Wedding planning #2 sponsored by our opinionated MILs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've decided to "elope" to New york( not a proper elopement as there are about 4 or 5 guests possibley coming) 😬

It's all happening really fast as we have been back and forth about a big or small wedding for ages so just bit the bullet and gone with it.

I've managed to get an appointment at a bridal shop for a couple of weeks time but now feeling overwhelmed and not sure what dress I want and worried I am going to hate the way I look in any I try on , anyone else have this worry rather than excitement for trying on dresses? It's a bit surreal that it Will actually be me picking a dress

Reactions: 5
We've decided to "elope" to New york( not a proper elopement as there are about 4 or 5 guests possibley coming) 😬

It's all happening really fast as we have been back and forth about a big or small wedding for ages so just bit the bullet and gone with it.

I've managed to get an appointment at a bridal shop for a couple of weeks time but now feeling overwhelmed and not sure what dress I want and worried I am going to hate the way I look in any I try on , anyone else have this worry rather than excitement for trying on dresses? It's a bit surreal that it Will actually be me picking a dress
This overwhelmed my need to go trying on, honestly! However a friend owns a bridal shop, they’re pretty good at looking at your shape and guessing what will suit you, but maybe flick through Pinterest and see if anything grabs your attention- like do you want sparkles or satin, clean lines, lace etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
What are you guys having for entertainment? 🙂 my mother in law booked a harpist for our ceremony, and then we’re having a DJ for the reception! 🥰

What are you guys having for entertainment? 🙂 my mother in law booked a harpist for our ceremony, and then we’re having a DJ for the reception! 🥰
We had a male voice choir for the reception (church wedding) and a singing waiter for the reception which was a big hit! Then DJ for the evening

I’m literally just having a dj😂 I’ll just let people entertain themselves with talking and dancing etc 😂 im a cheapskate 😄

Reactions: 3
We have a string quartet for ceremony and have them continuing and a magician for drinks reception, Then we’ve a band for after dinner then a DJ into the wee hours. ❤
I’m getting so excited now: it’s funny I’ve been stressed and anxious for about 18 months and now it’s round the corner I’m so calm.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm just having a Spotify playlist!

Is anyone else finding that suppliers are just not getting back to them? Had a really lovely indepth chat with a florist, sent some ideas over and zero. Chased once, and nothing not even an acknowledgement. Have also emailed dressmakers and cake makers, same issue. I'm trying to say it's because it's still wedding season, however I am feeling a wee bit frustrated 😠

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Back from our minimoon! Not going to lie, the stress in the final weeks leading up to the wedding was unbearable at times, but we got there in the end! I think the most important thing I learned was how crucial it is to surround yourselves with the right people - not relying on family and friends (who can make things worse!) but your professionals/vendors. In the run up, my seamstress was instrumental in making me feel confident in my dress, then our car driver, reception venue staff and photographer literally made our wedding day for us, we couldn’t have asked for more from them and all of the stress has been forgotten now. My husband and I stayed with each other the night before and woke up feeling so calm and relaxed, I teared up a little during one part of my dad’s speech but other than that, nothing! Just felt so ready and excited to get married after a long wait!
Sharing a pic (trying to be semi anonymous 😊). Thank you for all your support and advice over the past few months! Hoping I can pass it forward as I’m much more informed now after going through it all 😆

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This overwhelmed my need to go trying on, honestly! However a friend owns a bridal shop, they’re pretty good at looking at your shape and guessing what will suit you, but maybe flick through Pinterest and see if anything grabs your attention- like do you want sparkles or satin, clean lines, lace etc.
Thank you!! Pinterest is a good idea

Back from our minimoon! Not going to lie, the stress in the final weeks leading up to the wedding was unbearable at times, but we got there in the end! I think the most important thing I learned was how crucial it is to surround yourselves with the right people - not relying on family and friends (who can make things worse!) but your professionals/vendors. In the run up, my seamstress was instrumental in making me feel confident in my dress, then our car driver, reception venue staff and photographer literally made our wedding day for us, we couldn’t have asked for more from them and all of the stress has been forgotten now. My husband and I stayed with each other the night before and woke up feeling so calm and relaxed, I teared up a little during one part of my dad’s speech but other than that, nothing! Just felt so ready and excited to get married after a long wait!
Sharing a pic (trying to be semi anonymous 😊). Thank you for all your support and advice over the past few months! Hoping I can pass it forward as I’m much more informed now after going through it all 😆
Looks amazing 😍. OT but, I always pictured you as a blonde 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Anyone have any recommendations on where to print invites? :)
Do you mean invite companies or where to print them yourself?

i designed my invites with a company called Cartalia…they were amazing and took care of all the small details 🙂 they printed them, assembled and shipped to me x

Guys I’m after a bit of advice… I don’t get on with my mum and she’s not coming to my wedding. But I’ve a 14 year old brother. My wedding is kid free but he was always invited until my mum decided she didn’t want to go.

The wedding is in a different country to the one my mum and brother live in

I was thinking of asking another family member to bring my brother but I don’t want to cause a fuss , my brother doesn’t know much of my family and has never flown either.

i am not sure whether it’s best to leave it and potentially have him think that I didn’t want him there or to invite him and risk him having friction with my mum if she says he can’t go without her, or him coming and being extremely bored or uncomfortable as he doesn’t really know much of our family where he lives in a different place.

below is the last message with my mum which was months ago, black is my fiancé as she messaged him asking for the money she’d sent back rather than tell me. 🙃

3E726155-14E1-439C-9026-17A62F5D2041.jpeg

Do you mean invite companies or where to print them yourself?

i designed my invites with a company called Cartalia…they were amazing and took care of all the small details 🙂 they printed them, assembled and shipped to me x
I’ve made the invites, just need them printed all nicely now!

They sound good, I’ll have a look!

I’ve made the invites, just need them printed all nicely now!

They sound good, I’ll have a look!
Any local print shops will be able to print them for you if you have them in a PDF format saved 🙂 save them on your laptop and go down to a printing shop. The good ones will let you choose pretty types of paper too. I bought templates from Etsy for my menu, I edited them and saved the pdf. My local print shop printed them on thick textured card paper 🙂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.