Waterloo Road

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's onset before Adam then, pretty sure he has said he doesn't start until next week.

Reactions: 1
Just been announced that Adam's son will be portrayed Tommy Thomas, Chlo and Dontes son.

I'm really looking forward to the return of Waterloo Road but some of this casting is concerning me somewhat. One of the great things about the original Waterloo Road is it gave unknown/unconnected youngsters a chance, and while it still is largely I'm not a fan of these family castings.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Just been announced that Adam's son will be portrayed Tommy Thomas, Chlo and Dontes son.

I'm really looking forward to the return of Waterloo Road but some of this casting is concerning me somewhat. One of the great things about the original Waterloo Road is it gave unknown/unconnected youngsters a chance, and while it still is largely I'm not a fan of these family castings.
bleeping hell what is this the Thomas show?!

Reactions: 7
bleeping hell what is this the Thomas show?!

Feels a bit like it, least Donte doesn't have any brothers that we know of! Fair play to the kids if they've been casted in their own right, but there will always be that question around of whether it was name or talent - which doesn't help them either. Long run they'd probably have been better on shows like The Dumping Ground (it's BBC/lots of kids hence the suggestion) where there is that separation.

Sorry… Tommy Thomas??

I’m rewatching this at the min and I remember thinking Donte kind of redeemed himself but I’m on series 5 now so he’s left and he was just an hole 😂 I really wanted better for chlo. Toms not much better either.

I’m rewatching this at the min and I remember thinking Donte kind of redeemed himself but I’m on series 5 now so he’s left and he was just an hole 😂 I really wanted better for chlo. Toms not much better either.

I loved Tom when I first watched it as a kid but I watched it back a wee while ago (at 25) and he just annoyed me 😂

Reactions: 2
I loved Tom when I first watched it as a kid but I watched it back a wee while ago (at 25) and he just annoyed me 😂
Yeah I'm rewatching on and off and Tom was kind of perpetually moody unless he was shagging another teacher and he talked down to a lot of staff members as if he always knew best. I don't think they should've killed him off though.

• Haha
I’ve heard a rumour from a friend that series 11 will start on 17th May, however isn’t that a bit early for filming and editing to be done?

I’ve heard a rumour from a friend that series 11 will start on 17th May, however isn’t that a bit early for filming and editing to be done?
They started filming end of Feb and isn’t it usually around a week to film an episode so 10 episodes - 10 weeks filming + time to edit (that’s on basis their doing 20 episodes with a break in between like they used to)

Anybody know if Heather Pearce (Nikki Boston) is returning? She always said she would want to come back for series 11 but that was 5+ years ago. Did like her/her character a lot, it was the representation I needed as a young queer confused girl

They started filming end of Feb and isn’t it usually around a week to film an episode so 10 episodes - 10 weeks filming + time to edit (that’s on basis their doing 20 episodes with a break in between like they used to)

Anybody know if Heather Pearce (Nikki Boston) is returning? She always said she would want to come back for series 11 but that was 5+ years ago. Did like her/her character a lot, it was the representation I needed as a young queer confused girl

LOVE Nikki!!

Yeah I'm rewatching on and off and Tom was kind of perpetually moody unless he was shagging another teacher and he talked down to a lot of staff members as if he always knew best. I don't think they should've killed him off though.
I don’t think so either, but I guess he wanted to leave and they wouldn’t have ever left WR without dying. Bet he regrets is now he can’t come back 😂

I think Heather is too busy being Eve in EastEnders currently, but it would be great to see her back

I was on set a number of years ago and I'm pretty sure they said about editing as they film, so it's definitely doable but September would make more sense and tie in with the school terms. Unless they're planning on splitting it for 10 eps then the folllowing ten in September.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was on set a number of years ago and I'm pretty sure they said about editing as they film, so it's definitely doable but September would make more sense and tie in with the school terms. Unless they're planning on splitting it for 10 eps then the folllowing ten in September.
That’s interesting, I suppose it makes sense to do that. I read towards the end of the year they were looking at releasing it and September would make sense. I’ve looked at the old series to see when they were aired and it seems end of August-start of October is when they start it. I’m just excited for it to start. Also with it being a reboot they will probably do the story as the 1st September rather than after Christmas/Easter

Has the amount of episodes been confirmed? I presume it’s 20, and I don’t know how I feel about Kim being head.

Ive already mentioned wanting Heather Pearce (Nikki Boston) joining but Chris Geere (Matt) and maybe unpopular but Richard Mylan (Simon Lowsley) I would love to join the cast. Also loved the Diamond family and the drama they bought along (had the fattest crush on Jez) but feel like that’s an unpopular one. i don’t know if any of them would come back but seeing Alex and Jaye are out of jobs due to Holly being no more maybe they will🤷‍♀️

Also did anybody watch this:

I watched it when it first came out and quite enjoyed it, it sad how much work Chelse has had done though. He also did a Scotland one which I hadn’t watched as there was only a few of the Scotland cast I actually liked.

The only reason I can see them doing May is if there is a exam heavy storyline, which would kinda link in with the initial press release about having something to show the impact of covid on kids/schools. As this would be the first year exams are back to normal but it would really reduce the amount of time the current cast of kids could be used.

I actually quite liked Simon. On the whole I don't think Scotland was as bad as people remember it to be - if it had been a completely separate school. The ridiculousness of the move always tinged it and is one of the big reasons for a drop off in viewership. Even if filming had to move to Scotland they should have kept the location the same.