Wedding Planning #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i found my dress on monday - it was not what i expected to choose at all but i'm quite happy about it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So cheeky! I would say oh sorry we have filled the space since you split up, but new girl is welcome to the night do.

I’m very much a people pleaser but I’ve been a bit harsher than usual in terms of not inviting people that I just dont want there, had a couple of awkward convos but if people want to be upset about it that is their business not mine 🤣
That's a good thing to say actually, I will keep that in mind for closer to the time when the proper invites go out :)

I'm a people pleaser too and a bit of a pushover so never really know what to do for the best but at the end of the day its YOUR day :)
I just hate the idea of lots of random people there, and my partners of the same mindset too that we only want people we actually know or want there.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry to gatecrash this thread as I’m not getting married! I’m just looking for some advice - my manager has invited me to her wedding in 2 month’s time and I really don’t know what to do.

We’ve worked together for a year and have only met once in person (we work remotely) so I think someone might have dropped out. She’s the loveliest person and I’m humbled that she’s invited me, but I feel awkward as I won’t know many people there and I’ve not budgeted for the cost of attending a wedding - travel, hotel, dress, gift, etc.

I don’t want to hurt her feelings if I decline the invite and I’m worried it’ll affect our work relationship, it’s just very unexpected!

As brides-to-be, how would you feel about a colleague declining an invite to your wedding? Is there ‘etiquette’ around doing this?

I’ve never declined a wedding invite before.. maybe I should just attend and put everything on a credit card? Please help 😭

Sorry to gatecrash this thread as I’m not getting married! I’m just looking for some advice - my manager has invited me to her wedding in 2 month’s time and I really don’t know what to do.

We’ve worked together for a year and have only met once in person (we work remotely) so I think someone might have dropped out. She’s the loveliest person and I’m humbled that she’s invited me, but I feel awkward as I won’t know many people there and I’ve not budgeted for the cost of attending a wedding - travel, hotel, dress, gift, etc.

I don’t want to hurt her feelings if I decline the invite and I’m worried it’ll affect our work relationship, it’s just very unexpected!

As brides-to-be, how would you feel about a colleague declining an invite to your wedding? Is there ‘etiquette’ around doing this?

I’ve never declined a wedding invite before.. maybe I should just attend and put everything on a credit card? Please help 😭
Can you not say you already have something on?😅

I'd like to think I'd understand if someone declined, especially since it's rather short notice. You could get her a little card and a small gift instead say sorry couldn't attend but congrats?

Reactions: 6
Can you not say you already have something on?😅

I'd like to think I'd understand if someone declined, especially since it's rather short notice. You could get her a little card and a small gift instead say sorry couldn't attend but congrats?
That was my first thought too, but I’m terrible at lying and I’ll probably forget what lie I told by the time the wedding comes around haha! Maybe I should arrange something that weekend so at least I’m technically telling the truth 😅

That’s a great idea, I’ll definitely get her a card and a gift! We work remotely so I’ll need to send it in the post and I don’t know her address, but I’ll try and find out somehow.

Thank you, that’s made me feel a lot better about it!

Reactions: 2
We're getting married in October and I'm concerned I'll be a bit cold in my dress, has anyone else thought of coverups in case they get chilly? I just don't want to hide my dress too much in photos etc.!

We're getting married in October and I'm concerned I'll be a bit cold in my dress, has anyone else thought of coverups in case they get chilly? I just don't want to hide my dress too much in photos etc.!
My friend got married last January and we had something like this:

5A78B839-4FAB-4939-AE88-2B3081F0BCD5.jpeg

The bridesmaids wore them down the aisle but my friend chucked hers at the last second so it wasn’t covering her dress and then she had some photos with it on and some without. For the reception inside it was warm so no one kept them on then. To be honest they didn’t do much to keep me warm outside anyway but it was the only thing my friend could think of to try and keep us a bit warm bless her 😂

Reactions: 1
I got married in October - late October and I wasn’t cold at all! I think the adrenaline is just rushing through you! 😂

• Heart
I got married in October - late October and I wasn’t cold at all! I think the adrenaline is just rushing through you! 😂
Oh this is good to know! October can be surprisingly warm sometimes so fingers crossed! The furry shrug isn’t really my style but is the only warm cover up I’ve really seen at weddings.

Oh this is good to know! October can be surprisingly warm sometimes so fingers crossed! The furry shrug isn’t really my style but is the only warm cover up I’ve really seen at weddings.
What about getting a jacket that’s more your style rather than look for a “bridal” something? Like a denim or leather jacket, maybe with your married name or wedding date in the back maybe

Depending on your vibe a leather or denim jacket could be cool! I've seen both embroidered too to make them more special (again, if that fits with your vibe)
---
What about getting a jacket that’s more your style rather than look for a “bridal” something? Like a denim or leather jacket, maybe with your married name or wedding date in the back maybe
Hahah great minds!

• Heart
i am also getting married late october and i decided that so i'm not hot and sweaty! i welcome the cold 😅

Thank you for the suggestions ladies! We’re going for autumnal vibes so I think something like a dark red suede biker jacket could look really cool!

• Heart
Anyone else obsessed with watching people's wedding entrances on tik tok or just me? 🤣
I get so emotional at random strangers when I hear the music , just watched one and it was the back of the groom then he turned round realised it was someone I went to school with , we used to flirt alot even as adults in the pub but nothing ever came of it but I felt weird getting emotional when I realised who it was haha