Wedding planning #2 sponsored by our opinionated MILs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone wrote their guest list and thought ahhh I don’t have nearly as many guests as I first anticipated 🤣🤣 at first I felt bad about it because I don’t want the venue to be empty. But now I realise this is good because 1) cheaper 2) fewer people to make nonsense small talk with on the day!
I had that problem with evening guests. I only ended up having about 4 extra people in the evening because I either like you enough to invite to the day or I don’t want you coming at all 🙃🙃🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Anyone wrote their guest list and thought ahhh I don’t have nearly as many guests as I first anticipated 🤣🤣 at first I felt bad about it because I don’t want the venue to be empty. But now I realise this is good because 1) cheaper 2) fewer people to make nonsense small talk with on the day!
I was the same, just 33 plus us in the day & 80 at night. It’s going to be nice and small, just what we wanted and what suits us.

I’ve had so many people (mainly at my partner’s work) pull their face when they find out our numbers and then they’ve told us about how they had 80 day and 300 night as if it’s bragging rights!

we want the people we care about there, not every man & his dog!

Reactions: 4
Right this has been bugging me and I feel like I can't discuss this with people that know me personally.

So I feel like there's something wrong with how I'm feeling.

I'm just not particularly excited. I see so many people talking about how they're so excited, they can't wait, the day can't come quick enough to marry their best friend.

People keep saying to me I must be so excited now with less than a year to go and I must be counting down the hours. And I'm standing there thinking 'I guess so?'. People seem more excited for me than I am for myself. Just feels like I'm going through the motions.

I want to get married, it's not that, I was just expecting to feel more than I do. I had always envisioned this being such an exciting time in my life and I'd feel on cloud 9 for most of it but I guess it just feels more like a dinner party than a wedding.

I don't know if it will start to feel more exciting nearer the time or what.

Am I normal? Is something not right?

Reactions: 5
Right this has been bugging me and I feel like I can't discuss this with people that know me personally.

I'm just not particularly excited. I see so many people talking about how they're so excited, they can't wait, the day can't come quick enough to marry their best friend.

People keep saying to me I must be so excited now with less than a year to go and I must be counting down the hours. And I'm standing there thinking 'I guess so?'. People seem more excited for me than I am for myself. Just feels like I'm going through the motions.

I want to get married, it's not that, I was just expecting to feel more than I do. I had always envisioned this being such an exciting time in my life and I'd feel on cloud 9 for most of it but I guess it just feels more like a dinner party than a wedding.

I am excited to be married to my best friend,
I can’t wait for us to be married, for him to be my husband, for us to have the same last name and for us to start this new adventure.

however, as time has gone I think I’ve got more fearful of the wedding day, rather than excited for it. I’m a shy person and I’m scared of something embarrassing happening with everyone watching. I want to relax and be excited, but I can’t be.

also as time has gone on and the costs have gone up and up, I’ve felt more guilty about it all…

i think it’s just like mixed emotions really. I’m sure when the day comes I will enjoy it and so will you ☺

Reactions: 2

I mean first off it depends if you’re not excited about the person your marrying, but if it’s still a year away then I wouldn’t be excited either? I don’t tend to show any enthusiasm for anything until right near the time, so if you’re weird then I’m weird too. We’ve also been together for 6 years and have a child so it’s really for us a celebration of our lives together rather than a “step” so maybe you’re in the same boat?

I was the same, just 33 plus us in the day & 80 at night. It’s going to be nice and small, just what we wanted and what suits us.

I’ve had so many people (mainly at my partner’s work) pull their face when they find out our numbers and then they’ve told us about how they had 80 day and 300 night as if it’s bragging rights!

we want the people we care about there, not every man & his dog!
This makes me happy!! Glad it’s not just me 😆. I hope that my venue doesn’t look empty with less than 40 people

This makes me happy!! Glad it’s not just me 😆. I hope that my venue doesn’t look empty with less than 40 people
Me too!! Annoying thing about my venue is they leave all the seats out regardless of how many people you have 🙄

Yeah I was thinking this. Because I have to pay for seat covers, they will only put out the number of seats that I need! Mine is a small room though, so I’m hoping all will be okay!

Also, had to pay for my alterations yesterday on my dress. It was £80! This was for shortening the dress (I’m 5”3 with my shoes so there was a lot to go!), adding bra cups, adding a loop and button for putting up the train & shortening the straps!

Reactions: 2
Any ideas on gifts for bridesmaids (all under 11) and a 6 year old page boy. Not something crazy and extravagant, just something to say thankyou for being part of our day. It's the first time that any of them have been involved in a wedding 💕

We already have a little craft and activity pack planned for all the children at the wedding occupied (bubbles, crayons, few sweets etc)

Any ideas on gifts for bridesmaids (all under 11) and a 6 year old page boy. Not something crazy and extravagant, just something to say thankyou for being part of our day. It's the first time that any of them have been involved in a wedding 💕

We already have a little craft and activity pack planned for all the children at the wedding occupied (bubbles, crayons, few sweets etc)
My flower girl was almost 4 I have her a little flower girl necklace I found on Etsy!

Had my first fitting yesterday and honestly my dress is wow. Absolute showstopper. I've not seen anything like it. It's nothing crazy but I've just not seen anybody wear anything similar. I'm so glad I still love it but now I'm worried my fiancé won't like it!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Aw thank you for asking. It was fabulous, so relaxed and intimate and I felt wonderful in my dress. We had a wonderful lunch with so much laughter and the rain stayed away each time we went outside, the luck was on our side that day!
Congratulations!

Had my first fitting yesterday and honestly my dress is wow. Absolute showstopper. I've not seen anything like it. It's nothing crazy but I've just not seen anybody wear anything similar. I'm so glad I still love it but now I'm worried my fiancé won't like it!
Why would he not like it? If my fiancé didn’t like my dress we would be divorced before the wedding was even over! My fiancé does not get an opinion on what I wear!😂😂

Why would he not like it? If my fiancé didn’t like my dress we would be divorced before the wedding was even over! My fiancé does not get an opinion on what I wear!😂😂
Oh yeah, he doesn't get an opinion, I just worry he'll think 'oh, I do NOT like that dress!'. I just want him to be wow'd, y'know?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.