Waterloo Road

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished watching. Don’t want to give any spoilers but got to say I feel for Preston. He desperately needs someone to really SEE him and what he’s going through. And also I like Donte in this caretaker role

Reactions: 1
I’m halfway through episode 1 and I hate how obvious some of the issues they’re trying to address feel:
1. The whole conversation about white privilege. It felt shoved in just to be shoved in
2. I dislike that the LGBTQ+ person is always so obvious and extra. The pronoun question also felt a bit weird? Idk
3. Uniforms costing a lot of money. I’m sure they could have had a side character to explore this story with from the start?
The school also feels very small in comparison to the original series I think. There never seems to be that many students

Im on episode 4 but im loving it .however i dislike the teacher who caused the accident she annoys me .also what shes been in before ?

Reactions: 3
Just finished ep 4
It's definitely not the original but I acc do think it's alright. Donte has always been a favourite so his storylines interesting and vvv sad but glad he has a job now. Really feel for Kelly-Jo, her storyline is definitely one of the better ones imo. Preston's as well is really upsetting - as someone w ED experience is a little hard to watch at times but i think it's definitely a decent portrayal that i've seen and shows how you push people away. I do wish it was weekly eps instead of them being apl uploaded because I'll probably finish it by tomorrow

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So I started watching it tonight. I did such a stupid thing and for some reason watched episode 7 first - I don’t know how I did it but it is what is it. I was wondering why I was so lost!

I’ve also watched the first two episodes. Really liking it so far! Love they’re bringing up important issues and sharing multiple viewpoints really well.

by the end of episode two I can’t stand Kym marsh’s character or the OCD teacher.

I am liking Val, Wendy, Kelly-Jo, Preston, Tonya, Kai and the deputy head Joe.

So I started watching it tonight. I did such a stupid thing and for some reason watched episode 7 first - I don’t know how I did it but it is what is it. I was wondering why I was so lost!

I’ve also watched the first two episodes. Really liking it so far! Love they’re bringing up important issues and sharing multiple viewpoints really well.

by the end of episode two I can’t stand Kym marsh’s character or the OCD teacher.

I am liking Val, Wendy, Kelly-Jo, Preston, Tonya, Kai and the deputy head Joe.
I did the same thing! Worse part is a watch half of ep 7 twice before I realised my mistake. Bbc iplayer takes you to the newest episode not where you haven't watched.
I thought this is rubbish I've no idea what's going on. 😕🙈

Does anyone know when the next episodes will be released? I hope they're not just doing 7 at the start of each school term

I listened to a few episodes of the podcast last night and they said the whole season was on bbci player. I thought there would have been more than that in a season

According to the TV guide Tuesdays episode was 1 of 22.
Have they finished filming all of those episodes? Maybe that's why there's a delay

My other thought was that they're releasing them in small batches to see whether it's worth fully comitting to the show financially

Have they finished filming all of those episodes? Maybe that's why there's a delay

My other thought was that they're releasing them in small batches to see whether it's worth fully comitting to the show financially
This. OG Waterloo Road started with only 8 in series 1, worth seeing the feedback it gets before committing to more.

Why has Kim changed her accent? In the old ones she had a really strong Manchester accent now she seems to be a bit yorkshire

how the hell did any Thomas brother get PAID for “acting “

• Haha
Reactions: 3