Wedding must haves

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ive had people ask if im allowing kids or not - great to ask but i did chuckle, i have two of my own, i wouldnt say no 😂

Reactions: 1
From someone whose recently been married

don’t put a lot of money into favours -always forgotten about
Don’t bother on disposable cameras - by the time the guests use them , most have been drinking all day so you end up with loads of blurred drunken selfies and then you’ve wasted money on processing them
give your photographer a list of definite photos you want - most of them appreciate this
Don’t bother on signage saying no photos on social media ……. I had guests ignore it and do it anyway 😂😂
Me and my husband came off facebook etc for a few days around out wedding so people couldnt tag us in any photos they did put up till we were ready too look.

Reactions: 4
Me and my husband came off facebook etc for a few days around out wedding so people couldnt tag us in any photos they did put up till we were ready too look.
awww that’s a good idea for some

unfortunately in my case , my MIL sent photos she took during the day to her family that weren’t there because of covid restrictions as she felt they had the right to see 🙈🙈🙈

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I'll be saying no photos in the church, to try and avoid seeing smart phones up in our proper pictures.. hopefully people take heed! Ill bollock them if they dont lol

I'll be saying no photos in the church, to try and avoid seeing smart phones up in our proper pictures.. hopefully people take heed! Ill bollock them if they dont lol
Tell them they will have an opportunity to take pics after you've signed the register or something like that, A couple of mins to get a snap then put phone away again. Less likely to try to 'sneak' them if they know there'll be an opportunity.

Reactions: 4
This is a good idea..... you don't want your official pics to have loads of people on their phones !

Congratulations 🎊
So we were due to get married last April ....in the end we rescheduled 4 times and then gave up.
We now have a new wedding date of December 2022, completely new venue and vibe. I have learnt a in having to cancel our original wedding and actually so pleased we had to scrap it and start again.
This is what I fully recommend

1. Favours are a waste of money and no one remembers them or they forget to take them home
2. No children allowed
3. Reduce the flowers to bouquet and button holes. Again no one is going to care about flowers in a corner of the room and they can be pricey
4. Spend money on a good photographer, it's worth to pay more
5. Our original wedding was a lot of DIY and actually it didn't save that much money and would have been ln ALOT of stress like we would have to source a lot of stuff ourselves and get in lots of suppliers and organise it all.....really the stress leading up was unbelievable. My advice is get a venue that does everything on site and has in house suppliers like food and decor and staff. Even if it seems to cost a lot more the stress makes it worth it
6. Don't buy bridesmaids dresses they're ugly and no one can wear them again just get some nice dresses from Hobbs or coast so your bridesmaids can wear them to other events
7. Put up signed no photos on social media. My friend did this. It's your wedding
8. Put a basket in the ladies with deodorant and tampons etc. I went to a wedding the other week and started my period and it saved me!
9. Do not bother with fancy decor from suppliers I think in a few years time it'll look dated and of it's time. Less is more
10. It's worth splurging on a lovely bottle of perfume that you can use once in a while to remind you of your day
11. Don't take crap from friends or family when they try to invite more people and....
12. If guests miss the RSVP deadline cut em off. It's rude and ultimately saves you money

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I organized my venue and church straight away. Our wedding was classic but inexpensive compared to my friends. We got our cake and flowers in marks and spencers. My dress was one of the most expensive things as was the venue. Everything else was a bargain and or on sale.

Considering it myself 👀
Not fully eloping, we’ve told family - but it just avoids so many decisions and so much money to spend! Finally had a response from my dream venue too so hopefully we’ll be all booked in a couple of weeks… engaged to merrier in less than 6 months 👌

Not fully eloping, we’ve told family - but it just avoids so many decisions and so much money to spend! Finally had a response from my dream venue too so hopefully we’ll be all booked in a couple of weeks… engaged to merrier in less than 6 months 👌
I'm delighted for you to make that decision for yourself and partner. Best of luck with it and hope it goes amazing for you.

My best advice?

do it however you as a couple want it, don’t try to make it be “a wedding” and start including stuff just because you think it’s expected. For example I personally absolutely bleeping hate the whole boring donught wall/pick & mix sweetie table etc

have it your way. It’s your wedding day and it should be whatever you want it to be not a tick box exercise.

Reactions: 6
My best advice?

do it however you as a couple want it, don’t try to make it be “a wedding” and start including stuff just because you think it’s expected. For example I personally absolutely bleeping hate the whole boring donught wall/pick & mix sweetie table etc

have it your way. It’s your wedding day and it should be whatever you want it to be not a tick box exercise.
Love this. I suggested a few things to my partner that aren't the "done" thing. He's a bit apprehensive but I've to remind him it's our day.
The small things were like not having a top table and maybe just have ourselves sitting at one table. As we always eat together alone 🤣
Second thing was speeches, I hate them so feel like we don't need them

My best advice?

Agreed!

Im not spending a fortune on the little things like flowers and favours. People remember the food & fun!

No kids?
Pretty much everyone my age (early 30s) has kids now 😂. Just seems miserable and snobby to ban them

No kids?
Pretty much everyone my age (early 30s) has kids now 😂. Just seems miserable and snobby to ban them
We didn’t have kids at our wedding. Wasn’t miserable or snobby - we just wanted a chilled out day for the adults to enjoy without screaming kids running around or having meltdowns etc 😃

Reactions: 8
No kids?
Nah, its fair enough for those without kids to want a kid free wedding. Its less stress without kids, parents can relax for the night. All my mates have kids and I have two of my own, so its not a rule id use but i get it

Reactions: 7