Waterloo Road

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s just not the same as old Waterloo road, it’s cringey and the acting is bad in my opinion. Why bring back a good thing just to butcher it.

Reactions: 7
Just finished it - it's definitely not the same as the old series but it's been a long time since the golden era of WR so the context is bound to be different. I don't think it was bad - just not the same. I do wish there had been more original characters but maybe if/when they do more they could bring a few old faces back. If only they didn't kill off Tom, would've loved to see him back

The school felt very small? Like scenes in hall as if that’s whole school if there’s sixth form too. Old WR was realistic with amount of extras it had.

Reactions: 13
The school felt very small? Like scenes in hall as if that’s whole school if there’s sixth form too. Old WR was realistic with amount of extras it had.
I noticed this too. Even the very first scene has loads of extras.
I wonder if we’ll get any pupils that are there for one episode storylines like before. Like Zoe Ramsden, Dale Baxter

Reactions: 2
I think part of the problem is that we keep seeing the same corridors and all of the classes seem to be based in one corridor

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know when more episodes will be released onto iPlayer?
They’ve said on their fb page some commented and asked when where will more episodes be added and they just said loads more episodes coming soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I can’t map the school in my head. Someone on FB said parts are filmed in a studio? I don’t know how true that is tho

Maybe second series they’ll have bigger budget more extras but the scenes in last episode the ‘school’ was in the hall. Looked about 30 of them too me, with all main cast who are in different years there you’d think theyd get more extras

I've just watched the first episode of the new series. I thought Angela Griffin was excellent as the new head, Kim Campbell.

Reactions: 3
Tina o Brien fuming at the headlines about Scarlet being casted being of Adam being her uncle

Tina o Brien fuming at the headlines about Scarlet being casted being of Adam being her uncle
I mean the family resemblance and connection must have helped but i'm sure she did audition and the article had a really bad tone about these very young children so I do get Tina defending her daughter. Also, ngl Izzie didn't have a separate storyline and wasn't a 'main character' as such, it wasn't overbearing and she mainly was supporting character to Donte's story and I think she's a decent actress herself anyway. Tommy barely even appeared in much of the series either so slating two kids was in poor taste (not that i expect much from the DM)

Reactions: 7
I've just watched the first episode of the new series. I thought Angela Griffin was excellent as the new head, Kim Campbell.
I agree, I didn't like Kim in earlier seasons but I love her as head!x

There would always be negative press about them casting two Thomas children.
Tommy was only in 2 episodes and was to be a nod to Tom clarkson. It worked IMO being Adam’s son he was relaxed with him and Scarlett (izzy).

Angela Griffin’s husband is in WR so wonder if they’ll be slating that too.

Reactions: 3
Tommy was only in 2 episodes and was to be a nod to Tom clarkson. It worked IMO being Adam’s son he was relaxed with him and Scarlett (izzy).

I also wondered if it helped during filming for covid restrictions if there’s any now, as they were from the same/ similar households?

After watching all of the new series (I won’t spoil it, I caught up with them all on iPlayer) I decided to rewatch the earlier episodes
I didn’t realise how much of an ar$3h0l3 Grantly was in series 1!
I began watching Waterloo road around series 8, and I remember loving grantly and being really sad when he died .. I don’t remember him being that nasty in the later series he was in?!

Reactions: 8

And Angela’s best friend