Wedding must haves

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No kids?
Pretty much everyone my age (early 30s) has kids now 😂. Just seems miserable and snobby to ban them
Snobby but how?. I don't have kids so why should I have to accommodate those who've chosen to have them.
I've been to so many weddings where kids are screaming throughout the vows and bored shitless. Most ppl I know love an excuse to leave their kids at home.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We’ve been invited to a wedding next year, no mention of our baby who’ll be about 8 months old by then. Partner asked if we should ask if they’re invited - I said no 😂 if they were invited they’d have been on the invite! I’m also looking forward to baby going to their grandparents and us getting a full day/night drinking, dancing and celebrating without having to keep the baby entertained.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This thread is 100% confirming our decision to elope! Thank you all 😆
I don't blame you! 🤣 our wedding was meant to be in March but we had to postpone to September. Because I'm impatient, we ended up going to Gretna Green in June to do the legal ceremony and then we'll have all the big shenanigans as planned this month. But honestly, if I'd known how good eloping would turn out I would have planned it that way from the start!

Reactions: 3
I don't blame you! 🤣 our wedding was meant to be in March but we had to postpone to September. Because I'm impatient, we ended up going to Gretna Green in June to do the legal ceremony and then we'll have all the big shenanigans as planned this month. But honestly, if I'd known how good eloping would turn out I would have planned it that way from the start!
Yep we did the same. After cancelling 4 times I wanted at least to be legally married so we did in front of 2 guests.
Our big wedding is next year ❤
Everyone will want a massive party by then.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Don't spend a fortune on your dress. Just genuinely don't see the point. Actually don't spend a fortune full stop.

If I was to do it again, I'd elope/get married in front of immediate family and then have a really nice meal in a restaurant with loved ones. Done.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Confetti cannons https://www.shropshirepetals.com/shop/41-Cannons

Aside from the shower of petals, the surprise value (there's a good bang to them) had everyone laughing in our confetti shots
We did confetti cannons at a recent wedding as the brides walked back up the aisle, it was so fun! It looked so pretty and the photos came out amazing as everyone's faces were really genuine and unposed if that makes sense? Lots of gasps and happy faces as they went off.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We need a 2022 Brides thread! I should have been getting married on Saturday but postponed due to the Covid overseas travel rules.. once Saturday’s out of the way I can get excited again 😁

Enjoyed reading these tips but also thankful I paid for a planner 😂

We need a 2022 Brides thread! I should have been getting married on Saturday but postponed due to the Covid overseas travel rules.. once Saturday’s out of the way I can get excited again 😁

Enjoyed reading these tips but also thankful I paid for a planner 😂
Yes please!! I’m trying to do a non wedding wedding 🤣

Gross attitude 🤮
A friends’ wedding there were just two children. The parents of one allowed him to run around the dance floor during the first dance and sit on the brides dress so she actually couldn’t move. You don’t get those moments back.
I went to a wedding weeks ago with my baby who started screaming blue murder just as the bride appeared. I exited when she got to the front (it was too late before that) but that won’t save her wedding video she no doubt payed thousands for. Not to mention the pram was at the back of all the beautiful white chairs (outdoor ceremony) which will have ruined the photos of them walking back down the aisle together. I was so embarrassed.
the couple aim for perfection I’d expect and Children being there puts a lot of unknowns into the mix. Kids will never remember it, they don’t care at all and wouldn’t know any different so why do they need to be there when the couple will remember their day forever as one of the most important of their lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
We’ve been invited to a wedding next year, no mention of our baby who’ll be about 8 months old by then. Partner asked if we should ask if they’re invited - I said no 😂 if they were invited they’d have been on the invite! I’m also looking forward to baby going to their grandparents and us getting a full day/night drinking, dancing and celebrating without having to keep the baby entertained.
Yes I really don’t blame you, I have a toddler and will be having another in Feb. If I get invited to any weddings next year, they won’t be coming with me 🤷🏽‍♀️😂 my toddler would be so bored and start playing up. I went to a wedding as a kid and hated it because I was so bored!

I know this is the opposite of what most people say, but for me our wedding was about giving all of our guests and awesome day. Yes, it is our special day but it is also a huge event for family members and close friends.
My biggest tip would be have a list of essential photographs - and give a copy of that list not only to your photographer but to someone who you can trust to literally bully people into getting into position. I have almost no group photos because I lost the will to live, as the photographer was shouting for various groups and people just ignored it - too busy chatting, taking their own photos. I gave up and told him to stop. It is my biggest regret about the day.
Comfy shoes are also a must - our flipflop basket went down a storm. I also had some sparkly flats to change into.
Lastly, consider those no longer with you - we had a table with photos of the people missing - grandparents, friends and our godson, with a lovely poem. My mum particularly said it was so special to her seeing a photo of her dad on the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We finally booked a venue for our wedding in July next year, I feel like we were so late and everything was so booked already but in the end we managed to find a beautiful villa in Italy, it's from 16th century and it's a part of a winery so it's perfect. We're also doing very untraditional wedding and I love that this villa is really unknown and usually not used for weddings.

We're not doing most of the things people do at weddings. 😂 No kids, no speeches, no boutonnieres, no bridesmaids (it's not a tradition in our country anyway), probably no cake, we're gonna have our song but not in a grand "first dance-everyone's looking at you" way, it's just gonna play during the night.

It's also going to start in the afternoon, guests will arrive around 4pm, then cocktail hour, symbolic ceremony, then drinks and dinner and party. I love that this place doesn't have any neighbours around (for over 2km) so we can play music outside for as long and as loud as we like. Lot's of venues we've seen tried to convince us that 2am is long enough for the party but knowing our friends and the fact it's gonna start pretty late I'm glad we found something that allows us to stay all night. :)

We finally booked a venue for our wedding in July next year, I feel like we were so late and everything was so booked already but in the end we managed to find a beautiful villa in Italy, it's from 16th century and it's a part of a winery so it's perfect. We're also doing very untraditional wedding and I love that this villa is really unknown and usually not used for weddings.

We're not doing most of the things people do at weddings. 😂 No kids, no speeches, no boutonnieres, no bridesmaids (it's not a tradition in our country anyway), probably no cake, we're gonna have our song but not in a grand "first dance-everyone's looking at you" way, it's just gonna play during the night.

It's also going to start in the afternoon, guests will arrive around 4pm, then cocktail hour, symbolic ceremony, then drinks and dinner and party. I love that this place doesn't have any neighbours around (for over 2km) so we can play music outside for as long and as loud as we like. Lot's of venues we've seen tried to convince us that 2am is long enough for the party but knowing our friends and the fact it's gonna start pretty late I'm glad we found something that allows us to stay all night. :)
Congrats! That sounds lovely!

• Heart