Wedding Planning #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m just here for a moan/rant and please tell me if I’m being too petty. Heavily pregnant and hormonal! My husbands aunt is getting married soon, two weeks after my due date so I’ve said I won’t be going, which is a whole other story.

We have a 3 year old who’s part of the groomsmen, we’ve never been asked permission it’s just assumed that he’s doing it and that’s it. All of the groomsmen seem to be grandkids/family and I think the plan for them is to walk down the aisle with the bridesmaids. We’ve never been told of any plans, but I think my son is to be walking down the aisle with his gran who is a bridesmaid. Now we got married last year and one of the most special parts of the day was having my son walk me down the aisle because my dad is no longer with us. I just don’t want him walking down the aisle with anyone else, that was our special moment. Am I being petty? Am I allowed to say what happens at someone else’s wedding?
I dont think anyone would take the moment away from you and your son because it was your day? Especially as it sounds like they are involving lots of family with multiple groomsman and bridesmaids.

Reactions: 1
New to the thread here so apologies if it's already been discussed 🙈

My partner and I have told 3 people when and where we're getting married. We're basically eloping next month with 2 family members as witnesses and I am so relieved about it, it's been wonderful to organise so far..

I am thinking about small details for the day now and wondered If anyone got a special perfume/scent for the day or if you just stuck to a trusted favorite? 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Congrats ❤ I stuck to a trusted favourite scent. It's been a while since I was a girl about town having people say "Ooh, you smell nice! What is it?" and "I met someone who smelled like you" and I thought I'd treat his side of the family to the experience 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 2

My partner and I have told 3 people when and where we're getting married. We're basically eloping next month with 2 family members as witnesses and I am so relieved about it, it's been wonderful to organise so far..

I am thinking about small details for the day now and wondered If anyone got a special perfume/scent for the day or if you just stuck to a trusted favorite? 😊
I tried some new ones so I had one that would remind me of our day and honeymoon! I chose miss dior x

Due to working in beauty, I'm lucky that I get to try lots of fragrances and often get them for free or discounted so take my advice which a pinch of salt as I'm speaking from an advantaged position

I would get a new fragrance and am planning to for my wedding. Smells evoke specific memories and I think it's nice to have a particular scent for such a unique and special day. My fiancé and I are going fragrance shopping together, getting samples, and are going to test 5 fragrances in the run up to the day. We will then choose each others scent to wear on the day, that way we know that each other likes it, as I have quite a few perfumes which I love, but my fiancé doesn't like.

On my wedding day, even if I can't guarantee he'll like my dress, I know he'll like my scent

I would advise buy an edp or perfume. EDT and EDT don't last that long and on the day it may me difficult for you to top up. This is why i dont buy jo malone as i find their fragrances too weak and overpriced for the sillage/ projection. Buy an atomiser which you can decant your fragrance into so u can have the spray with you, rather than the whole bottle.

Another tip, be mindful of the time of year you'll be getting married in, eg an Amber maybe to heavy for an August wedding, but lovely for autumn winter

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Guys, a little bit of advice please.

Our wedding is March 2025 and it is here in Northern Ireland, my partner, however, is originally from England so he will have friends and family members traveling over - just wondering the best time to send out invitations.
he wants to send them out to his family and friends soon so they can make arrangements. Still, I feel it might be too soon as people will probably need a gentle reminder again closer to the time to RSVP as obviously, people's circumstances change. Some things might come up for different people closer to the wedding date.
I had originally thought to send out invites around November.
My partner suggested perhaps sending the invites to those who will need to make travel arrangements soon and leave sending invites to those who live closer until later in the year, but I'm not sure.

We have sent out save the dates already ages ago

thanks for the help in advance :)

Guys, a little bit of advice please.

Our wedding is March 2025 and it is here in Northern Ireland, my partner, however, is originally from England so he will have friends and family members traveling over - just wondering the best time to send out invitations.
he wants to send them out to his family and friends soon so they can make arrangements. Still, I feel it might be too soon as people will probably need a gentle reminder again closer to the time to RSVP as obviously, people's circumstances change. Some things might come up for different people closer to the wedding date.
I had originally thought to send out invites around November.
My partner suggested perhaps sending the invites to those who will need to make travel arrangements soon and leave sending invites to those who live closer until later in the year, but I'm not sure.

We have sent out save the dates already ages ago

thanks for the help in advance :)
honestly send them now. we sent out STDs a year in advance, and our invites 8 months before the wedding ( a lot of guest having to travel/accommodation) and people won't forget to RSVP. And you'll find those who hold off are people who are unsure if they can make it regardless of when you send them out.

So yeah. Wedding is August, Invites went out December, and we gave our guests until the end of March to RSVP. we didn't need to chase any of our guests up :) good luck!!

Reactions: 7
honestly send them now. we sent out STDs a year in advance, and our invites 8 months before the wedding ( a lot of guest having to travel/accommodation) and people won't forget to RSVP. And you'll find those who hold off are people who are unsure if they can make it regardless of when you send them out.

So yeah. Wedding is August, Invites went out December, and we gave our guests until the end of March to RSVP. we didn't need to chase any of our guests up :) good luck!!
I'm such an anxious person which is the only thing, I worry people will forget or something 😂 There are quite a few people coming who are so laid back and I just know they will need to be chased but I suppose closer to the time I could always just send a message to anyone who hasn't got back to me.. thank you, I will look at getting them made up soon then :)

Also would you recommend maybe a QR code or something for some guests so it's easier to RSVP?

• Heart
I'm such an anxious person which is the only thing, I worry people will forget or something 😂 There are quite a few people coming who are so laid back and I just know they will need to be chased but I suppose closer to the time I could always just send a message to anyone who hasn't got back to me.. thank you, I will look at getting them made up soon then :)

Also would you recommend maybe a QR code or something for some guests so it's easier to RSVP?
Sorry to piggyback! I’m getting married in the Caribbean as I live here, but all of my family are in the UK , so I can’t post physical invites to them with the fear of them getting lost 🤦🏼‍♀️
So I’ve actually set up a wedding website that I’ll share with everyone when I send my invites out and they can RVSP that way! Its easier for them and also me to keep track then too.
I used the knot for it and find it’s brilliant 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4

we used QR codes in our invitations that took guests directly to our website where they could RSVP, choose accommodation, and food choices too.I am a natural worrier too, but honestly think about when you get invited to a wedding. it becomes a priority and something lovely to look forward to, so as soon as that invite comes in, if they can manage, that will be on their radar. And you might have the odd one or two you need to chase, but usually that is because of their own logistics, be it childcare, flights, PTO etc.

<3

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry to piggyback! I’m getting married in the Caribbean as I live here, but all of my family are in the UK , so I can’t post physical invites to them with the fear of them getting lost 🤦🏼‍♀️
So I’ve actually set up a wedding website that I’ll share with everyone when I send my invites out and they can RVSP that way! Its easier for them and also me to keep track then too.
I used the knot for it and find it’s brilliant 😊
Thank you so much - I will make a website over the weekend and get the ball rolling :) I hope your wedding is amazing! :) xx

we used QR codes in our invitations that took guests directly to our website where they could RSVP, choose accommodation, and food choices too.I am a natural worrier too, but honestly think about when you get invited to a wedding. it becomes a priority and something lovely to look forward to, so as soon as that invite comes in, if they can manage, that will be on their radar. And you might have the odd one or two you need to chase, but usually that is because of their own logistics, be it childcare, flights, PTO etc.

<3
Aw brilliant thank you so much, that is really, really helpful .A QR code and website will probably be a much easier option for most people to RSVP back and read details etc so I will set up a website over the weekend :) Your wedding is going to come around so quick, I am sure you are absolutely buzzing! I hope it is everything you have wanted and more :) xx

• Heart
Thank you so much - I will make a website over the weekend and get the ball rolling :) I hope your wedding is amazing! :) xx

Aw brilliant thank you so much, that is really, really helpful .A QR code and website will probably be a much easier option for most people to RSVP back and read details etc so I will set up a website over the weekend :) Your wedding is going to come around so quick, I am sure you are absolutely buzzing! I hope it is everything you have wanted and more :) xx
You’re welcome! When I send my digital invites I’ll have the link to the website on there, so you could do that if you wanted or then just pop a QR code on your invites to take you to the website like belle said! Which is super cute too.
Thank you ❤ hope yours is amazing too! X

• Heart

oh thank you! and yours will be magical. started my honeymoon wardrobe today <3

• Heart

I "eloped" so to speak, we got married in New York but people knew and had some family and friends there , don't regret it one bit, had the most amazing holiday in America spending less than if we had a big wedding at home
My perfume was armani code (trusted fav)

(Not knocking big traditional weddings btw each to their own but we've been to so many over the years made me realise I didn't want to spend the money , we have 2 kids and it was the first proper family holiday for years)

Hey everyone! Joining this thread as I’m finally getting married next year! (4 years engaged!). I’m a size 18/20, does anyone have any recommendations for dresses? And also the best shape wear?? X

Hey everyone! Joining this thread as I’m finally getting married next year! (4 years engaged!). I’m a size 18/20, does anyone have any recommendations for dresses? And also the best shape wear?? X
For shape wear I found M&S fab! I had a bra fitting before my wedding day and she was really good and helped me picked out shape wear too for the day

Whereabouts are you based? I’m a size 16 and had the best experience at a store in Pontypool (South Wales) called The Bridal Lounge. Proper played dress up, tried on lots of different dresses and never felt like my size was an issue. I bought my dress from Wed2b in the end! I didn’t have a bad experience and was seen super quickly on a week day. Just a bit disappointed that I ended up spending £250 on top of the price of my dress