and although I regained the lost weight I didn't put any more on. A few months ago I increased my fasting window so I'm basically eating just one meal a day. Surprisingly this has been easy to maintain and I think my appetite has reduced as a result. I've lost 17lbs.

The weight loss has really slowed down but is still dropping. It's supposed to be harder to lose weight as we get older so I'm being patient.