Waterloo Road

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There could be a few kids from the children/siblings of students in the earlier series. There's lots of opportunity here.
- Izzie Charles (Chlo and Donte's daughter) would be 12/13 now. She may also have a sibling.
- Lauren Drummond seems to be free at the moment and I expect she will return as Mika. I think Thomas Payne might be living in America so they will have to recast for a Brett return. Brett and Mika could've easily had a child within the couple of years after they left, although I imagine they would've been born after Chlo left or the baby would've been mentioned. Mika and Brett's child could be in year 7/8 now.
- Cheryl Bryant (Janeece's daughter) would be around 12.
- Prince Kelly (Sam, Denzil and Earl's little brother) would be 15/16/17. I wonder if the school will still have a 6th form.
- Dannielle Harker could return as a businesswoman with a couple of kids, one in primary school and the other starting at WR. I's watching the original run on Iplayer at the moment and am loving Danielle.
- Kim has a son (now 12/13) so I imagine he will appear in the new series. I know Kim 'adopted' another child in Rwanda but I think she was taken back there by her biological father.
This has just made me feel so incredibly old 😆😆😆

Reactions: 8
There could be a few kids from the children/siblings of students in the earlier series. There's lots of opportunity here.
- Izzie Charles (Chlo and Donte's daughter) would be 12/13 now. She may also have a sibling.
- Lauren Drummond seems to be free at the moment and I expect she will return as Mika. I think Thomas Payne might be living in America so they will have to recast for a Brett return. Brett and Mika could've easily had a child within the couple of years after they left, although I imagine they would've been born after Chlo left or the baby would've been mentioned. Mika and Brett's child could be in year 7/8 now.
- Cheryl Bryant (Janeece's daughter) would be around 12.
- Prince Kelly (Sam, Denzil and Earl's little brother) would be 15/16/17. I wonder if the school will still have a 6th form.
- Dannielle Harker could return as a businesswoman with a couple of kids, one in primary school and the other starting at WR. I's watching the original run on Iplayer at the moment and am loving Danielle.
- Kim has a son (now 12/13) so I imagine he will appear in the new series. I know Kim 'adopted' another child in Rwanda but I think she was taken back there by her biological father.
All the possible 'kids' judging by instagram would be too old for the above with the exception of Prince Kelly if they were to go down that route. I'd love to see Rose back in a recurring capacity but don't think it'll happen.

Can see Chlo potentially making a cameo or at least being mentioned (never liked how neither were mentioned at the very least when Tom died), but imagine Brett just wouldn't be in the picture.

I think, basing it on series year (I know a couple of the series were slightly longer/got a bit muddled time wise) Kim's son would be starting year 7. If I remember correctly one of the reasons they've brought it back is to represent how schools have been impacted by covid. So this could potentially be quite a good storyline.

It does feel like Cheryl's daughter is going to be present based on rumours of her her making an appearance - not sure how I feel about that though.

Hopefully they get the blend right with links to old characters and completely new characters!

Reactions: 2
All the possible 'kids' judging by instagram would be too old for the above with the exception of Prince Kelly if they were to go down that route. I'd love to see Rose back in a recurring capacity but don't think it'll happen.

Can see Chlo potentially making a cameo or at least being mentioned (never liked how neither were mentioned at the very least when Tom died), but imagine Brett just wouldn't be in the picture.

I think, basing it on series year (I know a couple of the series were slightly longer/got a bit muddled time wise) Kim's son would be starting year 7. If I remember correctly one of the reasons they've brought it back is to represent how schools have been impacted by covid. So this could potentially be quite a good storyline.

It does feel like Cheryl's daughter is going to be present based on rumours of her her making an appearance - not sure how I feel about that though.

Hopefully they get the blend right with links to old characters and completely new characters!
Chlo and Donte are coming back, so is Angela Griffin

Reactions: 1
Katie McGlynn aka Scout has left Hollyoaks.

She’s liked a comment on Instagram asking if she’s returning to Waterloo Road 👀

Katie McGlynn aka Scout has left Hollyoaks.

She’s liked a comment on Instagram asking if she’s returning to Waterloo Road 👀
She was amazing in WR (but absolutely dire in Corrie). I hope she's back.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Anything is possible but I'd be a bit surprised as I feel it would have been announced by now, and they already have around the number of teachers/staff you would expect - based on the original series.

Granted, I'm not sure it has been announced what roles Chlo and Donte have (may be wrong!) so it might be only one of them is a teacher or perhaps neither.

Reactions: 3

The younger kids in the cast may not be on Instagram due to choice/age etc.

The younger kids in the cast may not be on Instagram due to choice/age etc.
Without a doubt, was meant to mention that in my post as well. Even if they do have instagram they're far more likely to be private/older cast members not following.

Just want them to announce the full cast now! I'm pretty sure they've started filming now, so hopefully won't be to long.

Reactions: 3
Looks like filming has started today. With another new character confirmed, but no idea on the role itself. With Ryan Clayton (looks like he was in corrie) playing the role of Mike.

I'm hoping he's not playing a student, as he looks a bit old!

Looks like filming has started today. With another new character confirmed, but no idea on the role itself. With Ryan Clayton (looks like he was in corrie) playing the role of Mike.

I'm hoping he's not playing a student, as he looks a bit old!
I have a feeling he will have the role of caretaker. He looks like a caretaker to me.

I'm excited to see what school they choose. I think the BBC bought an old school for the original series (both Manchester and Scotland) so I imagine they will go down a similar route this time.

I have a feeling he will have the role of caretaker. He looks like a caretaker to me.

I'm excited to see what school they choose. I think the BBC bought an old school for the original series (both Manchester and Scotland) so I imagine they will go down a similar route this time.
Looks like he'll be playing a police officer!

According to initial reports they'll be filming in Salford rather than Rochdale, so I had a quick google of recent school shows filmed in that area. Looks like the 4 O'clock club was, and finished in the past couple of years, so wouldn't be surprised if they were using one of the schools they used for that. I think I know which one, but not sure if they're wanting filming locations too public just yet!

The class of 2022…

Found this on Facebook. One of the cast is Adam Thomas’ niece Scarlett apparently. Girl in front row, brown hair, next to the girl in the red top. So I assume she’ll be playing Chlo and Donte’s daughter

D05D78D4-2D88-47B0-B76F-66193D597A2E.jpeg

Yeah it was announced Scarlett has joined today. She is playing their daughter
Aaaah this makes me quite excited! Choo and Donte were always my faves, and I’m really hopeful this new series goes back to being a bit grittier and darker like the original few.

Reactions: 7

BBC Press release with details of who they'll be playing - just names rather than any storylines etc. Sounds and looks like they've got a mix of different year groups being followed, which is good! There is however no mention of Dexter, Kim's son, which is a bit of surprise! So unless he's at a different school, I do wonder if one storyline might be focussed around what has happened to him.

Somewhat relieved that Cheryl, Janeece's daughter, doesn't seem to have been cast. I did always quite like her character and was usually quite well meaning, but the character just became a bit dated to say the least.

Does anyone know what Chlo and Donte's roles are? I'm starting to think they're both coming back just as parents, rather than teachers/school staff.

Looking at what they're all wearing - my god I feel old.

Seems like a bigger cast than before. I hope the younger cast are given more equal screen time like they were in the original series rather than Izzy dominating each episode and being shoved down our throats. I want the old Waterloo Road that I know and love back, not some hyped up drama or soap opera. I would also love it if the BBC released the entire series together on iPlayer.

No announcement of casting for now Dexter Campbell I see. Maybe Kim later had him adopted or he goes to a different school. Or there are more announcements to come.

I can see Chlo being an English teacher like Tom (RIP Tom, I'll never get over you being killed off) was. Katie looked like a teacher in the original photos that were released. Maybe Donte will be a PE/technology teacher.

When I read the press release I thought it sounded like a big cast but I went back to look at the student list for series 6, which I'm currently watching, and there were 16 students in that series. There are 15 students announced today.

The three executive producers are Cameron Roach, Gaynor Holmes and Jo McClellan. Two of those worked as executive producers on the original series; Jo is new but Cameron worked on series 7-8 and Gaynor series 4-8 and 10.

Last edited:
  • Heart
It looks more like Ackley Bridge to me, we need cast pictures like this

926A3D20-C721-47A6-99AE-C61B25216D75.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8