Votes: 5 5.9%

Votes: 33 38.8%

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • already married!

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • don't know yet

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long shot but thought I'd ask here. For my wedding I'm hoping to find a skirt and a top, looking for a white bodycon type skirt, preferably with a little bit of a train and maybe a split (but doesn't have to be) has anyone seen anything like that and which doesn't cost 400 quid and more?

Something similar to the pic but could be lacy, just this kind of shape

1000012019.png

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Long shot but thought I'd ask here. For my wedding I'm hoping to find a skirt and a top, looking for a white bodycon type skirt, preferably with a little bit of a train and maybe a split (but doesn't have to be) has anyone seen anything like that and which doesn't cost 400 quid and more?

View attachment 2504841
no advice just wanted to say i love that!

• Heart

View attachment 2504841
Have you checked out Coast or Monsoon? They have bridal collections that seem to be right up your street, maybe this as a starting point with enough money left in the budget for seamstress to add a slit and make the top a bit more detailed?
https://www.coastfashion.com/produc...-satin-bridal-co-ord-set_bcc05503?colour=ecru

• Heart
Have you checked out Coast or Monsoon? They have bridal collections that seem to be right up your street, maybe this as a starting point with enough money left in the budget for seamstress to add a slit and make the top a bit more detailed?
https://www.coastfashion.com/produc...-satin-bridal-co-ord-set_bcc05503?colour=ecru
Aw brilliant thanks! I'm sure I've checked coast before so not sure how I've not seen this one
Will have to order and try on. Top I think I'm getting on Etsy !

So I'm due to get married in Las Vegas next month, me and my partner wanted it this way as we didn't want a big church do, esp as I don't have the best relationship with my in laws. I told my family of our plans and it didn't go down well at all. They are so angry about it and made their feelings extremely clear.... its upset me so much. All I wanted was for them to be happy for me and understanding. I'm completely heartbroken I haven't got their support/ blessing. It's absolutely breaking me and now all my excitement has gone. Any words of comfort would be welcome xxx🥺🥺🥺🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 4
So I'm due to get married in Las Vegas next month, me and my partner wanted it this way as we didn't want a big church do, espresso as I don't have the best relationship with my in laws. I told my family of our plans and it didn't go down well at all. They are so angry about it and made their feelings extremely clear.... its upset me so much. All I wanted was for them to be happy for me and understanding. I'm completely heartbroken I haven't got their support/ blessing. It's absolutely breaking me and now all my excitement has gone. Any words of comfort would be welcome xxx🥺🥺🥺🥺
duck them. Do what you want to do and enjoy your day xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So I'm due to get married in Las Vegas next month, me and my partner wanted it this way as we didn't want a big church do, esp as I don't have the best relationship with my in laws. I told my family of our plans and it didn't go down well at all. They are so angry about it and made their feelings extremely clear.... its upset me so much. All I wanted was for them to be happy for me and understanding. I'm completely heartbroken I haven't got their support/ blessing. It's absolutely breaking me and now all my excitement has gone. Any words of comfort would be welcome xxx🥺🥺🥺🥺
That’s really selfish of them. It’s YOUR wedding not theirs so you do whatever you want and duck them, they will get over it.

There’s something about weddings that makes people lose sense and start expressing opinions about stuff that’s absolutely none of their business.

• Heart
That’s really selfish of them. It’s YOUR wedding not theirs so you do whatever you want and duck them, they will get over it.

There’s something about weddings that makes people lose sense and start expressing opinions about stuff that’s absolutely none of their business.
I know, I'd never, ever dream of telling anyone how to get married. I can't understand their mentality..... I should have just eloped and not told them. I wish I had now. I only told thems because we are close and I thought they would just be happy for us. How wrong I was.

• Heart
i'm sure they will regret their reaction and support you in the end! you do whatever you want to do, it's your day! ❤

in a few days it will be a year from my wedding and i'm starting a serious weight loss journey... any tips? 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but has anyone found a good shop or website to hire bridesmaids or even occasion dresses from? Thank you.

We've just had our confirmation through and that is our ceremony venue booked and deposit paid for March 2025! It just feels very very very very real now :oops: 😂 🥰

• Heart
Me back with my skirt and top problems. Do you think it would look weird to wear a white crop top with an ivory skirt? It probably would be, but all the skirts I like on me are ivory (despite saying white on the websites ugh) and the top I'm getting only comes in white I think (still checking this) 🙈 honestly I'm close to just wearing white joggers and a t-shirt 🤣

We've just booked our wedding for spring 2024 and I am *so* excited!

Unfortunately my family situation is really complicated and it's causing me such anxiety. Also my mum told my niece she'd be my flower girl despite me asking her not to mention it as I wanted to buy my niece a piece of jewellery and get a card made for her to open, asking her to be our flower girl.

The worst thing was my mum called me on Facetime whilst with my niece and said, "I've told Theodora she's going to be your flower girl!", then when I told her later I'd already asked her not to mention it she started gaslighting me saying she'd only told my niece I was getting married and asked if she'd wear a dress and that it was no big deal, I could still ask her.

Luckily my OH was nearby during the Facetime and heard her say it as I'd have doubted what I'd heard.
When I told her how upset I was she apologised and said she'd "mind her own business from now on". 🙄 We've now not spoken for days!

My mum also showed me a possible wedding outfit on her phone and it was a bright cream wide leg jumpsuit. She looked genuinely surprised when I said, "You can't wear that, it's practically white!". She's being uncharacteristically awful at the moment and it's burning my brain out! 🤯 We usually have a brilliant relationship.

We're having issues with our chosen wedding venue. We viewed it last month (14th October) and completely fell in love, we confirmed the date for our wedding a week after viewing it (23rd October) and we have been waiting for the contract ever since. We were initially told that the contract needed amending and that they'd let us know as soon as it was ready so I gave them a week before asking whether they had an update for us. Again, the coordinator told us they would chase the owners and get back to us ASAP. Ten days passed, no news. I chase again and I'm told that the contract is ready and that I'll receive it the next day (Sunday 12th) as the coordinator wasn't on their laptop at the time. I made the mistake of telling them it could wait until Monday so they could enjoy their Sunday and not worry about work... No contract on Monday or on Tuesday. I sent a quick reminder yesterday morning explaining that we were meeting with a photographer next week and really need the contract so that the venue is official booked and didn't get a reply, it's now Thursday and we still haven't received it. Should I be worried? We absolutely love the venue and we just knew it was perfect for us as soon as we got there, but this is really starting to worry me. I feel like a right twit every time I email because I'm sure they find me super annoying by now, but I really don't think I should have to try so hard to get the contract that makes our booking official. Am I expecting too much? I don't understand why it's taking so long, especially now that I know the contract is ready! Like it's just a bloody email, what's the hold up? Has anyone experienced anything similar?

We're having issues with our chosen wedding venue. We viewed it last month (14th October) and completely fell in love, we confirmed the date for our wedding a week after viewing it (23rd October) and we have been waiting for the contract ever since. We were initially told that the contract needed amending and that they'd let us know as soon as it was ready so I gave them a week before asking whether they had an update for us. Again, the coordinator told us they would chase the owners and get back to us ASAP. Ten days passed, no news. I chase again and I'm told that the contract is ready and that I'll receive it the next day (Sunday 12th) as the coordinator wasn't on their laptop at the time. I made the mistake of telling them it could wait until Monday so they could enjoy their Sunday and not worry about work... No contract on Monday or on Tuesday. I sent a quick reminder yesterday morning explaining that we were meeting with a photographer next week and really need the contract so that the venue is official booked and didn't get a reply, it's now Thursday and we still haven't received it. Should I be worried? We absolutely love the venue and we just knew it was perfect for us as soon as we got there, but this is really starting to worry me. I feel like a right twit every time I email because I'm sure they find me super annoying by now, but I really don't think I should have to try so hard to get the contract that makes our booking official. Am I expecting too much? I don't understand why it's taking so long, especially now that I know the contract is ready! Like it's just a bloody email, what's the hold up? Has anyone experienced anything similar?
I got my contract within and hour of confirming, and every email we've sent i always got a response the same business day. I would find a new venue tbh. Imagine if they are this unresponsive once you've paid 1000s of pounds and cannot change, weddings are stressful enough without having unresponsive vendors. Not only you but your other vendors will need to be in contacting the venue and if they treat then the same it may cause wider issue for your wedding

You're paying for a service and it's not too much to expect a response

Reactions: 4
I got my contract within and hour of confirming, and every email we've sent i always got a response the same business day. I would find a new venue tbh. Imagine if they are this unresponsive once you've paid 1000s of pounds and cannot change, weddings are stressful enough without having unresponsive vendors. Not only you but your other vendors will need to be in contacting the venue and if they treat then the same it may cause wider issue for your wedding

You're paying for a service and it's not too much to expect a response
That's what I was worried people would say, because deep down I completely agree 😭 The first time I chased, I said that we'd really like to get it all official and in writing so we can book other suppliers and she said that she had secured our date in her diary. Sorry but surely you understand this isn't quite good enough?! I'm not going to start paying deposits to other suppliers because someone has written our names in their diary...

She's always been really quick to reply, it's only yesterday's email she didn't reply to, but that doesn't excuse the fact that she still hasn't sent the contract over.

Would you say it's out of order to message a few brides who have had their weddings there/have public Ig profiles to ask what their experience with the venue was?

That's what I was worried people would say, because deep down I completely agree 😭 The first time I chased, I said that we'd really like to get it all official and in writing so we can book other suppliers and she said that she had secured our date in her diary. Sorry but surely you understand this isn't quite good enough?! I'm not going to start paying deposits to other suppliers because someone has written our names in their diary...

She's always been really quick to reply, it's only yesterday's email she didn't reply to, but that doesn't excuse the fact that she still hasn't sent the contract over.

Would you say it's out of order to message a few brides who have had their weddings there/have public Ig profiles to ask what their experience with the venue was?
Can't hurt to ask, at worst they wont respond, but at best u can get a warning. Have u checked out reviews on bridebook?

Can't hurt to ask, at worst they wont respond, but at best u can get a warning. Have u checked out reviews on bridebook?
Well there's the catch, it's new venue that only started trading this year so there's nothing on Bridebook or Hitched or anything like that 😬 Red flag after red flag, I know 😂

We've just booked our wedding for spring 2024 and I am *so* excited!

Unfortunately my family situation is really complicated and it's causing me such anxiety. Also my mum told my niece she'd be my flower girl despite me asking her not to mention it as I wanted to buy my niece a piece of jewellery and get a card made for her to open, asking her to be our flower girl.

The worst thing was my mum called me on Facetime whilst with my niece and said, "I've told Theodora she's going to be your flower girl!", then when I told her later I'd already asked her not to mention it she started gaslighting me saying she'd only told my niece I was getting married and asked if she'd wear a dress and that it was no big deal, I could still ask her.

Luckily my OH was nearby during the Facetime and heard her say it as I'd have doubted what I'd heard.
When I told her how upset I was she apologised and said she'd "mind her own business from now on". 🙄 We've now not spoken for days!

My mum also showed me a possible wedding outfit on her phone and it was a bright cream wide leg jumpsuit. She looked genuinely surprised when I said, "You can't wear that, it's practically white!". She's being uncharacteristically awful at the moment and it's burning my brain out! 🤯 We usually have a brilliant relationship.
My mum got weird during the early planning stage too - I had a chat with her and I think it’s because I’m the only girl and her own wedding was full of issues she got a little over excited.
Just have a word and explain that you’re really excited to have her help and you’d love to find her outfit with her and reassure her. Sometimes they can’t help themselves, my mum sent me a white dress too 💀🤣

• Haha