Weight Loss and Healthy Living #12 Tattlers Transformation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm assuming this hotel is used to longstay business guests, because they have scales in thw bathroom! About 1.5lbs down after a week of hotel food, which surprises me, but I'm eating a lot of very delicious vegetarian stuff, like this amazing meal out during a sightseeing trip yesterday.

20240420_125417.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I know it's impossible to gain 2lb in 2 days but so frustrating when the scales go up despite me staying in my calories and drinking 2l+ of water and doing my 10K steps 😭🙇🏽‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know it's impossible to gain 2lb in 2 days but so frustrating when the scales go up despite me staying in my calories and drinking 2l+ of water and doing my 10K steps 😭🙇🏽‍♀️
Aw yeah I know how frustrating this is. Have you noticed any pattern with your cycle? I've noticed I'm at my lightest about 3-4 days after ovulation, I always thought it would be at the end of my period. So if I'm feeling sensitive I only weigh myself then

Reactions: 1
Aw yeah I know how frustrating this is. Have you noticed any pattern with your cycle? I've noticed I'm at my lightest about 3-4 days after ovulation, I always thought it would be at the end of my period. So if I'm feeling sensitive I only weigh myself then
I've never been consistent enough with dieting to have a cycle pattern 🫣 but I will keep an eye out for it now

Reactions: 1
Download libra or happy scale. It helps you see a downward trend with your weight loss.

I don't really pay attention to my weight on a day to day as I know I'm in a calorie deficit so will lose. I prefer to look at my weight loss month by month, as I often go two weeks with no loss and then drop a couple of pounds. It's frustrating, but you have to take the scales with a pinch of salt. I say this as someone who used to let a bad weigh in affect my day!

Reactions: 5
This is me! I’ve been doing my 10k steps and drinking 2 L of water every single day and I just don’t understand how the scales go up LOL… is it water weight?

Reactions: 4
This is me! I’ve been doing my 10k steps and drinking 2 L of water every single day and I just don’t understand how the scales go up LOL… is it water weight?
If you've increased your water intake then yes it definitely could be. I mean if the weight trend is going upwards for a long time, then you do need to look at whether you're eating too much but if it's like a few days/a week here and there where it seems to go up then I wouldn't worry. Like others said, need to look at weekly and monthly averages and what the trend in that is

I’m really struggling with the scale not showing progress even though I know I’n getting smaller. I’m comfortably wearing trousers/jeans that would have been cutting me in half after an hour or two a couple of months ago… and yet the scales tell me I’m anywhere from 2-5lbs heavier! I think I need to put them in the back of the cupboard for a while.

• Heart
I’m really struggling with the scale not showing progress even though I know I’n getting smaller. I’m comfortably wearing trousers/jeans that would have been cutting me in half after an hour or two a couple of months ago… and yet the scales tell me I’m anywhere from 2-5lbs heavier! I think I need to put them in the back of the cupboard for a while.
You definitely need to take progress pictures and do your measurements and concentrate on those

Reactions: 5
I've reached the end of week 2 of Couch to 5k :) Due on in the next couple of days, so the scales have come back up slightly, but still under when I arrived.

Reactions: 6
Went out for a meal last night as a family birthday celebration, genuinely didn't give 2 thoughts to the calories but still tracked them. Wasn't gonna weigh today but I did and only up 1lb from yesterday so nowhere near as bad as I thought; and I know it isn't true gain. I think I'm slowly getting there mentally not to place so much importance on the scales. I'm still sticking to the diet and getting my steps in and drinking my water and I'm proud of myself for staying with it this long (in my 3rd week) as been a long time since I've been this consistent

Reactions: 8
I’ve lost 2.5kg since April 2nd, I’m tracking food and walking loads with gym 3 times a week. It’s now not moving and is fluctuating around this point each day. It’s so frustrating when you’re trying to hard and you want it to drop further. But it’s just doesn’t budge!

Edit I’m in the obese category of BMI

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve lost 2.5kg since April 2nd, I’m tracking food and walking loads with gym 3 times a week. It’s now not moving and is fluctuating around this point each day. It’s so frustrating when you’re trying to hard and you want it to drop further. But it’s just doesn’t budge!

Edit I’m in the obese category of BMI
How accurate is your calorie measuring? Do you weight every food item or do you eyeball it? If not, I'd start there. Weight it all. Yes, even the lettuce.

How's your diet? Do you do low- fat or low- carb? Switching things up there might help. I've said this before but for some people, a low- fat diet is helpful, for others it's low carb. I need carbs to feel full, and too much fat makes me bloated and sluggish. Might be the same or the opposite for you.

Also how healthy is your diet? Do you eat enough veg and fruit? Wholemeal carbs? Fermented stuff for gut health? I'd definitely recommend some Kimchi, Sauerkraut, Kefir, plain yogurt or something like that, helps get things moving and will help with the cravings.

Have you tried L- Carnitine supplements? Since you're going to the gym these can help with fat burn. They're no miracle cure but a steady supply of about 2000mg a day over a longer period will help increase the availability of body fat for energy, especially if you're physically active.

Also do you have body fat scale or does your gym offer one? Or even a plain old measuring tape? Might give you a different indicator than just weight. Measure once a week around your tights, hips and waist. That might also help to see your progress more accurately.

You're probably building muscle right now that keeps your weight the same - muscle tissue is much denser than fat tissue, so you won't see the impact on the scales (yet). It pays off though, it increases your base metabolic rate in the long run, helping long term, stable, weight loss.

How accurate is your calorie measuring? Do you weight every food item or do you eyeball it? If not, I'd start there. Weight it all. Yes, even the lettuce.

How's your diet? Do you do low- fat or low- carb? Switching things up there might help. I've said this before but for some people, a low- fat diet is helpful, for others it's low carb. I need carbs to feel full, and too much fat makes me bloated and sluggish. Might be the same or the opposite for you.

Also how healthy is your diet? Do you eat enough veg and fruit? Wholemeal carbs? Fermented stuff for gut health? I'd definitely recommend some Kimchi, Sauerkraut, Kefir, plain yogurt or something like that, helps get things moving and will help with the cravings.

Have you tried L- Carnitine supplements? Since you're going to the gym these can help with fat burn. They're no miracle cure but a steady supply of about 2000mg a day over a longer period will help increase the availability of body fat for energy, especially if you're physically active.

Also do you have body fat scale or does your gym offer one? Or even a plain old measuring tape? Might give you a different indicator than just weight. Measure once a week around your tights, hips and waist. That might also help to see your progress more accurately.

You're probably building muscle right now that keeps your weight the same - muscle tissue is much denser than fat tissue, so you won't see the impact on the scales (yet). It pays off though, it increases your base metabolic rate in the long run, helping long term, stable, weight loss.
Thank you for this detail reply, lots for me to think about and digest 😊❤

Reactions: 2
Thank you for this detail reply, lots for me to think about and digest 😊❤
It’s really good advice and I would definitely agree that weighing all your food is the only way to be truly consistent and accurate. It’s a pain though.

I let myself down last night and had a little riffle through the kids’ Easter stash 🫣 my god, the amount of calories in chocolate never fails to shock me. My calorie tracker is not looking too good for yesterday!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It’s really good advice and I would definitely agree that weighing all your food is the only way to be truly consistent and accurate. It’s a pain though.

I let myself down last night and had a little riffle through the kids’ Easter stash 🫣 my god, the amount of calories in chocolate never fails to shock me. My calorie tracker is not looking too good for yesterday!
Back on it today! All we can do! You got this!

• Heart
I'm so close to getting under 13st haven't been this weight since 2021!! I think subconsciously my mum's recent heart attack is spurring me on I've not even thought about quitting and its been almost 3 weeks. Doesn't sound like a long time but for me being consistent this long is a real achievement

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My husband gave away our scales so I'm not sure what I weigh, but I am feeling better and like my belly is getting smaller.

I've been doing yoga once a week, trying to drink more water, having chia pudding for breakfast which is keeping me full and stopping me snacking as much.

I've also started taking supplements - vitamin d and magnesium amongst others and I feel they've really helped me to generally feel better. Been sleeping really well and deeply too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8