Waterloo Road

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As viewers why aren’t we learning more about these characters? For example, what subjects do they struggle in and whether or not they’ll be able to attain the grades they wish? At this point, it feels like the school is merely a set piece because it bares no relevance to any of the plot lines.
I agree it would be nice to go a bit more in-depth with the characters and learn a bit more about them but tbh it’s a drama series I don’t think anyone would be interested in anything along the lines of which subjects they struggle in and their grades. I know personally I wouldn’t. Even the old series never really touched on much of that.

I personally thought this 2nd set of episodes was better than the 1st set apart from episode 1. Wonder when the next ones go up

Reactions: 2
I agree it would be nice to go a bit more in-depth with the characters and learn a bit more about them but tbh it’s a drama series I don’t think anyone would be interested in anything along the lines of which subjects they struggle in and their grades. I know personally I wouldn’t. Even the old series never really touched on much of that.

I personally thought this 2nd set of episodes was better than the 1st set apart from episode 1. Wonder when the next ones go up
Probably September, coincides with the new school year and there was a 4 month break between this season and last so would fit with that too.

Bring back Grantley Budgen tbh. Been watching the old series and his one liners/occasional monologues are just superb.

Reactions: 1
I’m watching it again from season 1. I binged watched it for a few weeks after I had my daughter 2 years ago and feel like it was all a blur lol.

Bring back Grantley Budgen tbh. Been watching the old series and his one liners/occasional monologues are just superb.
I wish they hadn't killed Tom and Grantley off in the original series. I'd have loved them to be a part of this, especially with Chlo's death and Treneman's return. Grantley never was his greatest fan. 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It feels like a very slow season

I think my main problem is that the writers/producers appear to be underestimating their audience a bit. Secondary school kids can engage with multiple storylines at once, including one overarching one. The way they have formatted this hasn’t made me care for any of the characters at all and I constantly roll my eyes at how obvious some of the messaging/conversations are

Reactions: 7
It feels like a very slow season

I think my main problem is that the writers/producers appear to be underestimating their audience a bit. Secondary school kids can engage with multiple storylines at once, including one overarching one. The way they have formatted this hasn’t made me care for any of the characters at all and I constantly roll my eyes at how obvious some of the messaging/conversations are
I agree. I think the original series was more authentic. There’s a lot of box ticking in the new series. Although I can’t remember if racism, for example, was addressed in the past series.
Angela Griffin stands out a mile because she is the only decent actor now. There’s a few nepo babies in this series and I don’t rate them!

Reactions: 3
I agree. I think the original series was more authentic. There’s a lot of box ticking in the new series. Although I can’t remember if racism, for example, was addressed in the past series.
Angela Griffin stands out a mile because she is the only decent actor now. There’s a few nepo babies in this series and I don’t rate them!
Who do you mean apart from Scarlett Thomas and Teddy Thomas if he’s even going to be in series 2?
Any there others?

There was the polish caretaker but that was xenophobia rather than racism, and the maori supply teacher who was an absolute dick. 😅
But old WLR was never blatant about things in the way that this is, it feels very woke and dumbed down.

The first couple of seasons were short but so much happened, feels like a lot less is happening and my connection to the characters is so weak.

The 2 boys that are fostered by the deputy and police man - the actor playing the older one literally looks about 35 , terrible casting imo.
I thought this too! It’s so unbelievable because his brother is so young he could be a primary school student so it’s weird they are at the same school!

WR lost its way when it moved to Scotland and I don’t think it’s found its way back yet. I miss the atmosphere in the older series where there was one gritty storyline per episode with other long term storylines rumbling on in the background. Now it feels like it’s just loads of luke warm background storylines and then every few eps someone remembers and sticks in a major storyline that is resolved in the hour.

Reactions: 6
I thought this too! It’s so unbelievable because his brother is so young he could be a primary school student so it’s weird they are at the same school!

WR lost its way when it moved to Scotland and I don’t think it’s found its way back yet. I miss the atmosphere in the older series where there was one gritty storyline per episode with other long term storylines rumbling on in the background. Now it feels like it’s just loads of luke warm background storylines and then every few eps someone remembers and sticks in a major storyline that is resolved in the hour.
Yea once it moved to Scotland I stopped watching but then once I heard it was coming back I finished watching them but yea they where no where near as good as they earlier seasons.

Me too. Like the boy who couldn’t stop peeing himself and the pregnant girl who said Jack was the father

Reactions: 3
Omg!! I'm so excited about this.

I love how many returning characters we've had so far, still upset about Chlo though. :cautious:
I feel nasty saying this but I was relieved they killed chlo off! Nothing against the actress as she was only young when WR first came on but she always had a really irritating gormless look on her face. The character was so needy and annoying, even her name. chlo! Why not Chloe? When she came back she was still annoying and pushy.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Me too. Like the boy who couldn’t stop peeing himself and the pregnant girl who said Jack was the father
and the boy Andrew thought was on drugs when he was actually caring for his mum. Season 1 and 2 were the best IMO. I never get tired of watching them, so much happened in just 8 and 12 episodes.

So, I’ve avoided this thread as I didn’t want to see spoilers.
I loved this season. So glad Treneman is back. My inner fan girl is shipping Kim & Andrew.
That kiss in the preview for next term 🥰

Without giving anything away, that ending 😮

I still think Samia’s mum is Eleanor Chaudry.

Loved the Grantly reference by Treneman.

Now off to binge Waterloo Road from the start for old school Kim & Andrew 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So, I’ve avoided this thread as I didn’t want to see spoilers.
I loved this season. So glad Treneman is back. My inner fan girl is shipping Kim & Andrew.
That kiss in the preview for next term 🥰

Without giving anything away, that ending 😮

I still think Samia’s mum is Eleanor Chaudry.

Loved the Grantly reference by Treneman.

Now off to binge Waterloo Road from the start for old school Kim & Andrew 🥰
I was such a fangirl for Kim and Andrew as well. Still am I've found myself getting so re-invested in them they were one of the best couples.

I'm only on episode 5 but so far this series has been miles better than s11, The characters have developed a lot and I've enjoyed the storylines a lot more, and I also enjoyed the references to Grantley, Steph and Mika,

• Heart
I’m loving Waterloo Road. The acting is definitely not great, bordering on terrible for some, but still enjoying it. Not a huge fan of Angela Griffin, don’t find her acting that great either. And also hating Kym Marsh, acting and character.

What do we think the deal is with Myles? Bi-polar maybe?

That ending! 😬

I’m loving Waterloo Road. The acting is definitely not great, bordering on terrible for some, but still enjoying it. Not a huge fan of Angela Griffin, don’t find her acting that great either. And also hating Kym Marsh, acting and character.

What do we think the deal is with Myles? Bi-polar maybe?

That ending! 😬
Angela Griffin is one of the stand out actor's of the current series for me. The other is Adam Thomas as caretaker Donte, I'd like to see him getting more storylines (I'm a couple of episodes behind so maybe he has!)

But I agree there aren't as many memorable characters such as Grantly, Tom, Chalky and the fabulous Audrey McFall, so brilliantly brought to life by Georgie Glen, as there were in earlier series - and that's just the tip of the iceberg!

Reactions: 4