Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Inforapenny

Chatty Member
No kids?
Pretty much everyone my age (early 30s) has kids now 😂. Just seems miserable and snobby to ban them
Snobby but how?. I don't have kids so why should I have to accommodate those who've chosen to have them.
I've been to so many weddings where kids are screaming throughout the vows and bored shitless. Most ppl I know love an excuse to leave their kids at home.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

littlepup

VIP Member
Gross attitude 🤮
A friends’ wedding there were just two children. The parents of one allowed him to run around the dance floor during the first dance and sit on the brides dress so she actually couldn’t move. You don’t get those moments back.
I went to a wedding weeks ago with my baby who started screaming blue murder just as the bride appeared. I exited when she got to the front (it was too late before that) but that won’t save her wedding video she no doubt payed thousands for. Not to mention the pram was at the back of all the beautiful white chairs (outdoor ceremony) which will have ruined the photos of them walking back down the aisle together. I was so embarrassed.
the couple aim for perfection I’d expect and Children being there puts a lot of unknowns into the mix. Kids will never remember it, they don’t care at all and wouldn’t know any different so why do they need to be there when the couple will remember their day forever as one of the most important of their lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
We’ve been invited to a wedding next year, no mention of our baby who’ll be about 8 months old by then. Partner asked if we should ask if they’re invited - I said no 😂 if they were invited they’d have been on the invite! I’m also looking forward to baby going to their grandparents and us getting a full day/night drinking, dancing and celebrating without having to keep the baby entertained.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
No kids?
Pretty much everyone my age (early 30s) has kids now 😂. Just seems miserable and snobby to ban them
We didn’t have kids at our wedding. Wasn’t miserable or snobby - we just wanted a chilled out day for the adults to enjoy without screaming kids running around or having meltdowns etc 😃

Reactions: 8

Vanelope

VIP Member
Wedding insurance - saved me when a venue went bust and it’s the only thing I recommend.

Inforapenny

Chatty Member
Congratulations 🎊
So we were due to get married last April ....in the end we rescheduled 4 times and then gave up.
We now have a new wedding date of December 2022, completely new venue and vibe. I have learnt a in having to cancel our original wedding and actually so pleased we had to scrap it and start again.
This is what I fully recommend

1. Favours are a waste of money and no one remembers them or they forget to take them home
2. No children allowed
3. Reduce the flowers to bouquet and button holes. Again no one is going to care about flowers in a corner of the room and they can be pricey
4. Spend money on a good photographer, it's worth to pay more
5. Our original wedding was a lot of DIY and actually it didn't save that much money and would have been ln ALOT of stress like we would have to source a lot of stuff ourselves and get in lots of suppliers and organise it all.....really the stress leading up was unbelievable. My advice is get a venue that does everything on site and has in house suppliers like food and decor and staff. Even if it seems to cost a lot more the stress makes it worth it
6. Don't buy bridesmaids dresses they're ugly and no one can wear them again just get some nice dresses from Hobbs or coast so your bridesmaids can wear them to other events
7. Put up signed no photos on social media. My friend did this. It's your wedding
8. Put a basket in the ladies with deodorant and tampons etc. I went to a wedding the other week and started my period and it saved me!
9. Do not bother with fancy decor from suppliers I think in a few years time it'll look dated and of it's time. Less is more
10. It's worth splurging on a lovely bottle of perfume that you can use once in a while to remind you of your day
11. Don't take crap from friends or family when they try to invite more people and....
12. If guests miss the RSVP deadline cut em off. It's rude and ultimately saves you money

• Heart

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
No kids?
Nah, its fair enough for those without kids to want a kid free wedding. Its less stress without kids, parents can relax for the night. All my mates have kids and I have two of my own, so its not a rule id use but i get it

Reactions: 7
Aww 🥰

Enjoy planning & don’t get sucked into various degrees of bullshit, these increase closer to the day (do you know where we can park by x? No because I’m not google maps beloved x) but just filter it out.

Really loved my bouquet & all the flowers so glad we spent on that (same with food). We had all our friends visit us the next morning for a lovely breakfast chat and tbh I preferred that to the day in some ways (poss cos a problematic guest didn’t attend 😂) so if your plans could accommodate such a thing definitely recommend it - ours was spontaneous but so glad it happened!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
My best advice?

do it however you as a couple want it, don’t try to make it be “a wedding” and start including stuff just because you think it’s expected. For example I personally absolutely fucking hate the whole boring donught wall/pick & mix sweetie table etc

have it your way. It’s your wedding day and it should be whatever you want it to be not a tick box exercise.

Dipdab

VIP Member
Oh another tip I remembered - my husband can be quite shy so was petrified of doing his speech. We decided to do the speeches before the meal so he could then totally relax and enjoy his food after. It really worked for us and was nice to do them as soon as everyone has sat down.

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
We have about 20 kids on the list! 💀 but lots of space for them to run and play around, we're also having a bbq out in the countryside 🥰

• Heart

Northeast1988

VIP Member
From someone whose recently been married

don’t put a lot of money into favours -always forgotten about
Don’t bother on disposable cameras - by the time the guests use them , most have been drinking all day so you end up with loads of blurred drunken selfies and then you’ve wasted money on processing them
give your photographer a list of definite photos you want - most of them appreciate this
Don’t bother on signage saying no photos on social media ……. I had guests ignore it and do it anyway 😂😂

• Wow
Reactions: 5

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
My wedding is next year and I'm looking for some feedback on what you may have done,or seen as a guest that you thought was great and a must have!

• Heart
Reactions: 5