we are struggling and now we're 6 months without a wage

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seriously where does she get all the bleeping money,IV made no secret in here how much we are struggling and now we're 6 months without a wage,don't qualify for any of these social welfare lump sums I'm in arrears in absolutely all my bills and I'm genuinely not able to cope at all with my life my child needed 2 euro for school I had to keep her home I only had 27 cent.she sickens my arse I go without absolutely everything and it's still not enough to keep things going here
Pleass go to the community welfare officer and plead your case. it'snot fair to working people to struggle , she's a scrounger and her whole family are the same. St Vincent de Paul , who ever it takes.its the middle man who is struggling these days . x

Reactions: 9
There’s no shame in turning to St Vincent de Paul for a bit of help too, they can help with vouchers for the supermarket (they are normal looking gift cards so nobody would know) and they help with arrears on your electric/gas bills or bags of coal, food hampers etc. I volunteered with them before and honestly they would love to help in a situation like yours, it’s very discreet and when you get back on your feet if wanted to then you could always make a donation back to them to pay it forward. If you have PayPal I could send you something on there when I get paid this week?
I got a food voucher for SuperValu a month ago It was for 50 euro and it was a great help I didn't wanna ask them again I'd hate to think I was taking from someone else who needed it more

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I got a food voucher for SuperValu a month ago It was for 50 euro and it was a great help I didn't wanna ask them again I'd hate to think I was taking from someone else who needed it more
and you’re very good to be thinking of others BUT, you need to worry about you and your family. That’s what the likes of SVP are there for. And as @sophiasstories said, when ye are back on your feet, you can pay it forward.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Can't remember who asked. But there are still po boxes. Usually at post office collection points. I know there is one in togher and churchfield. A po box can be " rented " on a pay as you go bases .. it's entirely private. .. I'll happily rent one , and leave vouchers there for you and your family. That's what most people do , reach out to help others. Who knows when any of us need a helping hand in the future.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'll try leave it with me
Please do Mrs Doyle. Even if you didn't have to worry about food bills for awhile that would take alot of weight off you. Dunnes would be perfect cause you could buy things for your kids too x

Reactions: 4
Seriously where does she get all the bleeping money,IV made no secret in here how much we are struggling and now we're 6 months without a wage,don't qualify for any of these social welfare lump sums I'm in arrears in absolutely all my bills and I'm genuinely not able to cope at all with my life my child needed 2 euro for school I had to keep her home I only had 27 cent.she sickens my arse I go without absolutely everything and it's still not enough to keep things going here
Do you want some dunnes voucher im not to use them and I'd rather someone got them 😘😘

Can't remember who asked. But there are still po boxes. Usually at post office collection points. I know there is one in togher and churchfield. A po box can be " rented " on a pay as you go bases .. it's entirely private. .. I'll happily rent one , and leave vouchers there for you and your family. That's what most people do , reach out to help others. Who knows when any of us need a helping hand in the future.
That was me.... she's a few good options now, so whichever is easiest.

Reactions: 2
Please do Mrs Doyle. Even if you didn't have to worry about food bills for awhile that would take alot of weight off you. Dunnes would be perfect cause you could buy things for your kids too x
And smyths do them too if Santa needed a helping hand instead

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Please don’t take this offensively but you are in the category of people who need it most. You had to keep your daughter home from school as you didn’t have two euro, that right there is all I need to hear to know that you need help, more than 50 and every week too. Explain everything to them about your bills too and you will get more. Honestly there’s no need to keep struggling on when there is help available, I know it’s hard to ask for the help but as I said just think of it as a type of loan, you’re getting it now and when back on your feet you can donate some back.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
and you’re very good to be thinking of others BUT, you need to worry about you and your family. That’s what the likes of SVP are there for. And as @sophiasstories said, when ye are back on your feet, you can pay it forward.
Actually that's true that's a good perspective and I'd feel better then knowing I could donate to svdp or someone in need when I'm back afloat

Please don’t take this offensively but you are in the category of people who need it most. You had to keep your daughter home from school as you didn’t have two euro, that right there is all I need to hear to know that you need help, more than 50 and every week too. Explain everything to them about your bills too and you will get more. Honestly there’s no need to keep struggling on when there is help available, I know it’s hard to ask for the help but as I said just think of it as a type of loan, you’re getting it now and when back on your feet you can donate some back.
I did try apply for fuel allowance but because he's on jobseekers benefit from paying his stamps we can't get that and Im currently a sahm and have no income bar child benefit
---
@Mrs.Doyle22 Please let us help. If you can make up an anon email address, the Dunnes vouchers mentioned above are a great idea
I promise I'll set up an email tomorrow

• Heart
@Mrs.Doyle22
I will.always remember when I was a young child, maybe 10ish and my mother packed 2 bags of groceries / washing powder / toilet paper and off we went to a friend of hers to deliver said groceries. It really wasn't much to my mother at the time, we could afford it, but I will never forget the friends husband who was out of work at the time literally cried because it was such a relief to him. I mean it probably fed their household for 2 or 3 days, but they were so grateful. It will stay with me for life.... hardworking family who came down on hard times around the recession time.

There are lots of offers here, people would not offer if they couldn't afford it. Even if its a €10 voucher from each person offering.... that will dig you out of a hole.

Also go back to SVDP, they are there for you. You can always donate and pay it forward again in time to come!

In relation to arrears and stuff, contact MABS if you haven't already. If arrears are for electricity or loans they'll help you restructure so you can catch up in a manageable way. You'll still pay but it'll be more manageable.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
And smyths do them too if Santa needed a helping hand instead
Thankfully santy is sorted a few months I had kept money in a purse hidden for that it's one huge worry I don't have,have no one else done mind you but once santy is done I don't care
---
@Mrs.Doyle22
I will.always remember when I was a young child, maybe 10ish and my mother packed 2 bags of groceries / washing powder / toilet paper and off we went to a friend of hers to deliver said groceries. It really wasn't much to my mother at the time, we could afford it, but I will never forget the friends husband who was out of work at the time literally cried because it was such a relief to him. I mean it probably fed their household for 2 or 3 days, but they were so grateful. It will stay with me for life.... hardworking family who came down on hard times around the recession time.

There are lots of offers here, people would not offer if they couldn't afford it. Even if its a €10 voucher from each person offering.... that will dig you out of a hole.

Also go back to SVDP, they are there for you. You can always donate and pay it forward again in time to come!

In relation to arrears and stuff, contact MABS if you haven't already. If arrears are for electricity or loans they'll help you restructure so you can catch up in a manageable way. You'll still pay but it'll be more manageable.
I actually never even thought of mabs thank you!I was also wondering actually does anyone get their electric bill monthly instead of every 2 months?and do u find it easier that way?
I'll definitely email svdp tomorrow again.
And I'll set up an email but honestly I don't expect anyone to help I genuinely don't I just needed to vent so much even just being able to say all that openly and anonymously has helped me so much I dont think anyone realises how much people just listening without judging has helped me because I felt worthless all day and just rock bottom

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Actually that's true that's a good perspective and I'd feel better then knowing I could donate to svdp or someone in need when I'm back afloat
Will you please
Thankfully santy is sorted a few months I had kept money in a purse hidden for that it's one huge worry I don't have,have no one else done mind you but once santy is done I don't care
Will you go and set up one of those virtual vouchers or the post office box thing...
There's no one here that wouldn't run through a burning building for their kids, this is your burning building Mrs... take your own feelings out of it and except the little bit of help a few of us here are willing to give for your kids xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
---

I actually never even thought of mabs thank you!I was also wondering actually does anyone get their electric bill monthly instead of every 2 months?and do u find it easier that way?
And I'll set up an email but honestly I don't expect anyone to help I genuinely don't I just needed to vent so much even just being able to say all that openly and anonymously has helped me so much I dont think anyone realises how much people just listening without judging has helped me because I felt worthless all day and just rock bottom
Im with electric ireland and i pay my bill monthly on a direct debit. You will get the electricity refund from the government in December too remember that. Uf you ring the electricity companies they have to legally help you if you are in trouble. Try them too. Especially at this time of year to pay it as best you can as manageable as you can

Reactions: 2
---

I get my electricity bill with electric ireland. I find it much easier than trying to hold back money.
Also, you can go on to your account and put money on every week if you find that easier.
Could I recommend when the govt credits are applied to your account, that you still put some money on each week so that it'll last you a bit longer.

MABS are great, non judgemental, and are trained to know how to prioritise.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@Mrs.Doyle22 defo try your local welfare officer. Sometimes they are helpful, plead ur case. They should give you something to keep you going. Awhful to not give either of ye any income or support . Praying for you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3