Wedding planning

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks everyone! My auntie has given me some money for jewellery, I only wear a small necklace and studs on my ears everyday so don’t really have anything fancy for the wedding! My dress is a sweetheart neckline with really thin straps so I think I’ll need a nice necklace so my chest doesn’t look too bare!

Reactions: 2
Wanting to go on our honeymoon at the end of July (next year) and it’s so depressing how much more expensive it is!!! 😭

Reactions: 2
Wanting to go on our honeymoon at the end of July (next year) and it’s so depressing how much more expensive it is!!! 😭
It’s crazy isn’t it! We’re getting married this July and have just booked Cornwall for the week after, we’re going to go to Florida next year in a quieter month instead!

It’s crazy isn’t it! We’re getting married this July and have just booked Cornwall for the week after, we’re going to go to Florida next year in a quieter month instead!
That’s a good idea. Sounds amazing. Our wedding is March 2023 and we’re doing a UK holiday afterwards too. But it’s my 30th birthday in the July (and partners birthday too!) and I don’t get enough annual leave to take it all off separately ☹

Ordered my bridesmaid dresses.
Got them an absolute bargain. They went on sale. Then had a further 20% off. And then I had a 10% off discount code.
Got all 3 of my bridesmaid dresses for £113.
Are you paying? Im sure they will appreciate that. I’m a bridesmaid this summer and I have to pay for my own at £250, plus shoes hair and make up 😭

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Are you paying? Im sure they will appreciate that. I’m a bridesmaid this summer and I have to pay for my own at £250, plus shoes hair and make up 😭
Im not paying for my bridesmaids (very tight budget), but ive made sure ive kept any suggestions to £40 and under!

Reactions: 1
I would be furious if someone asked me to be a bridesmaid and then told me I had to pay for the dress/hair/make up! If you want someone to be in the wedding party you pay for that as part of the wedding, and if you can’t afford that then you simply don’t have them involved.

Reactions: 9
I would be furious if someone asked me to be a bridesmaid and then told me I had to pay for the dress/hair/make up! If you want someone to be in the wedding party you pay for that as part of the wedding, and if you can’t afford that then you simply don’t have them involved.
Luckily my mates and sister are understanding 🙂

£250 for a bridesmaid dress and all that extra stuff on top? That is appalling, I would just say no 😱

Reactions: 3
My boyfriend of 5 years proposed on Sunday! So I’m parking myself here 🥰♥

9962F592-BB53-43BB-BD11-8853519F9E0B.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That's not fair, I feel bad asking people for £60 for my hen do let alone expecting them to buy a dress and shoes etc they will only wear once.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone lost any friends in the wedding planning process? My fiance's groomsmen have been absolutely awful throughout, and I feel completely helpless and bad for him 😞 people's true colours really show during wedding planning!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Has anyone lost any friends in the wedding planning process? My fiance's groomsmen have been absolutely awful throughout, and I feel completely helpless and bad for him 😞 people's true colours really show during wedding planning!
What's been the reason for the fall out? We haven't but we are not having a conventional wedding and no one else is involved.

That’s rubbish, your poor fiancé. What’s happened with his friends?

I had a strange situation this weekend, where it felt like one of my friends was baiting me into admitting I didn’t want our other friends kid to come to our wedding.. like 😑 it’s nothing to do with them, like hell would I admit I don’t want them there to someone else who isn’t involved! I don’t know what they were trying to gain from it.. like it’s not your wedding why are you so bothered 😅

That's not fair, I feel bad asking people for £60 for my hen do let alone expecting them to buy a dress and shoes etc they will only wear once.
But you have to get a dress even if you're just a regular guest? Don't get me wrong, paying £250 for a dress you didn't choose yourself and won't wear again is way too much, but I'll be maid of honour to my best friend in may and I ordered my dress from Asos (and I chose it myself, no dress code or colour scheme), it was around £40 and I'll probably be able to wear again. She's also my MOH in july and she bought her dress that she chose in Zara for 50e.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.