Weight Loss and Healthy Living #11 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First day of holiday complete and thankfully there are massive salad bars available, so always a healthy choice as long as I have the willpower to ignore the pizza buffet next to it!

Reactions: 1
So yesterday I was 188lb. Today I am 192.5lb. Not fair 😭 I know it's impossible to gain that much weight overnight but it's still not nice to see it shoot up 😩 guaranteed it will take me a good few days for it to drop off too

• Sad
Reactions: 2
So yesterday I was 188lb. Today I am 192.5lb. Not fair 😭 I know it's impossible to gain that much weight overnight but it's still not nice to see it shoot up 😩 guaranteed it will take me a good few days for it to drop off too
So frustrating but you know it’s not fat, so just see it as data and go by the lowest weight you see that week.

Have you thought about weighing in Kg as apposed to stones/lbs? Some people feel less emotional attachment to seeing kgs on the scales as it’s not familiar to them.

Reactions: 5
Well done everyone you should be proud of how far you've come😊I'm sort of stuck in limbo with my weight and it hasn't really budged since August time.

Currently 15st 9lbs. I was 19st 2.5lbs August 2021. I know I've lost weight but it's stalled big time I really think I need to overhaul what I'm putting into my body. I admit I've not been completely on track lately but I know I'll get there, I feel like I need to do a reset of some kind Xx
---
Hi all, time to join this thread as I’ve officially started the journey.

I was always a size 8, tiny waist girly all my life. Had 2 kids and developed severe PCOS as well as thyroid issues and in the past 5 years have ballooned to size 18, 91kg.

I feel awful in myself and have tried many diets and fitness plans but the only thing that has ever lost me any weight, no matter what I do, is starvation. Which isn’t at all sustainable.

My motivation is the end of January. My husband is Italian and goes home to Italy once or twice a year every year. For 18 years I went with him (and also the kids obviously once they came along), I even lived there for 3 years at one point. Had my first kid there.

I now haven’t been for 5 years. The problem is they’re obsessed with thin people. Maybe not in places like Rome and Milan where there is more diversity, but in the south and the villages, there is an issue. My husband’s village has 2 clothes shops and you can’t buy anything over a size 8/10 in them. You just can’t be fat there. Husband’s family wouldn’t do or say anything directly, but they would struggle to look at me, they wouldn’t know what to make of me. When I lived there before, my mother-in-law would get out the tape measure and measure the waists of all us girls in the family to see who’s the smallest. It’s such a toxic culture but it’s how they’re raised and how they live. And while I know they won’t say anything to me, I will feel it, and I don’t want to spend a week there feeling like that. But I want to go so badly; aside from this one toxic thing in their weird village culture, I love them. They’re my family. The older ones are getting very old and there are a lot of new babies I want to meet.

2 weeks and 2 days ago I started Orlistat. This week I’ve added the Boots appetite suppressant as well as black seed oil.

Exercise is difficult. I have ME and osteoarthritis. I can’t do 10k steps or any kind of impact exercise. Most days I can’t get the energy to do much of anything at all. I am pushing myself to 5k steps around the house, and playing around half hour or so a day with my teenage son’s 8kg dumbbells. Twice in the past 2 weeks I’ve walked to Tesco and back (an hour’s walk) but it wiped me out for the days after (PEM, if you know about ME/CFS you’ll know what I mean) so it hasn’t been worth it.

Food wise I’ve mostly been sticking to the same thing. Because of the Orlistat I have to stick to low fat. I have a small bowl of gluten-free cornflakes with low-fat milk somewhere between 11am-1pm (I am gluten intolerant), and then some kind of chicken/rice/veg meal at about 6pm. I know to most people I’m not eating nearly enough (and my hunger attests to this), but I’m not looking for advice on that. Trust me when I say I have tried every diet variation possible and the ONLY thing that ever works is triggering starvation mode in my body. The PCOS/thyroid/autoimmune/intolerance combo puts me in a different place than most dieters. I am not starving myself now but I do have to go deep into a calorie deficit.

It’s been 16 days. Stupidly I didn’t record my starting weight but it was about 91kg. I weigh myself every morning after the loo, and with clothes off. This morning I am at 87.9.

The plan is working, but it’s very slow. I have until the end of January to lose my goal of at least 10kg, although 15kg would be better. I plan to take Christmas week off as I am a Christmas nut and I can’t fathom not getting involved in the food festivities.

If I lose 1kg (2lb) a week I will be down 11kg more by end of January, but my body fights me constantly, so we will see. I get a lot of infections (chest, kidney etc). I currently have a chest infection. My last 2 infections developed into tracheal bronchitis and pneumonia and if that happens again, I know the whole plan will go right out the window. So I’m just really hoping my body holds out for a few weeks to get me on this Italy trip. That’s all I want.

Body size isn’t changing at all yet. I have body measure tape and take a look every few days. No movement at all. In fact my waist has bizarrely increased in size a tiny amount the past 2 weeks. I’m hoping it’s some weird early stages phenomenon and will go away. There’s no point to any of this if I don’t end up looking smaller by end of January.
Hi lovely.

I can relate. I have Italian heritage and I am aware how judgmental they can be, if you are waif thin it's seen as beautiful if you are curvy (size 16 upwards) you are seen as unfavourable. It's wrong and I really think people need to accept that one's weight does fluctuate in life and it doesn't make you any lesser in value as a human being. I visited Italy this year and since I've lost some weight compared to my visit previously. I was treated better? It's madness.

But please take each day at a time and make the changes for you. I'm sure you are stunning and a lovely person. From what you've described you've been dealt many cards health wise and people don't understand this can contribute to weight loss/gain.

Unfortunately people judge from a vanity point of view and it really irks me. Whatever you are doing take small positive steps each day and you'll get to where you need to be Xx

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Was out with my mum earlier and she asked for the umpteenth time if I’ve “lost anything this week?”
Honestly I’ve got to the point where I feel like putting more on to be rebellious 😂
However I went for an hours walk when I got back and have comfortably burnt more calories than I’ll eat today.
I think I *might* have lost a whole pound this week :)
“Official” weigh in is tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Was out with my mum earlier and she asked for the umpteenth time if I’ve “lost anything this week?”
Honestly I’ve got to the point where I feel like putting more on to be rebellious 😂
However I went for an hours walk when I got back and have comfortably burnt more calories than I’ll eat today.
I think I *might* have lost a whole pound this week :)
“Official” weigh in is tomorrow.
This is why I don’t want to tell my parents. They are in no position to judge but they do, but they also try to sabotage.

Dad already asks me ‘have you been swimming this week’ every bloody week. Making me feel like I need an excuse if I haven’t been for whatever reason. I should start telling him I can’t go because I’m on my period then maybe he will stop asking!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I’d like to lose 5lbs before Christmas which I think is SO doable, but I’m gonna have to force myself to calorie count again (I was relying on my exercise being upped a lot and getting away with eating reasonably). Motivated though, my body shape has clearly changed in the last couple of months of the gym and swimming so hoping to keep it going in the run up to Christmas! Workout advent sounds like fun 🥰

Evening guys. Had a nice bug busy weekend.
Got 2nd best time at park run and that was with a 2 minute wee.
Did different which made nice change.

Sat I was really active but Sunday the weather was dire even the dog was miserable walking In the rain so to compensate less cals burnt outdoors did 1.5 hours on the exercise bike which I love as just watch TV at the same time.
I'm definitely getting faster as used to take me 45mins get 100 cals now it's 120 to 130 cals.

Having a strange day where felt like I ate loads but I'm under cals.
Scales dropped slightly from 11 stone 5 1/4 to 11 stone 4 / 3/4 do Maybe the fraction of scale is motivating.
Mine are tesco salter £20.

Today Did 15 steps and 45 mins exercise bike.
Didn't feel like much for tea so had boiled eggs with sour dough toast.
Had couple appetiser drinks and special k choc bar as evening treat.
This morning at 11 gad coffee and graze flapjack.

I'm day 72/ 75 but like I said extending it until 29th November.

Keep this in mind
Must be water retention surely its impossible gain that much.
Could it be they not on a level surface as we have vinyl tile in our bathroom not even carpet and all 3 scales had given different results it not placed flat in the same position.

Today's scales got down a slight notch really glad picked a scake with increment of a pound.
Today is 11 stone 3 3/4 take that as a win aa downwards wonder if I can reach 11 stone 2 by Friday.

I feel with roughly 5 weeks to Xmas 1lb a week 5lb is doable if I'm careful and donr over indulge in Dec

Won some Ferrero Roche in raffle yesterday saving the for Dec treat might have 1 a day instead of advent calender.
Half day work today so had big protein filled breakfast and packed snacks rather than a lunch as will have nice evening meal at 6 then evening workout.
Need to try drink more water today that's something found harder recent weeks

Walking to work in the rain plus school run after school clubs mean should easily get 12k steps in and 45 mins outdoors.

Bit of advice needed if anyone’s got any I think? How do you improve the days where you look in the mirror and just feel a bit “eurgh”? It’s really funny because end of last week I thought I looked really not bloated, I could see the difference in my body, and today I just feel…eurgh. And I know logically I’ve lost a noticeable amount of weight, and clothes fit better, but it’s one of those days where it’s a bit of a mental struggle. And I don’t think I’m body dysmorphic or anything legit serious, just wasn’t keen on what I saw in the mirror today 😂

• Heart
Bit of advice needed if anyone’s got any I think? How do you improve the days where you look in the mirror and just feel a bit “eurgh”? It’s really funny because end of last week I thought I looked really not bloated, I could see the difference in my body, and today I just feel…eurgh. And I know logically I’ve lost a noticeable amount of weight, and clothes fit better, but it’s one of those days where it’s a bit of a mental struggle. And I don’t think I’m body dysmorphic or anything legit serious, just wasn’t keen on what I saw in the mirror today 😂
I know it sounds silly but I don't look!!! It's very avoidant but I don't want to tear myself down further when I already feel bad so I just avoid the mirror like a vampire those days.

Also, lightning makes a huuuuuge difference in how I view myself. In my bathroom that has no daylight and just a soft light, I keep thinging "daaaamn giiiirl" and then I pass my hallway mirror (which has daylight) and l look like a bloody zombie (not to mention, thos chin hairs... and that lady beard... and those double chin wrinkles... getting older is hard).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Can anyone recommend some really nice quality leggings.
Fabaletics deal came up earlier but was too good to be true as had to pay monthly membership.
With black Friday coming ho was hoping get something quality at a bargain price.

Reactions: 1
My weight hasn't really dropped, work has been very tiring and stressful and I'm not seeing any difference even though I'm eating way less and much healthier.

I'm so tempted to throw in the towel and go downstairs and have a massive feast of crisps and chocolate :(

• Heart
My weight hasn't really dropped, work has been very tiring and stressful and I'm not seeing any difference even though I'm eating way less and much healthier.

I'm so tempted to throw in the towel and go downstairs and have a massive feast of crisps and chocolate :(
I had many weeks when I felt was getting no where definitely reached a platue but kept telling myself

Keep going
Be consistant
Results will show through eventually if keep moving and stay in calorie defecit.

Few weeks later the pounds are shifting again.

Being large/ feeling unhappy 🙁 is hard
Losing weight is hard.

Focus on the positives maybe non scale victories

Clothes feel less tight
Sleeping better
Feeling fitter
Better skin.

My work is stressful
I did feel fed up and missing booze but enjoying 0 alcohol beer or appetiser in wine glass.
Enjoying low cal treats like special k choc bar/ graze flapjacks/ berries chocolate popcorn keeps me on track so don't feel deprived

• Heart
This is why I don’t want to tell my parents. They are in no position to judge but they do, but they also try to sabotage.

Dad already asks me ‘have you been swimming this week’ every bloody week. Making me feel like I need an excuse if I haven’t been for whatever reason. I should start telling him I can’t go because I’m on my period then maybe he will stop asking!!
Urgh parents!! I told my dad I had 2 weeks off the gym and I've not gained. I went back to the gym and he went good..then I FaceTimed him last night whilst eating a malted milk and he asked me why I'm eating biscuits! I'm not on a diet anymore ....!!! Leave me alone 😂

Quoting myself just to say I stayed in bed, didn't go downstairs for a feast, and today the scales are showing a 2kg loss. So it is working.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.