Weight Loss and Healthy Living #11 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does weight go up before a period? When would it go down if so?
Yes, normally leading up to period (hormones/water retention) but should drop during bleed but can be different for everybody.
It can go up again during ovulation for some. But combine that with all the other factors, itā€™s hard to really know what to attribute the fluctuations down to. If youā€™re ticking the boxes of being in a deficit, eating enough protein and fruit and veg, getting enough daily activity then fat loss will happen even if the scales donā€™t reflect it.

---
Sorry, I know the second bit wasnā€™t what you asked but thought it might be useful for the thread x

Reactions: 5
Thanks šŸ˜Š I'm going have few treats food and drink wise in Dec but not go mad.
Either Friday night when I'm super tired or sat as do park run so can burn some of it off.

Been asking before I do Xmas food shop as full on planning mode for Christmas šŸŽ„ now I live writing lists.

Whats important

Xmas eve usually have buffet wine and chocs.
Xmas day crossents breakfast
Xmas lunch
Nice desert
Tea is leftovers

Boxing day I'm actually working which is bit depressing so might have few chocs and wine then.
At Xmas I get gifted a lot of choc in work so lots temptation.

Think there's possibly work Xmas meal not sure.

Then really new years eve sort of repeat Xmas eve so buffet and fizz with nice dessert
New years day not really massively special really think husband working it.

We may visit family in run up to Xmas and they usually do some sort of buffet.

So really 5 maybe 6 days of Xmas eating
I love satsuma and nuts at Xmas good off roses as kraft ruined them am partial to Terry's choc orange or matchmakers.

I'm planning maybe 3 meals out with friends and husband Dec
Maybe 2 takeaways.

So let's just say 10 days treat 20 days eat well
Keep up same level of exercise
Drink loads of water.

Hopefully can keep on track and not gain weight.
Them be ready get back on it new years day.
Best of luck with your weightloss.

Feeling so tired tonight dreading park run a little tommorow although always feel amazing when i have completed it.
I love this - the idea of working out when youā€™re going to be eating more and when itā€™s important to rather than just scoffing mince pies from the 1 December.

been lurking for a while and youā€™re all inspiring me thank you

Reactions: 3
Hi all, time to join this thread as Iā€™ve officially started the journey.

I was always a size 8, tiny waist girly all my life. Had 2 kids and developed severe PCOS as well as thyroid issues and in the past 5 years have ballooned to size 18, 91kg.

I feel awful in myself and have tried many diets and fitness plans but the only thing that has ever lost me any weight, no matter what I do, is starvation. Which isnā€™t at all sustainable.

My motivation is the end of January. My husband is Italian and goes home to Italy once or twice a year every year. For 18 years I went with him (and also the kids obviously once they came along), I even lived there for 3 years at one point. Had my first kid there.

I now havenā€™t been for 5 years. The problem is theyā€™re obsessed with thin people. Maybe not in places like Rome and Milan where there is more diversity, but in the south and the villages, there is an issue. My husbandā€™s village has 2 clothes shops and you canā€™t buy anything over a size 8/10 in them. You just canā€™t be fat there. Husbandā€™s family wouldnā€™t do or say anything directly, but they would struggle to look at me, they wouldnā€™t know what to make of me. When I lived there before, my mother-in-law would get out the tape measure and measure the waists of all us girls in the family to see whoā€™s the smallest. Itā€™s such a toxic culture but itā€™s how theyā€™re raised and how they live. And while I know they wonā€™t say anything to me, I will feel it, and I donā€™t want to spend a week there feeling like that. But I want to go so badly; aside from this one toxic thing in their weird village culture, I love them. Theyā€™re my family. The older ones are getting very old and there are a lot of new babies I want to meet.

2 weeks and 2 days ago I started Orlistat. This week Iā€™ve added the Boots appetite suppressant as well as black seed oil.

Exercise is difficult. I have ME and osteoarthritis. I canā€™t do 10k steps or any kind of impact exercise. Most days I canā€™t get the energy to do much of anything at all. I am pushing myself to 5k steps around the house, and playing around half hour or so a day with my teenage sonā€™s 8kg dumbbells. Twice in the past 2 weeks Iā€™ve walked to Tesco and back (an hourā€™s walk) but it wiped me out for the days after (PEM, if you know about ME/CFS youā€™ll know what I mean) so it hasnā€™t been worth it.

Food wise Iā€™ve mostly been sticking to the same thing. Because of the Orlistat I have to stick to low fat. I have a small bowl of gluten-free cornflakes with low-fat milk somewhere between 11am-1pm (I am gluten intolerant), and then some kind of chicken/rice/veg meal at about 6pm. I know to most people Iā€™m not eating nearly enough (and my hunger attests to this), but Iā€™m not looking for advice on that. Trust me when I say I have tried every diet variation possible and the ONLY thing that ever works is triggering starvation mode in my body. The PCOS/thyroid/autoimmune/intolerance combo puts me in a different place than most dieters. I am not starving myself now but I do have to go deep into a calorie deficit.

Itā€™s been 16 days. Stupidly I didnā€™t record my starting weight but it was about 91kg. I weigh myself every morning after the loo, and with clothes off. This morning I am at 87.9.

The plan is working, but itā€™s very slow. I have until the end of January to lose my goal of at least 10kg, although 15kg would be better. I plan to take Christmas week off as I am a Christmas nut and I canā€™t fathom not getting involved in the food festivities.

If I lose 1kg (2lb) a week I will be down 11kg more by end of January, but my body fights me constantly, so we will see. I get a lot of infections (chest, kidney etc). I currently have a chest infection. My last 2 infections developed into tracheal bronchitis and pneumonia and if that happens again, I know the whole plan will go right out the window. So Iā€™m just really hoping my body holds out for a few weeks to get me on this Italy trip. Thatā€™s all I want.

Body size isnā€™t changing at all yet. I have body measure tape and take a look every few days. No movement at all. In fact my waist has bizarrely increased in size a tiny amount the past 2 weeks. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s some weird early stages phenomenon and will go away. Thereā€™s no point to any of this if I donā€™t end up looking smaller by end of January.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does weight go up before a period? When would it go down if so?
Mine goes up in the 2-3 days before the bleeding starts, then as soon as the bleeding happens it drops off again. From speaking to friends I think thatā€™s a bit weird and not typical but mentioning in case you have the same pattern

I was always a size 8, tiny waist girly all my life. Had 2 kids and developed severe PCOS as well as thyroid issues and in the past 5 years have ballooned to size 18, 91kg.

I feel awful in myself and have tried many diets and fitness plans but the only thing that has ever lost me any weight, no matter what I do, is starvation. Which isnā€™t at all sustainable.

My motivation is the end of January. My husband is Italian and goes home to Italy once or twice a year every year. For 18 years I went with him (and also the kids obviously once they came along), I even lived there for 3 years at one point. Had my first kid there.

I now havenā€™t been for 5 years. The problem is theyā€™re obsessed with thin people. Maybe not in places like Rome and Milan where there is more diversity, but in the south and the villages, there is an issue. My husbandā€™s village has 2 clothes shops and you canā€™t buy anything over a size 8/10 in them. You just canā€™t be fat there. Husbandā€™s family wouldnā€™t do or say anything directly, but they would struggle to look at me, they wouldnā€™t know what to make of me. When I lived there before, my mother-in-law would get out the tape measure and measure the waists of all us girls in the family to see whoā€™s the smallest. Itā€™s such a toxic culture but itā€™s how theyā€™re raised and how they live. And while I know they wonā€™t say anything to me, I will feel it, and I donā€™t want to spend a week there feeling like that. But I want to go so badly; aside from this one toxic thing in their weird village culture, I love them. Theyā€™re my family. The older ones are getting very old and there are a lot of new babies I want to meet.

2 weeks and 2 days ago I started Orlistat. This week Iā€™ve added the Boots appetite suppressant as well as black seed oil.

Exercise is difficult. I have ME and osteoarthritis. I canā€™t do 10k steps or any kind of impact exercise. Most days I canā€™t get the energy to do much of anything at all. I am pushing myself to 5k steps around the house, and playing around half hour or so a day with my teenage sonā€™s 8kg dumbbells. Twice in the past 2 weeks Iā€™ve walked to Tesco and back (an hourā€™s walk) but it wiped me out for the days after (PEM, if you know about ME/CFS youā€™ll know what I mean) so it hasnā€™t been worth it.

Food wise Iā€™ve mostly been sticking to the same thing. Because of the Orlistat I have to stick to low fat. I have a small bowl of gluten-free cornflakes with low-fat milk somewhere between 11am-1pm (I am gluten intolerant), and then some kind of chicken/rice/veg meal at about 6pm. I know to most people Iā€™m not eating nearly enough (and my hunger attests to this), but Iā€™m not looking for advice on that. Trust me when I say I have tried every diet variation possible and the ONLY thing that ever works is triggering starvation mode in my body. The PCOS/thyroid/autoimmune/intolerance combo puts me in a different place than most dieters. I am not starving myself now but I do have to go deep into a calorie deficit.

Itā€™s been 16 days. Stupidly I didnā€™t record my starting weight but it was about 91kg. I weigh myself every morning after the loo, and with clothes off. This morning I am at 87.9.

The plan is working, but itā€™s very slow. I have until the end of January to lose my goal of at least 10kg, although 15kg would be better. I plan to take Christmas week off as I am a Christmas nut and I canā€™t fathom not getting involved in the food festivities.

If I lose 1kg (2lb) a week I will be down 11kg more by end of January, but my body fights me constantly, so we will see. I get a lot of infections (chest, kidney etc). I currently have a chest infection. My last 2 infections developed into tracheal bronchitis and pneumonia and if that happens again, I know the whole plan will go right out the window. So Iā€™m just really hoping my body holds out for a few weeks to get me on this Italy trip. Thatā€™s all I want.

Body size isnā€™t changing at all yet. I have body measure tape and take a look every few days. No movement at all. In fact my waist has bizarrely increased in size a tiny amount the past 2 weeks. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s some weird early stages phenomenon and will go away. Thereā€™s no point to any of this if I donā€™t end up looking smaller by end of January.
Hi I just wanted to say your goal is not a bad thing to have but try not to put too much pressure on yourself in achieving a certain weight by end of January because what happens if you donā€™t meet it?Even though youā€™ll have still likely lost weight and done wonders for your health, I wouldnā€™t want you to feel like thereā€™s no point to it all cos there is!

I know you say you do better in a deep deficit but you still need to consume a certain amount, not only for health but adherence. Could you make your breakfast more satiating so you donā€™t feel as hungry? Iā€™d also say be careful around Christmas if youā€™re going to have a week off. Thereā€™s absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying Christmas but youā€™re going to be on so few calories that going back to eating what you want, you may struggle to get back into the routine of going back down to low calories again, then the restrict/ binge cycle begins and thatā€™s where a lot of people fail.

Do remember that fat loss isnā€™t linear so if youā€™re not seeing much movement on the scales each week or hitting the 2lb loss, it doesnā€™t mean youā€™re not losing fat, it could be a whole host of reasons. Especially if you already have some conditions as they can cause inflammation in the body.

Good luck with your journey, just make sure youā€™re looking after yourself too x

• Heart
Reactions: 4

You are doing so well. I relate to so much of your post although I don't have the health issues and I'm also bigger. Husband and his family are all tall and slender. I know it shouldn't matter but it does.

I also tend to get ill when I try to lose weight or increase exercise, it's so weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Not sure how but I'm still losing around (give or take) 1lb a week! I was 11 stone 10th October and I'm 10 stone 8 as of this morning šŸ˜Œ finally got back to the gym this morning after pretty much 2 weeks off but I think I just needed a break from it!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
first time posting on this thread, be gentle with me please

I have 20 weeks to lose 2stone 4lbs

feeling a little overwhelmed with it all

• Heart
Reactions: 8
first time posting on this thread, be gentle with me please

I have 20 weeks to lose 2stone 4lbs

feeling a little overwhelmed with it all
since 19th May 2023 I've lost 3 stone 5 pounds.

going the gym 5-6 time a week, no takeaways, basically cut out alcohol, meal prepping!!!, I did eat out a few times but made sure I went the gym that day too. It was hard work but now I'm "slim" again, it's not hard work to maintain it!!

Break it into 0.5 to lose, then another 0.5.. at one point I was losing 2lbs a week but I was strict.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

If you have PCOS then get off the orlistat and low fat food. You need the total opposite.

I was thinking the same. I've known a few people with PCOS have astonishing results with a low carb diet.
Itā€™s not even about the weight loss. Stripping the fat out of the diet is going to wreck your hormones, in turn this will affect the metabolism, insulin levels, thyroid etc. Women with PCOS need healthy fats for our bodies to function.

Does anyone follow The Glucose Goddess method?

I bought the book yesterday. Itā€™s a 4 week guide to help cut cravings by controlling your glucose spikes after meals.

Itā€™s not even about the weight loss. Stripping the fat out of the diet is going to wreck your hormones, in turn this will affect the metabolism, insulin levels, thyroid etc. Women with PCOS need healthy fats for our bodies to function.
Sorry, didn't explain myself properly - amazing results as in periods becoming regular again, hair on their heads getting thicker, unwanted facial hair disappearing and so on.

Sorry, didn't explain myself properly - amazing results as in periods becoming regular again, hair on their heads getting thicker, unwanted facial hair disappearing and so on.
Oh I know i wasnā€™t saying that what you said is wrong. Low carb high fat is the best way to do it, even better if in conjunction with medication such as metformin, semaglutide or supplements like inositol, berberine etc.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone follow The Glucose Goddess method?

I bought the book yesterday. Itā€™s a 4 week guide to help cut cravings by controlling your glucose spikes after meals.
Not familiar with the book but Iā€™d be sceptical as glucose spikes are a completely normal response to eating food. I think the current focus on glucose/ cortisol is just a new gimmick that most people in average population donā€™t need. Give it a go and see how it works for you, but donā€™t believe everything you read.

Reactions: 9
Hi everyone, I am on a loss journey after gaining 4 stone when I had my gallbladder removed despite low cals, healthy eating and exercise at the gym (also chronic diahorrea for 2 years!). I've lost 2.5st now with the help of orlistat as not changed anything major from what I was doing before, except adding in the tablets.

Anyway just wanted to day hi and I'm glad I've found others on a weight loss journey who may help keep me motivated!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.