Votes: 11 7.3%

Votes: 71 47.3%

Votes: 31 20.7%

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • No date set yet!

Votes: 32 21.3%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey all!
I couldn't find a thread for anyone that might be planning a wedding that might need advice, or to rant, or just to find other brides or grooms in the same situation.
Post away!

I'm getting married August 2023 👰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes!! I’ve been thinking about setting up a wedding planning thread 😁

we’re getting married March 2022.

we’re having a tiny wedding with just a few close family members, in a hotel quite a long way from home.

current dilemma is whether to do hair and/or makeup myself… it will just be for me, we will just have a couple of guests, but I’m being quoted £150+ for each, and I feel like it’s just a bit excessive! But also id probably spend that or more on makeup if I did it myself anyway

we’re having a tiny wedding with just a few close family members, in a hotel quite a long way from home.

current dilemma is whether to do hair and/or makeup myself… it will just be for me, we will just have a couple of guests, but I’m being quoted £150+ for each, and I feel like it’s just a bit excessive! But also id probably spend that or more on makeup if I did it myself anyway
I'm actually a wedding coordinator as a profession and in all honesty any brides I've had that decided to do their hair and make up themselves are substantially more stressed in the morning
Plus say you did go and buy the make up yourself, eyeshadow as a example, the ABH palette I see most make up.artists use alone is £50
Plus your primer, foundation, powder, bronzer, blusher, Highlighter, mascara and false lashes and setting spray
And you'll need to have enough of everything to do a couple of trials beforehand so keep that in mind.
Personally I always find when I've got something important, it's always the ONE day my eyebrows don't look right and my eyeliner goes uneven so I'm paying someone 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

i would defo shop around and get diff quotes
i still had hair and makeup done for my small wedding and paid £160 for me and my bridesmaid for hair and makeup

I'm actually a wedding coordinator as a profession and in all honesty any brides I've had that decided to do their hair and make up themselves are substantially more stressed in the morning
Plus say you did go and buy the make up yourself, eyeshadow as a example, the ABH palette I see most make up.artists use alone is £50
Plus your primer, foundation, powder, bronzer, blusher, Highlighter, mascara and false lashes and setting spray
And you'll need to have enough of everything to do a couple of trials beforehand so keep that in mind.
Personally I always find when I've got something important, it's always the ONE day my eyebrows don't look right and my eyeliner goes uneven so I'm paying someone 😂
Not everyone would either want or need to wear all above mentioned on the day. If you are comfortable and confident in doing your own make up - do it. Any products you buy, are yours to keep so it’s not wasted money if you do buy a few new bits. If you do your own make up I’d probably have a professional do your eyebrows and lashes a few days prior so that you don’t have to worry so much about those on the day but other than that, if you want to do your own then do it. You definitely do not have to have a MUA do your wedding make up.

Reactions: 5
i would defo shop around and get diff quotes
i still had hair and makeup done for my small wedding and paid £160 for me and my bridesmaid for hair and makeup
Agreed, I found a lovely lady in Edinburgh that's doing my hair and make up, my mums and my MOH all for £220 so it definitely pays to shop around if you did want someone to do your make up. If you have any local wedding fairs coming up, a lot of vendors, including hair and make up, offer up discounts if you book them at a wedding fair.

If you are comfortable doing your own hair and make up though then don't feel like you have to book someone. I just meant if you were a bit like me and was OK at make up but not incredible or didn't like doing your make up when stressed then maybe go with the shop around option.

Last edited:
Finally!!! I have never been to a wedding but trying to plan my own (I have absolutely ZERO idea what I'm doing). I have a few more venue viewings but so keen to get a date booked - aiming for March 2023!

Reactions: 3
Finally!!! I have never been to a wedding but trying to plan my own (I have absolutely ZERO idea what I'm doing). I have a few more venue viewings but so keen to get a date booked - aiming for March 2023!
I literally only know what I'm doing because of my job otherwise I'd be screwed 😂😂😂
I've still had to buy a wedding planner book and planning a wedding when you live 3 hours from where the wedding is taking place is ✨STRESSFUL✨
March is a great time for a wedding, just coming into spring but venues class it as off peak so its cheaper

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Download the app bridebook , you submit the potential date of your wedding and it gives you a schedule of what to do and when to have it done by

• Heart
I’m getting married October 2022.

we have quite a lot booked and organised so far and I’m getting quite excited 😀. It’s a fairly small wedding in terms of guest numbers and we have a reasonably small budget, which suits us. 😃

one thing I’ve learnt is not to take to heart other people’s comments. You’ll always get the people who don’t like weddings, or don’t like big weddings, etc etc, but it’s yours and your fiancé’s day, so you do what makes you both happy!

Reactions: 7
I’m getting married October 2022.

we have quite a lot booked and organised so far and I’m getting quite excited 😀. It’s a fairly small wedding in terms of guest numbers and we have a reasonably small budget, which suits us. 😃

one thing I’ve learnt is not to take to heart other people’s comments. You’ll always get the people who don’t like weddings, or don’t like big weddings, etc etc, but it’s yours and your fiancé’s day, so you do what makes you both happy!
I've got this with my future MIL
I adore her don't get me wrong but with everything with the wedding she's like
"Well thats expesive" or "well i think you should do this to save money" or "well i didn't pay that when I got married" or she asks how much everything is
Which I would get if she was contributing but were paying for it all ourselves (apart from my dress which my parents are very kindly paying for) so were not booking anything out of the realms we can afford
Not to mention comparing the costs of weddings now compared to 11 years ago when she got married is a bit daft in my opinion 😅

I’m getting married April 2022.

very small affair. Just 16 of us. Second time for each of us. Both in out fifties. We are being married in a hotel and then a seven course meal afterwards with wine flight. We are having no frills. Photos will be taken by the guests so we will choose our favourites. No wedding cake needed or even a DJ. As we are being married at 4pm and the champagne and canopies will be served at 6 followed by dinner. Just a new dress for me and a suit for him. Only me having a ring and bouquet. Buttonhole for my other half. Flowers for the table supplied by the hotel. Everyone staying overnight and breakfast in the morning. We are doing it all for just under 10k.
I do adore these paired back weddings and was inspired by Princess Beatrice

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've got this with my future MIL
I adore her don't get me wrong but with everything with the wedding she's like
"Well thats expesive" or "well i think you should do this to save money" or "well i didn't pay that when I got married" or she asks how much everything is
Which I would get if she was contributing but were paying for it all ourselves (apart from my dress which my parents are very kindly paying for) so were not booking anything out of the realms we can afford
Not to mention comparing the costs of weddings now compared to 11 years ago when she got married is a bit daft in my opinion 😅
It’s so annoying isn’t it! My MIL can be like this, she thought 28 guests to the day was a lot… but twelve of them are my aunties/uncles and their partners! And we are literally only having parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts & uncles and one cousin from his side and one from mine! And three friends! 🤣

she also kept saying how expensive it is to have someone do my hair and makeup… but I literally hate how I look and I would have a hissy fit if I tried to do my own, it wouldn’t end well! I want to be stress free and feeling fantastic! 🤣

She can be like that with everything though, she does mean well, but I swear she has nightmares of us ending up destitute! Even though we’ve told her that we already have the money saved for the wedding and more 🤣🤣!

Reactions: 1
I’m getting married in March 2022! It’s quite a big wedding due to the size of his family and our friendship groups.

I think we’ve got the majority of stuff sorted. Just need to sort the table plan and place settings once everyone has RSVP’d. Also need to order favours and confetti but waiting til nearer the time. I’m a bit concerned that I’m not stressed and I’m now worrying I’ve missed something!

Is anyone having a videographer? I splashed out on an expensive photographer and wasn’t interested in a video as I thought we’d never watch it. A few people have now said to make sure we have a videographer as they catch things we will miss when we’re away doing our photos etc and now I’m wondering if we will miss out not having one.

I’m getting married in March 2022! It’s quite a big wedding due to the size of his family and our friendship groups.

I think we’ve got the majority of stuff sorted. Just need to sort the table plan and place settings once everyone has RSVP’d. Also need to order favours and confetti but waiting til nearer the time. I’m a bit concerned that I’m not stressed and I’m now worrying I’ve missed something!

Is anyone having a videographer? I splashed out on an expensive photographer and wasn’t interested in a video as I thought we’d never watch it. A few people have now said to make sure we have a videographer as they catch things we will miss when we’re away doing our photos etc and now I’m wondering if we will miss out not having one.
I had a videographer and we've watched the video once in 2 years 🙈 but the reason I got it was that our son was only 2 and we have elderly parents so it will be nice for him to watch the video when they are no longer with us. Morbid I know but to me it was worth it

I had a videographer and we've watched the video once in 2 years 🙈 but the reason I got it was that our son was only 2 and we have elderly parents so it will be nice for him to watch the video when they are no longer with us. Morbid I know but to me it was worth it
Good video and photo was so so important to me. Memory keeping is an investment in my opinion and I know in 5/10/25 years time I’ll be pleased I did it. Ours weren’t massively expensive but were the style we wanted which was documentary style rather than posed and traditional. I think we paid £1400 for the videographer (full day coverage edited to 2.5 hours, highlights reel) and £1200 for the photographer (again full day coverage, documentary style and as many photos as we wanted - we ended up with over 1000)

We got married in the last few weeks of restrictions here in England so we didn’t have a proper first dance, a DJ, an actual reception and were limited on guest numbers. Because of this we’re doing a reception/celebration next July to have the party we wanted! I’ve not got a massive amount of enthusiasm for planning it atm 😂

Were having a vidrographer, again being morbid, my fiances grandma has altzehmeirs so we know she won't be around as long as we'd hope, and there's his grandad as wel, plus our little boy will be 2 and will be nice to show him when he's older.
I had to massively shop around though because the price some people charge is ridiculous

I’m getting married next year abroad (hopefully nothing changes by then) I can’t decide if I want to do personal vows or not. It’s not a massive wedding and I hate the attention being on me as I’m quite introverted and keep everything to myself. So I don’t know if we should do standard ones and then write letters to each other with how we feel.

I’m not having a videographer. I hate the sound of my own voice and I don’t think I’d ever watch the video because I would be cringing so bad! I think I watched too much you’ve been framed as a child and now I’m terrified of something embarrassing happening and it ending up on film! 😂

If I even attempted to do my hair and makeup myself, I would probably end up throwing the hissy fit of all hissy fits, I’d probably cut my hair off and smash the makeup to bits in anger! I can’t do hair at all and I can only do basic makeup! It’s just not worth the stress for me, and I hate how I look. I look in the mirror at my face and I want to vomit because I’m not naturally stunning like some women are… so for me, I need to have a full makeover to make me look amazing🤣

Videographers can make beautiful videos of the day without any actual audio from the day - so you wouldn’t have to hear your own voice back on it! It can be done as a video with music over the top - ive seen some really amazing ones done. Forget the old fashioned wedding videos from the 90s, it’s nothing like that!!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.