Weight Loss and Healthy Living #12 Tattlers Transformation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Need a pep talk! It suddenly struck me this morning that I have at least 56 pounds to lose 😱 😔
It feels undoable and overwhelming.
I’ll keep plugging away but I’m angry at myself for piling so much on. and I feel like I don’t believe I’ll get there!
I've lost 3 stones since the end of July! I have at least another around 2st10lbs to go at least. It has gone quickly.

My motto was time will pass regardless, so do I want to spend another year making no progress or being even heavier?

Break it into mini goals, it really helps!
---
I want to get a walking pad for our house but I’m worried I’ll be the same and won’t end up using it
I really enjoy mine. It's a bit of 'me' time. I listen to music and get it out the way first thing in the morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't have a walking pad but I do steps on the spot whilst watching MAFSA. I don't find it enjoyable or relaxing but I've told myself I am hitting 10K steps today. And at least I'm watching telly haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thanks everyone for the good advice 😊
Feeling a bit more focussed now and going to break it down into smaller chunks 💪
Came home from work so hungry as no time to eat; would usually dive for something stodgy, but went for some chicken and then some fruit instead :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't have a walking pad but I do steps on the spot whilst watching MAFSA. I don't find it enjoyable or relaxing but I've told myself I am hitting 10K steps today. And at least I'm watching telly haha.
This is genius! Why did I not think of trying this??

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Well I would have been within calories but my daughter made me a cookie when she was with her auntie today so didn't want to refuse it. Not gonna beat myself up though over it. The rest of the day has been good & filled with lots of healthy food 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi everyone! I recently bought myself a walking pad and my boyfriend is getting more use out of it than me, I keep coming up with excuses not to use it 😬 At work I think, yes when I get home I'll do it but when I arrive home I'm straight on the sofa

Do people just watch tv/a show while using it? I find myself not being able to focus on the show and so even 30 mins feels like a slog - how do you fully zone out of the walking aspect and "enjoy" it?
I found it really helped to set mine up with the display not visible to me (it is hidden by part of my desk) so that I’m not paying attention to the time / speed etc because I find a minute feels like twelve if I’m aware of it passing. I’ve got a standing desk so I stick my ipad on or I play something like Theme Hospital or Sims that I can get really engrossed in and not think about walking. I also try to set the rule that I don’t sit on the sofa for the first time until I’ve reached 10k steps for the day, so then any extra movement I do is a bonus

Reactions: 6
Need a pep talk! It suddenly struck me this morning that I have at least 56 pounds to lose 😱 😔
It feels undoable and overwhelming.
I’ll keep plugging away but I’m angry at myself for piling so much on. and I feel like I don’t believe I’ll get there!
I started slimming world last August and have lost 3.5 stone so it's always doable :) like the others have said set little goals and you'll be surprised how quickly it can happen.🤗

So I had a goal at 1/2 stone of 'have a spa bath night', then I had one when my BMI hit a certain number of 'buy some new gel polishes'. Others were buy a new book, buy Lego (!), have some avocado, eat a creme egg, new dress - goals that weren't destructive to my weight loss but enjoyable.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Parking myself in this thread! I'm 10 months postpartum now, breastfeeding and I am RAVENOUS all the time. Weirdly I've maintained my weight since the start of the year and it's the longest I've ever actually maintained my weight, but I am 16 1/2 stone and I want to get down to 13 1/2 stone by end of this year hopefully. I have a walking pad and a bike at home, as well as a gym membership, I have the knowledge but up until this week, have NO determination to actually apply it and lose the weight 😂
I'm also 30 in a few weeks and just want to feel and look like a milf LOL.
I do have a history of food related issues and trying to fully overcome binge eating as well.
Sorry for the huge word vomit hahah I never know how to write things like this :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Parking myself in this thread! I'm 10 months postpartum now, breastfeeding and I am RAVENOUS all the time. Weirdly I've maintained my weight since the start of the year and it's the longest I've ever actually maintained my weight, but I am 16 1/2 stone and I want to get down to 13 1/2 stone by end of this year hopefully. I have a walking pad and a bike at home, as well as a gym membership, I have the knowledge but up until this week, have NO determination to actually apply it and lose the weight 😂
I'm also 30 in a few weeks and just want to feel and look like a milf LOL.
I do have a history of food related issues and trying to fully overcome binge eating as well.
Sorry for the huge word vomit hahah I never know how to write things like this :ROFLMAO:
Breastfeeding burns so many calories, which will probably be why you're hungry so much. Congratulations on your little one.
------------‐--------

I've stuck to it again today, can't remember last time I did 3 days in a row 😂 had a picnic for dinner but chose a salad from tesco instead of a wrap or a giant samosa. Did my 10K steps. Declined a glass of wine with a friend because empty calories and would make me want to snack. And I Resisted free unhealthy snacks in work. Feeling really good 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm on my 3rd week of calorie counting and trying to get 10k steps a day - it's going pretty well so far. HOWEVER - I'll be due on my period in a week or so and the week before I'm due on is usually my downfall. I get crazy hungry and crave sugar so much. Does anybody have any tips for not letting my pre-menstrual cravings get in the way of my good progress so far?!

Reactions: 3
I'm on my 3rd week of calorie counting and trying to get 10k steps a day - it's going pretty well so far. HOWEVER - I'll be due on my period in a week or so and the week before I'm due on is usually my downfall. I get crazy hungry and crave sugar so much. Does anybody have any tips for not letting my pre-menstrual cravings get in the way of my good progress so far?!
The 10cal jellies are great for having something sweet when you feel like you need a hit (at least in my view).

Reactions: 5
Have low calorie snacks in the house. So for example:
- 100 calorie chocolate bars (freddo, dairy milk little bars, mini kinder, curly wurly (great frozen))
- treat size bags of sweets like mini hairbo, mini skittles
- fruit and yoghurt is really sweet
- alpen delight bars are really sweet and low calorie
- popcorn
- low calorie crisps (frazzles, pom bears, hula hoop puff, wotsits)
- options hot chocolate with light Whipped cream feels really indulgent but low calorie

Reactions: 7
Honestly accept it will be hard and you will feel tit is my only advice. The small chocs and snacks are too tempting for me so I still try and avoid them even on period. Options hot chocolate is good with a bath. Sucks being a woman sometimes!

Reactions: 6
The sun is shining is which I love but ugh it's so hard to resist getting some cider and snacks and sit in the garden getting pissed 😩 But I need to tell myself it's empty calories and I don't need it 😭

Reactions: 1