Weight Loss and Healthy Living #12 Tattlers Transformation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sun is shining is which I love but ugh it's so hard to resist getting some cider and snacks and sit in the garden getting pissed 😩 But I need to tell myself it's empty calories and I don't need it 😭
Must admit I keep thinking of a g&t in the garden later.
It’s sooo hard sometimes 😢 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hello again!

I joined at the start of the year and was doing really well until I hit several extremely stressful life situations and fell off the wagon. I'm currently feeling really uncomfortable in my own skin. You know when you feel like you've been blown up with a hose?

So I am now going to focus everything on turning around my lifestyle. I'm not the kind of person who can do little changes and all the stuff that's normally recommended: I need to jump in with both feet to keep my head in the zone.

I'm starting keto again as of dinner tonight. Hopefully I will feel less like a frumpy whale by summer.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm going away next weekend for a week all inclusive and my God am I having to fight the urge not to self sabotage.

All week I have had thoughts of "duck it you're going away next week" and similar. Coupled with the busiest week of the year at work I am literally fighting my brain this week.

Alas I have done 2 workouts and been pretty good food wise.

Reactions: 6
@HoGi i could have written this! I’m going away the middle of next week, and I’ve tried to be good so I feel at my best in my swimsuits but it’s a struggle!! I just want to give in 🤣 especially because the scales aren’t really moving.
——————————
In other news I’m doing my first parkrun tomorrow! It’s stupid but I feel a bit nervous 😬

• Heart
@HoGi i could have written this! I’m going away the middle of next week, and I’ve tried to be good so I feel at my best in my swimsuits but it’s a struggle!! I just want to give in 🤣 especially because the scales aren’t really moving.
I did really well from Feb to end of March. Then had Easter weekend off for my birthday and since then the struggle to get back in the swing of it coupled with my holiday is draining. I am 2lb up from before Easter so I would like to shift them before I go away, but the food noise and devil on my shoulder are not helping at all!

• Heart
I managed to resist yesterday and stay on track 💪🏽 excited my weight has either maintained or gone down every day this week whilst sticking to it. I know obviously a lot is water weight but so far down 4lb this week. I'm the lowest weight I've been this year 🥳 official "weigh day" is Tuesday where I'll take my measurements and stuff so excited to see how I end up. Just got to get through the weekend 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've made it to India and there's a set of scales in the hotel bathroom!!

First meal here has been a light lunch of a really gorgeous vegetable biryani, just rice, vegetables, and raita, no vegetable curry with it like in the UK, so I was optimistic about making good choices, and then came back to my room for a snooze to find housekeeping had been in and left me a small square of chocolate cake and some nuts. The daily snacks are going to be harder to resist, I think.

2 months today until we go away on our active holiday and I just want to feel better more than anything.

Hopped on our mini stepper this morning whilst I read my book and fitbit reckons I burned around 200 cals, only took 20 mins so I might try and do some again tonight too!

Got an exam coming up in about a month so I'm just trying to find the time to fit everything in really, I need to revise but I need to move more and on top of that work a 40 hr week and maintain a home. I don't know how people do it!

2 months today until we go away on our active holiday and I just want to feel better more than anything.

Hopped on our mini stepper this morning whilst I read my book and fitbit reckons I burned around 200 cals, only took 20 mins so I might try and do some again tonight too!

Got an exam coming up in about a month so I'm just trying to find the time to fit everything in really, I need to revise but I need to move more and on top of that work a 40 hr week and maintain a home. I don't know how people do it!
Great to get moving 😊 but be really weary of those calorie counters. They are wildly inaccurate and often over exaggerated. 200 is a lot for a mini stepper. Don’t want to tit on your parade but I know of people who have eaten back exercise calories tracked by their watches and gained a lot of weight as exercise really doesn’t burn as much as we think (or hope!).

Reactions: 9
Great to get moving 😊 but be really weary of those calorie counters. They are wildly inaccurate and often over exaggerated. 200 is a lot for a mini stepper. Don’t want to tit on your parade but I know of people who have eaten back exercise calories tracked by their watches and gained a lot of weight as exercise really doesn’t burn as much as we think (or hope!).
Oh definitely! I find the numbers motivating but I don't ever eat back the calories as I simply don't trust them :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
12 weeks until my Italian holiday. I'm sticking to 1500 calories a day, 2 LTRs of water and trying to get good sleep. I'm also going on 30min walks every day and doing pilates for 45 mins 4 times a week.

Hopefully that will be enough to shift a bit of weight and also just feel better!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Not been here for a while but I've lost 4kgs between start of February and now and it's primarily due to suddenly having to walk to work so I'm basically doing 7-8k steps a day/1 hour walk a day automatically! It's made me think about where else in my life I can add more walks in or swap transport for walks and I'm seeing the benefit!

Being a bit careful with food but not super strict and still eating most of the things I'd like - just not binging. I genuinely think it's largely down to being consistent with walking. It's a bit gutting that I've spent years doing all these mad things from social media and killing myself over slip ups but the time I've been most successful is largely by accident! 😂😢

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Could have had pizza for dinner, as had calories left for it. Instead, as I know I'd only had 4 portions of fruit & veg today, I cooked chicken, rice and veg. Enjoyed it and feel better for it. My size 14 jeans are definitely not as snug and my friend said my stomach looked less bloated and round 🥳 first set of measurements tomorrow and averaging my weight for the last 7 days and actually excited for it 😁😱

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Has anyone got any recommendations for apps to use to follow workouts?
Working part time atm so would like something cheap/free preferably 😂 Have tried tone&sculpt but just can't afford that every month/annually.

Reactions: 1
Working part time atm so would like something cheap/free preferably 😂 Have tried tone&sculpt but just can't afford that every month/annually.
Grow with Jo is free on YouTube and pretty good

Reactions: 2
Caroline Garvin is fab, she posts loads to YouTube for free

Reactions: 2
I've just read an article that states that sharing your "why" for weight can be useful as it helps focus on the motivation behind weight loss rather than just losing weight.

My why is to be help control my PCOS symptoms and hopefully make it easier for when I want to eventually have kids.
That's such an important "why"! PCOS can be challenging, and focusing on managing its symptoms and preparing for the future is a powerful motivator. It's incredible how knowing our reasons beyond just weight loss can give us that extra push.

Reactions: 3