Wedding planning

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But you have to get a dress even if you're just a regular guest? Don't get me wrong, paying £250 for a dress you didn't choose yourself and won't wear again is way too much, but I'll be maid of honour to my best friend in may and I ordered my dress from Asos (and I chose it myself, no dress code or colour scheme), it was around £40 and I'll probably be able to wear again. She's also my MOH in july and she bought her dress that she chose in Zara for 50e.
You don't have to though, you can wear something you already have if you want. Making someone pay £250 for a dress plus shoes and hair that they have no choice on isn't fair IMO. For me, I do not want anyone to be out of pocket for something I am organising, I have stressed to everyone please do not buy a new outfit if you don't want etc.

If you can pick your dress and/or you have been asked if its okay and agreed etc then that's different, but forcing it on people is not okay.

Reactions: 4
What's been the reason for the fall out? We haven't but we are not having a conventional wedding and no one else is involved.
The two of them have been less than interested, complaining it's a weekday wedding and they can't afford a long weekend in the UK for the stag (one of them is getting married this year too and his stag is 5 nights abroad 🙄). The other has text to say he's too busy to be best man now and find someone else - we're getting married in 4 months and not even an apology. It's all long winded but that's the summary lol

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
The two of them have been less than interested, complaining it's a weekday wedding and they can't afford a long weekend in the UK for the stag (one of them is getting married this year too and his stag is 5 nights abroad 🙄). The other has text to say he's too busy to be best man now and find someone else - we're getting married in 4 months and not even an apology. It's all long winded but that's the summary lol
Wow, you really know who your true friends are when people behave like this. How sad for your H2B.

Reactions: 3
I personally wouldn’t mind buying a bridesmaid dress and paying for my hair and makeup, I know weddings are expensive. But I’d only do it if it’s a dress I liked and would probably wear again

I’ve always paid for my own dresses, I didn’t realise the bride and groom pay for them 😮

Reactions: 1
I personally wouldn’t mind buying a bridesmaid dress and paying for my hair and makeup, I know weddings are expensive. But I’d only do it if it’s a dress I liked and would probably wear again

I’ve always paid for my own dresses, I didn’t realise the bride and groom pay for them 😮
Typically the bride would cover all costs for bridedmaids. If you can afford it/youre very particular then do so but I dont think its unreasonable to ask bridesmaids to get a dress or if they want make up done to pay for it. You just cant dictate what theyre wearing then if youre not paying. Expecting people to front up £250 is massively taking the piss! At least make it reasonable/affordable for the girls

My BMs have colour to choose from but they have free choice what style. I mean, theyre getting cheap dresses off amazon 😂 im not picky

I'll be buying my bridesmaids dresses and bouquets but that's it. I don't care what shoes they wear, and if they want their hair and makeup done they can pay for it. Again I don't care how they look, they always look gorj!

I’m paying for my maid of honour’s hair & makeup, dress & hotel room for the night before. She’s on benefits, is disabled & has a baby.
My other bridesmaid is my SIL to be, I’ll be paying her for dress. She wants to pay for the hotel room & hair & makeup, but I’d be happy to pay for those if she wanted.

the only things they’ll need to sort themselves if they want to have them are jewellery, nails & similar accessories. They’ll also be sorting their own shoes.

it’s a very unique thing and it all depends on budgets.

• Heart
My bridesmaids have offered to pay for their own make up as they know were on a Budget, but with dress and shoes for them, I am currently £100 under the budget I set, so I'm just going to pay for them as the total cost for all their make up only comes to £105 anyway

I’m paying for their dresses, and I’ve told them to wear whatever shoes they want as they won’t be seen anyway! My cousin is doing all our hair and I’m paying for her hotel room to cover it, and then I’ve said to them if they want their makeup done they can pay for it which they’re all happy to do!

I’m paying for my bridesmaids dresses and hair. I’ve given them the option of makeup with my MUA but not paying for that. I don’t think it’s unfair to ask them to pay for some stuff as long as it’s reasonable 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Yeah I feel like as long as you give them option it's fine, just not demanding hair and makeup professionally done and then not paying for it, I would find that offensive haha.

Is anyone else getting married on a weekend and going back to work on the Monday?

we get married on a Saturday, I’m in work Monday-Thursday and then we go on honeymoon for two weeks.

everyone I work with is horrified that I’m coming back to work so quickly? I’m not having a baby, I’m marrying a man I’ve lived with for five years 🤣 I don’t want to spend a few days off with him, unless we are on honeymoon😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is anyone else getting married on a weekend and going back to work on the Monday?

we get married on a Saturday, I’m in work Monday-Thursday and then we go on honeymoon for two weeks.

everyone I work with is horrified that I’m coming back to work so quickly? I’m not having a baby, I’m marrying a man I’ve lived with for five years 🤣 I don’t want to spend a few days off with him, unless we are on honeymoon😂😂
We’re getting married on a Thursday. 1 because it’s cheaper but 2 because it means we all get a long weekend afterward, be useful for the 3 day hangover I’m anticipating 🤣

Reactions: 2

We’re getting married on a Friday and will both be back at work on the Monday! We’re having a weekend away the following Friday as our honeymoon isn’t until the next year but other than that it’ll be back to normal 😂

I don't see the issue with that, you might be knackered though! I'd give myself the Monday off too lol.

We're getting married on a Monday and I'll be back in office the following Monday. Having a mini-moon in the UK before the proper one a few months later!

We went back to work on the Monday after getting married on the Thursday, we’re not going on our honeymoon until next year so didn’t see the point in wasting annual leave

Were getting married on a Thursday. We've both got the week off and back to work on the Tuesday. Going on a mini moon the Friday - Sunday 😌

I’m getting married on a Saturday, back at work not the following Wednesday but the Wednesday after, as we’re having a minimoon in the country where we are getting married. My leave year runs October to September so I’ll have my full allowance for the proper honeymoon the following year so not so worried about getting back straight away.

I don't see the issue with that, you might be knackered though! I'd give myself the Monday off too lol.

We're getting married on a Monday and I'll be back in office the following Monday. Having a mini-moon in the UK before the proper one a few months later!
I think I’ll be okay, I’ll have all Sunday to rest and i work in an office so I’m sure I’ll be fine! I don’t get much annual leave and our honeymoon is two weeks, so I need to save as much as I can!😀

We’re getting married on a Friday and will both be back at work on the Monday! We’re having a weekend away the following Friday as our honeymoon isn’t until the next year but other than that it’ll be back to normal 😂
Glad I’m not the only one going back after the weekend, I don’t know why people think it’s so unusual 😂 what are we meant to do if we book days off when we aren’t on honeymoon? Sit round our house looking at each other?🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.