Waterloo Road

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so I really liked WR, for all its faults, back in the day up until it moved to Scotland and I gave up on it

do you all think this new series more reflective of old-school WR (Pre Scotland) or Post-Scotland? Wondering if I should try watch it but I don't want it to disappoint. I have such fond memories of old-school WR and I would love for that to come back, but if it's a totally different show then it probably isn't for me anymore. I've read the spoilers already 😆

so I really liked WR, for all its faults, back in the day up until it moved to Scotland and I gave up on it

do you all think this new series more reflective of old-school WR (Pre Scotland) or Post-Scotland? Wondering if I should try watch it but I don't want it to disappoint. I have such fond memories of old-school WR and I would love for that to come back, but if it's a totally different show then it probably isn't for me anymore. I've read the spoilers already 😆
It gives me a mix of Pre and Post-Scotland vibes tbh. Some things are true to the original IMO but I find the format quite Scotland like. As someone who has watched Waterloo Road repeatedly and grew up obsessed with it, I really enjoyed it. I really had to keep in mind as well that Waterloo Road was very much my school experience at a comp in a poor area, whereas now schools have changed so much.

If you can get past the initial wokeness and don't try to compare it too much it is really good for a reboot.

Reactions: 5
I didn't like all the protests and the girl who was complaining no one was listening to her about the group the boys setup to rate the girls when she only tried to ask to speak to the teachers at inconvenient times 😅

• Haha
It gives me a mix of Pre and Post-Scotland vibes tbh. Some things are true to the original IMO but I find the format quite Scotland like. As someone who has watched Waterloo Road repeatedly and grew up obsessed with it, I really enjoyed it. I really had to keep in mind as well that Waterloo Road was very much my school experience at a comp in a poor area, whereas now schools have changed so much.

If you can get past the initial wokeness and don't try to compare it too much it is really good for a reboot.
Thanks! I’ll give it a go. Might even treat myself to rewatching from series 1 first! I’ll be totally obsessed again in no time I’m sure

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Just saw Adam Thomas story, taking down Dontes name from door and the song goodbye playing. I’m shocked…. I thought he would be a long term character.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I also got Sambuca and Scout mixed up

If Scout is coming back then it seems to me the actress isn't getting much work after corrie , maybe it was a mistake to leave there unless it wasn't her choice

Back in may and andrews back
Very excited for this. Hopefully they don’t kill him off in the first episode. I’m interested to find out more history around Dexter’s life and when Andrew and Kim split so I really hope this is explored.

Reactions: 4