Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kat5998

VIP Member
I’ve just realised Chlo and Donte named their son Tommy after Tom Clarkson 🥹🥹🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 26

lozza96

VIP Member
At this point they should do a waterloo road in heaven series with all the dead characters 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Kat5998

VIP Member
That scene in episode 2 where they paraded the new uniform made me uncomfortably cringe

Reactions: 13

Gillybean42

VIP Member
What an unlucky family…. First Izzy, then Tom, now Chlo, poor Mika is probably hiding away somewhere so the curse doesn’t hit her next! I know it’s just a tv show but why keep killing members of the same family!
It was the same with the Kellys, Sambuca died then her brother did, can’t remember his name. Plus the other brother was in prison for murder! These families have no luck at all lol

groovygirl229

VIP Member
The school felt very small? Like scenes in hall as if that’s whole school if there’s sixth form too. Old WR was realistic with amount of extras it had.

RosePetals

Chatty Member
What an unlucky family…. First Izzy, then Tom, now Chlo, poor Mika is probably hiding away somewhere so the curse doesn’t hit her next! I know it’s just a tv show but why keep killing members of the same family!
It was the same with the Kellys, Sambuca died then her brother did, can’t remember his name. Plus the other brother was in prison for murder! These families have no luck at all lol
This has been bothering me for awhile, any family that has multiple connections to WR seems to get all killed off, the Barrys are lucky to have made it out alive.

Also laughed at Donte saying school was the best time of his life and he'd do it all again. Perhaps he has a memory problem as it was actually all a bit traumatic for him if you ask me

• Haha

tyrell123

Scarlett Thomas is a good little actress. Can’t believe they’ve killed chlo off 😭 her and Donte were always my favourites!

Reactions: 12

Jas19

Just found this tread what was the point in bringing chlo back to kill her off

Reactions: 11

mochibean

VIP Member
I enjoyed the first episode. Playing I Predict a Riot during the first episode was a great touch. Shame about Chlo was hoping we'd get more but the episode exceeded my expectations. I really expected the worst. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 10

orlyb1310

VIP Member
If you compare it to the first episode of the original waterloo road, it was a bit shite. I feel like they definitely covered social issues and important topics in a much more interesting and entertaining way back in the day, rather than the whole plot of the episode being the kids protesting and throwing paint. That would’ve been one of many side plots in a proper episode. Felt more Ackley Bridge. Felt for Donte and the kids though - we should’ve got a few more episodes of Donte and Chlo :(

fudgebox

VIP Member
Yeah the Fleur story line was really sad, when she was turning up at the school and everything, poor Grantly😢 loved him and Maggie

• Sad
  • Heart

cc_2013

VIP Member
Can people NOT openly discuss episodes which haven’t been aired yet please?
I know they’re all available on iPlayer, however I think it’s only fair to discuss episodes which have been aired incase people are just watching them on TV.
Spoiler tags are there for a reason! ✌🏻

kimh90

Chatty Member
Just properly watched episode 1.. why have they done that. Like someone further up said. Why hype 2 of the main characters up just to do that?!

yayoi

It’s genuinely sad because in the later episodes it starts feeling a lot better imo, but a lot of people will have dropped it because of the obvious way they explored the whole racism thing and just… it’s a bit boring
It definitely picks up - first two eps are a bit cringe. I understand the need to expand why the school is called waterloo road now with it being a different one and the name issue is obviously to make it socially relevant. The uniform scene was genuinely bad but I think Donte's grief, Preston and Kelly Jo's stories were really decent. Dean reminded me of Seddon a bit but way more likable because Seddon was an absolute c*nt and I hated how they tried to make him likable in the third series because he was so so horrid. It's never gonna be old WR because it was also of the time as is this but it's alright and at least they aren't in Scotland 😭

RJF 2.0

I binged both series on the days they were released.

I’m not enjoying it anywhere near as much as I enjoyed the OG Waterloo Road.

The biggest issue for me is that it is almost taking itself too seriously? The old show was a bit camp and ridiculous, but still managed to handle hard-hitting stories amongst the exaggerated shenanigans. It has come back trying to be a “serious drama” but absolutely nobody on the cast is talented enough to pull that off.

I think someone said earlier on in the thread that it doesn’t feel like a school. The corridors aren’t busy and we don’t get to see many actual lessons nor storylines about teaching and learning. I completely agree. They may as well have set this revamp in a 6th Form college as it feels like all of the pupils are much older and more mature. You definitely got the sense that Finn Sharkey and Scout etc were 15 or 16 back in the day. This current incarnation all seem much older.