Wedding Planning #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone reccomened any reasonably priced white hen do outfits or where to look? I've had my hen do but it was a chilled hot tub weekend so didn't dress up but I'm going out again locally for a lunch/drinks so nothing too dressy but would still like to dress up a bit. I saw a beautiful white asos top with sheer ( if thats how you spell it 😆)arms with flowers on and white wide leg trousers but the top was £65 which is way too pricy for me so possibly thinking along those lines but not seen anything similar, open to other options though
Depop could be a good option, often once worn hen type outfits going for significantly less than the original price

Reactions: 2
So on the dress note... I've absolutely fallen in love with Rosa Clara designs but they're so dear.

Is it a horrible experience walking away from a lovely dress you can't afford?
Should I try them on and scratch the itch? I might hate them but at least I'd know.

I can't find anything with similar vibes so recommendations also appreciated.
Rosa Clara do both a 'couture' line and a non-couture line that is slightly cheaper I think. You could always look for a stockist of the less expensive range?

So on the dress note... I've absolutely fallen in love with Rosa Clara designs but they're so dear.

Is it a horrible experience walking away from a lovely dress you can't afford?
Should I try them on and scratch the itch? I might hate them but at least I'd know.

I can't find anything with similar vibes so recommendations also appreciated.
I fell in love with a Rosa Clara older design. I found a new sample dress being sold online for a fraction of the price, by a woman who was closing her bridal boutique business.

If you really love it, look on reselling sites. You might be surprised.

It was pretty much brand new. It had a tiny hole on the lower skirt, but that was taken and rehemmed anyway. It still had the label on.

Reactions: 1
Dress dilemmas continue... I ordered a Monsoon dress and it's lovely. I also went to a shop and had the trying on experience and found a very Rosa Clara like dress plus 1 other lovely dress.

I haven't a clue which one to go for and what one I would prefer in a year's time.
---

Is Jjs house an American site? Just about to place an order (mainland uk) and it was £25 shipping 😨 is that right? Or is there a UK site too?

Is Jjs house an American site? Just about to place an order (mainland uk) and it was £25 shipping 😨 is that right? Or is there a UK site too?
Chinese, I wouldn't buy from them personally. I've seen quite a few things I liked but considering they're not uk based getting a refund would be impossible and I'm tryna keep wedding costs to minimum

Chinese, I wouldn't buy from them personally. I've seen quite a few things I liked but considering they're not uk based getting a refund would be impossible and I'm tryna keep wedding costs to minimum
Oh really? I've heard nothing but good reviews not just from the site. It was only for some accessories etc and I'm on a tight deadline and budget 😬 I'll have to see then....

Oh really? I've heard nothing but good reviews not just from the site. It was only for some accessories etc and I'm on a tight deadline and budget 😬 I'll have to see then....
I think it will be hit and miss but I've heard good things and seen people get dresses there that looked nice. As long as you're happy not having the option to return, though not sure if it's the same with accessories

If it’s accessories could you google reverse image search the pic from JJs house and see if anywhere else sells them?? Or search the image in Ali Express / Wish? Still be coming from China but the shipping shouldn’t be as ridiculous!

• Heart
Are we the only ones dealing with guests getting in touch mere weeks before the wedding to ask can they bring their partner as a plus one who they've been with for less than a month?

Go away! 🤣

• Haha
Are we the only ones dealing with guests getting in touch mere weeks before the wedding to ask can they bring their partner as a plus one who they've been with for less than a month?

Go away! 🤣
I just don't get people!

Our website isn't until next summer and I've already created a Q&A for our wedding website to say that the invites were for named guests only and that our guests weren't allowed to invite anyone/that we wouldn't be giving extra plus ones... I didn't think we'd need to, but one of my fiancé's uni friends keeps asking if he'll get a +1.
For context: He recently broke up from his long-term partner (after 10+ years together) and is constantly on the apps, dating someone new every like 6 weeks, every time claiming that he's finally found the one… All of that isn't even relevant really, because
For even more context: We actually didn't give +1 to my fiancé's uni mates. I know it can be seen as controversial, but inviting their partners would mean an extra 15 guests which we can't really afford. Besides two guys in that group recently got married and didn't invite partners either so we feel a bit more comfortable not inviting them.

While on the topic of not getting people, is receiving unsollicited opinions normal? I've never given my opinion on someone else's wedding, except maybe after the event, to say we had a great time and thank you for having us. Yet my FMIL and SIL are both very quick to share their opinions on what they don't like about wedding. Sorry, who asked you?

I just don't get people!

Our website isn't until next summer and I've already created a Q&A for our wedding website to say that the invites were for named guests only and that our guests weren't allowed to invite anyone/that we wouldn't be giving extra plus ones... I didn't think we'd need to, but one of my fiancé's uni friends keeps asking if he'll get a +1.
For context: He recently broke up from his long-term partner (after 10+ years together) and is constantly on the apps, dating someone new every like 6 weeks, every time claiming that he's finally found the one… All of that isn't even relevant really, because
For even more context: We actually didn't give +1 to my fiancé's uni mates. I know it can be seen as controversial, but inviting their partners would mean an extra 15 guests which we can't really afford. Besides two guys in that group recently got married and didn't invite partners either so we feel a bit more comfortable not inviting them.

While on the topic of not getting people, is receiving unsollicited opinions normal? I've never given my opinion on someone else's wedding, except maybe after the event, to say we had a great time and thank you for having us. Yet my FMIL and SIL are both very quick to share their opinions on what they don't like about wedding. Sorry, who asked you?
I think it's common for people to give an opinion. Not that it's right but it just happens a lot. Which is why it's best to do what you want with your wedding and what you can afford, because you can never please everyone, there's always gonna be someone unhappy with your choice. The only exception I'd say is if the parents for example are paying for all or majority of the wedding, in which case it makes sense to me that they would have a say.

In terms of plus ones it's always a hard one cause not everyone wants random people at their wedding and the associated cost. I know people who say at their wedding no one will have plus one unless they know each other well and have some kind of relationship with that person, but wouldn't invite eg their friends husband or wife if they are not friends with them too. Which makes sense to me but on the other hand, I probably wouldn't go to someone's wedding if I can't take my partner, unless I know lots of people there 😅

I think it's common for people to give an opinion. Not that it's right but it just happens a lot. Which is why it's best to do what you want with your wedding and what you can afford, because you can never please everyone, there's always gonna be someone unhappy with your choice. The only exception I'd say is if the parents for example are paying for all or majority of the wedding, in which case it makes sense to me that they would have a say.

In terms of plus ones it's always a hard one cause not everyone wants random people at their wedding and the associated cost. I know people who say at their wedding no one will have plus one unless they know each other well and have some kind of relationship with that person, but wouldn't invite eg their friends husband or wife if they are not friends with them too. Which makes sense to me but on the other hand, I probably wouldn't go to someone's wedding if I can't take my partner, unless I know lots of people there 😅
I don't know, it's so odd to me because the thought of telling the couple what I think of their wedding or of a certain aspect of their wedding just wouldn't cross my mind! I thought it was just an unspoken rule that it's the couple's wedding and they should do whatever. Unless it's like one of the horror stories you hear about on TikTok or Reddit but even then, I think I'd just talk to my partner about it and not say anything to the couple! I had heard the whole "people will have something to say whatever you do so you just do what you and your fiancé(e) want" and I always thought "who are these people that voice their opinion?". Now I know, it's the in-laws who aren't paying for the wedding and shouldn't have a say anyway 😅

For +1, I completely agree! We have lots of different groups of friends and our approach was to give everyone a +1, unless they were close actual friends with like 10+ people. So for smaller groups, we invited the friends we wanted there and their partners, even those we'd never met. We even gave a "and guest" invite to one friend as she's single but doesn't belong to any friendship groups... We told her she could bring anyone who'd make the day more enjoyable, be it a friend, a date, a sibling… I definitely wouldn't want to go to a wedding on my own so I completely get it. My annoyance with this one friend asking for a +1 is that these guys literally only hang out "with the lads" (lads weekend, going to the football/rugby/cricket with the boys, etc), have been to two weddings that I can think of in recent years where they all rented an airbnb together and turned it into a "lads weekend", yet he keeps asking for a +1 😩

I think it will be hit and miss but I've heard good things and seen people get dresses there that looked nice. As long as you're happy not having the option to return, though not sure if it's the same with accessories

Ive ordered my bridesmaid dresses from here, you can order try on dresses £10 each to try the style and sizing out. You can then place your order and know the size you need. The only time u can’t return with JJ’s House is if you order a custom size dress. Ive returned 2 of my bridesmaids dresses to them as 2 of my bridesmaids are now pregnant and u just have 10% deducted which is annoying but it was a free return.

Hope that helps xx

• Heart
I just don't get people!

I am in a similar situation as you. We sent out save the dates as we have family coming from overseas and I sent one to a really good friend of mine who had a long-term partner at the time of the save the date being sent out. Since then they have broken up and he messaged me a few days ago basically telling me he had someone new to take to the wedding - he didn't ask but has just assumed that because his ex was invited, this new girl would be too. its all a bit awkward. we aren't getting married until March so who knows what can happen between now and then but he will know so many people at the wedding anyway already, we really don't want a lot of extras at our wedding that we don't know.

Go away! 🤣
nope! Had FH brother ask to bring his mate to the wedding. He offered to pay I might be a bad bride but I still said no. I don’t want a random there and his whole family is there which he hasn’t seen in 2 years so it’s not like he is alone for the day and plenty of people will make a fuss of him.

i get married in June and I’m at what I’d call a “crunch point” at the moment. The last few weeks have been really tough with demands to invite people, people not invited getting upset and taking it on my parents, fairly distant family members asking if they can get their hair and make up done with me and the bridal party in the morning, others being casual about RSVPs and owing money for hotel rooms etc. maybe I’m being dramatic and I get people have got their own lives going on but I’ve found it hard not to be a little sensitive about things recently!

Reactions: 3
nope! Had FH brother ask to bring his mate to the wedding. He offered to pay I might be a bad bride but I still said no. I don’t want a random there and his whole family is there which he hasn’t seen in 2 years so it’s not like he is alone for the day and plenty of people will make a fuss of him.

i get married in June and I’m at what I’d call a “crunch point” at the moment. The last few weeks have been really tough with demands to invite people, people not invited getting upset and taking it on my parents, fairly distant family members asking if they can get their hair and make up done with me and the bridal party in the morning, others being casual about RSVPs and owing money for hotel rooms etc. maybe I’m being dramatic and I get people have got their own lives going on but I’ve found it hard not to be a little sensitive about things recently!
Sorry, what? 😂 If anyone asks me this I will literally tell them to piss off. it baffles me that there are people out there who would think that is an ok thing to do lol.

Reactions: 3
I am in a similar situation as you. We sent out save the dates as we have family coming from overseas and I sent one to a really good friend of mine who had a long-term partner at the time of the save the date being sent out. Since then they have broken up and he messaged me a few days ago basically telling me he had someone new to take to the wedding - he didn't ask but has just assumed that because his ex was invited, this new girl would be too. its all a bit awkward. we aren't getting married until March so who knows what can happen between now and then but he will know so many people at the wedding anyway already, we really don't want a lot of extras at our wedding that we don't know.
So cheeky! I would say oh sorry we have filled the space since you split up, but new girl is welcome to the night do.

I’m very much a people pleaser but I’ve been a bit harsher than usual in terms of not inviting people that I just dont want there, had a couple of awkward convos but if people want to be upset about it that is their business not mine 🤣

• Heart