Wedding planning #2 sponsored by our opinionated MILs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Beginning to think this is a more sensible decision! I wanted to do a weekend in Manchester but the costs are maaaad
Yeah everywhere is just crazy prices at the minute! No way can I justify paying that and expecting people coming to pay it either! I’m only having a small one anyway, just myself, my mum, probably MIL (if she will come), SIL to be and my best mate.

Reactions: 2
Low key for me too, spa day and dinner/drinks in my home city. We’re already asking people to travel to the wedding so couldn’t ask people to pay out for a major hen weekend as well. I wouldn’t want one either tbh so this is a good excuse!

I’m also doing a spa day locally then a long weekend in Portugal with my family/close friends. The children are coming too so won’t be anything crazy! We have a villa out there so it’s just flights for those coming

Reactions: 1
I'm so nervous because I'm organising it for my best friend and it's next week already, and one of the girls in the group had some very nasty comments about the budget and it really made me doubt every single thing. We're going away for two nights but it's one hour from home so that girl is just joining us during the day for wine tasting and a dinner so she'll spent maybe 60 € all together. And she's a lawyer and does stuff like that on the regular, she just has a problem with spending money on anyone other than herself. I was so nervous for it all that I couldn't sleep at all last night lol, but then other girls backed me up and told me it's all fine so I'm okay now. Hope we'll have a great time.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
The reason I'm not allowed to organise my hen this time is because I was top busy people pleasing for my last hen do.
Ended up changing all the plans because one of my bridesmaids then said she couldn't afford it (and said other people said this too) bare in mine I gave people 10 months notice and we all worked full time.
My hen party went from 2 night in Manchester with a glitter make over party, roller disco, meal and then cocktail class with 2 course meal, dreamboys, karaoke and table with drink at a club (coming to a total including trains and hotel of around 250)

To one night with a cocktail class with party nibbles that barely fed us all, dreams boys and karaoke, bringing it down to about £100

And then said bridesmaid didn't even come
And turns out she lied about everyone saying they couldn't afford it

So this time around my friends are organising and just saying politely but bluntly to people, if they can't afford it, don't come.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
We got our wedding photos back today, I honestly am so happy with them I could cry. I’m not a fan of having my photo taken and I was so so nervous about having a photographer…. I barely noticed he was there, but have spent the last month worrying that they be awful or I’ll hate them. I’m so relieved!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Anyone on here working with a wedding planner? If so, how are you finding it?

I postponed from last year due to covid, so at the time I was so grateful and relieved that they were taking care of absolutely everything, so no complaints there. Now I’m less than 6 months out, I feel like the process has been so hands off it’s starting to unnerve me a bit..?

I always said I couldn’t care less about the minutiae of wedding planning like chair covers and stuff, but I’m scared of feeling like I’ll just turn up on the day and my wedding will just happen to me. Does that make sense? Obviously we’ve chosen outfits, guests, rings, music and location (from a shortlist), which feel like the most important things. You just read about other weddings and it seems like every flower/colour/ribbon/piece of stationery has a direct important meaning to the B&G, and we don’t really have that (but also wouldn’t want to spend time worrying about these things 😂🤦🏻‍♀️). I can’t work out if this matters or not..

I also feel like the planners present one image of themselves on their socials and in reality I feel a bit forgotten about and not prioritised. For example they are so flaky and have rescheduled meetings with us on so many occasions. I understand that illness/emergencies can crop up, but, almost every time? I know they are juggling lots of couples but everyone wants to feel special when planning their big day, right?

Sorry don’t feel like i could discuss this with guests and just wanted to get it off my chest 😅 Would love to hear any thoughts.

Last edited:
Anyone on here working with a wedding planner? If so, how are you finding it?

I postponed from last year due to covid, so at the time I was so grateful and relieved that they were taking care of absolutely everything, so no complaints there. Now I’m less than 6 months out, I feel like the process has been so hands off it’s starting to unnerve me a bit..?

I always said I couldn’t care less about the minutiae of wedding planning like chair covers and stuff, but I’m scared of feeling like I’ll just turn up on the day and my wedding will just happen to me. Does that make sense? Obviously we’ve chosen outfits, guests, rings, music and location (from a shortlist), which feel like the most important things. You just read about other weddings and it seems like every flower/colour/ribbon/piece of stationery has a direct important meaning to the B&G, and we don’t really have that (but also wouldn’t want to spend time worrying about these things 😂🤦🏻‍♀️). I can’t work out if this matters or not..

I also feel like the planners present one image of themselves on their socials and in reality I feel a bit forgotten about and not prioritised. For example they are so flaky and have rescheduled meetings with us on so many occasions. I understand that illness/emergencies can crop up, but, almost every time? I know they are juggling lots of couples but everyone wants to feel special when planning their big day, right?

Sorry don’t feel like i could discuss this with guests and just wanted to get it off my chest 😅 Would love to hear any thoughts.
We didn’t use a wedding planner but planned it all remotely, so I did everything via email/phone. I gave my suppliers “ideas” ie I want white flowers, I want the table stuff to match my flowers, but no details.
I felt the same about the suppliers but it was 8 odd different companies not getting back to me, being flakey etc, our decor lady took a week minimum to respond to anything

different but similar situation, but everything turned out amazingly. I think because I didn’t have any definite “I must have this exactly like that” I knew they’d do a better job of things than me anyway

on the day, it was all perfect, everything came together far better than I could ever have done myself!

different but similar situation, but everything turned out amazingly. I think because I didn’t have any definite “I must have this exactly like that” I knew they’d do a better job of things than me anyway

on the day, it was all perfect, everything came together far better than I could ever have done myself!
This made me feel so much better, thank you ❤ I think you’re definitely right! There’s less potential for disappointment on the day for sure. I also spoke things through with my other half last night and we have a plan of action for going forward and speaking up more ☺

I’m walking down the aisle to what was my nans favourite song. My partner has said he’d like his nans favourite song to be included somewhere important. Great! Except it’s Bohemian Rhapsody.

Don’t get me wrong it’s a 10/10 song but it’s not very romantic 🤣 Any ideas?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m walking down the aisle to what was my nans favourite song. My partner has said he’d like his nans favourite song to be included somewhere important. Great! Except it’s Bohemian Rhapsody.

Don’t get me wrong it’s a 10/10 song but it’s not very romantic 🤣 Any ideas?
Playlist for the reception? 🤣

That’s what I said but he said he wants it to have importance 🤣😭 Going to try and find a nice instrumental version lol
ooh good shout, we had a couple of covers by Vitamin String Quarter for when we signed the register - i totally didn’t even notice music playing, but apparently it did!

Just purchased our wedding rings! A little premature but I got too excited 😁

Reactions: 3
What are people having we cake toppers? I ordered a personalised clay one last June for our July wedding this year and have not heard from the lady since and have just seen posts that she’s a scammer 😞 so I’m £125 down and looking for alternatives!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Nice! What did you get? 🥰
We went with the Hellcat Til Death rings :)

What are people having we cake toppers? I ordered a personalised clay one last June for our July wedding this year and have not heard from the lady since and have just seen posts that she’s a scammer 😞 so I’m £125 down and looking for alternatives!
Sorry to hear that! I haven't even looked into cake toppers yet. I didn't realise they were so pricey!

We went with the Hellcat Til Death rings :)

Sorry to hear that! I haven't even looked into cake toppers yet. I didn't realise they were so pricey!
I know I’ve just ordered another type by someone else on Etsy hopefully that one will be okay 😩

£125 for a cake topper seems quite extreme, where did you find that? If you are looking for an acrylic cake topper I would have thought no more than £15. Not sure about wooden, but wouldn’t have expected anywhere near that amount.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.