Wedding must haves

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My wedding is next year and I'm looking for some feedback on what you may have done,or seen as a guest that you thought was great and a must have!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Aww 🥰

Enjoy planning & don’t get sucked into various degrees of bullshit, these increase closer to the day (do you know where we can park by x? No because I’m not google maps beloved x) but just filter it out.

Really loved my bouquet & all the flowers so glad we spent on that (same with food). We had all our friends visit us the next morning for a lovely breakfast chat and tbh I preferred that to the day in some ways (poss cos a problematic guest didn’t attend 😂) so if your plans could accommodate such a thing definitely recommend it - ours was spontaneous but so glad it happened!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Wedding insurance - saved me when a venue went bust and it’s the only thing I recommend.

Reactions: 8
My wedding is next year and I'm looking for some feedback on what you may have done,or seen as a guest that you thought was great and a must have!
Congratulations! 🥰

We included a song request card with our invitations so that we can have a mix of songs and everyone will have a song that will get them on the dance floor. Looking forward to that - our wedding is three weeks today!

Aww 🥰

Enjoy planning & don’t get sucked into various degrees of bullshit, these increase closer to the day (do you know where we can park by x? No because I’m not google maps beloved x) but just filter it out.

Really loved my bouquet & all the flowers so glad we spent on that (same with food). We had all our friends visit us the next morning for a lovely breakfast chat and tbh I preferred that to the day in some ways (poss cos a problematic guest didn’t attend 😂) so if your plans could accommodate such a thing definitely recommend it - ours was spontaneous but so glad it happened!
I feel you with the inane questions 😤 how long is the drinks reception, what time does the bar open, what time can we check in!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Wedding insurance - saved me when a venue went bust and it’s the only thing I recommend.
First thing I got sorted was the insurance!

Congratulations! 🥰

We included a song request card with our invitations so that we can have a mix of songs and everyone will have a song that will get them on the dance floor. Looking forward to that - our wedding is three weeks today!
Yess its a great idea isnt it! Definitely including it

Aww 🥰

My friend had that too, the next morning and it was lovely and chilled. Ive said we'll catch up with nearest & dearest the next afternoon for a chilled lunch or something!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We had a pick and mix table and it went down a storm. Just wish I managed to snag a bag 😂 it’s quite inexpensive to do if you can bulk by sweets and get glass tubs from IKEA!

Congrats and enjoy planning! ❤

At the risk of sounding corny, my faves have been where I could really feel the couple were having the best time! Been to my fair share where friends have been stressed and doing things to please their families/others :(

Cute things from ones I've been to - pick n mix/sweets/cupcake stations, also photobooths or disposable cameras can be fun

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Also agree with disposable cameras! - not cheap but it gives you such a lovely insight to parts of the day you might not see or be around! (Plus the surprise after is so good!)

the breakfast the next day or a brunch etc is a great idea - we loved finding all the goss!

We had a guestbook ( a scrapbook from hobbycraft) which was lovely to read some notes from people even now a few years down the line.

the absolute best thing we did personally was spend as much as we could on a photographer and those pictures now are worth so much more. We’ve lost family members since and it’s honestly priceless.

Congratulations! And I hope you have so much enjoyment planning. Definately go for a light hearted wedding, just as another member stated these have always been more fun and memorable. You can always tell a wedding where the bride is stressing that everything must be absolutely perfect. Always shop around!!!

Some ideas I've seen at weddings I've been too, pick and mix! I can't stress how popular these are! Hog roast BBQ went down very well at another. I've seen Delboy and Rodney lookalikes turn up and collect my neighbour, the groom as a suprise in their yellow reliant Robin playing the theme full blast - I thought it was so cool. If I ever get married again I would seriously consider doing this! I thought what a great way to start the day, where everyone starts with a laugh!

Reactions: 1
Anything in terms of games/kids activities/things you provided for guests etc?
My MIL’s wedding had a million kids - grandkids from both sides - and tbh the best thing for them was the big jars of sweeties and space/permission to run around and play together. I’ve seen the same kids at stuffier weddings where they’re expected to be sat in silence or at big dinner tables for hours on end and just given a tit colouring book aimed at 4 year olds for entertainment and they were miserable and nagging their parents non stop.

We have about 20 kids on the list! 💀 but lots of space for them to run and play around, we're also having a bbq out in the countryside 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had board games like connect 4, guess who for kids and went down well with kids and adults during the 'waiting in between' parts. Can be really inexpensive if you get shops own versions!

• Heart
How about transport - theres about 80 guests, reception is a 20-25 minute drive away from the church. Plenty of taxi firms and Uber available for people to use to get to the reception.. do i bother arranging transport for all? (To stop any stragglers, or waiting times on cabs, traffic etc)

The reception is out in the countryside, so god knows how we'll manage everyone getting taxis back at midnight 😬

Something I wish I’d had - Flat shoes for yourself to wear in the evening. my feet were so sore as you hardly sit down when you’re the bride! I actually couldn’t walk properly the next day as my feet had gotten so swollen 😅.

My pal put pairs of cheap Primark flipflops in the girls bathroom so you could change out of your heels for dancing, was a lifesaver! My brother had a donut wall & pick n mix cart, they went down a treat! Disposable cameras on tables is a great idea I think.

How about transport - theres about 80 guests, reception is a 20-25 minute drive away from the church. Plenty of taxi firms and Uber available for people to use to get to the reception.. do i bother arranging transport for all? (To stop any stragglers, or waiting times on cabs, traffic etc)

The reception is out in the countryside, so god knows how we'll manage everyone getting taxis back at midnight 😬
You don't want to be distracted by that on the day. Worrying about people turning up in dribs and drabs so for peace of mind it might be worth booking a double decker or two.
Agree with the song requests and pic n mix

A great tip for wedding shoes if they are new (bride and grooms) is to walk around the house in them a few weeks before so they are fully stretched come the day. I just wore mine with socks around the house whenever my Oh wasn't about. It really does make a difference.

From someone whose recently been married

don’t put a lot of money into favours -always forgotten about
Don’t bother on disposable cameras - by the time the guests use them , most have been drinking all day so you end up with loads of blurred drunken selfies and then you’ve wasted money on processing them
give your photographer a list of definite photos you want - most of them appreciate this
Don’t bother on signage saying no photos on social media ……. I had guests ignore it and do it anyway 😂😂

• Wow