Waterloo Road

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you compare it to the first episode of the original waterloo road, it was a bit shite. I feel like they definitely covered social issues and important topics in a much more interesting and entertaining way back in the day, rather than the whole plot of the episode being the kids protesting and throwing paint. That would’ve been one of many side plots in a proper episode. Felt more Ackley Bridge. Felt for Donte and the kids though - we should’ve got a few more episodes of Donte and Chlo :(

Reactions: 10
I really really really hope they don’t give Donte another love interest. At least not this soon 😢

Reactions: 4
Clearly much better than Waterloo Road has been for many years but still a big step down compared to up to when Rachel Mason was in charge.

Reactions: 6
I enjoyed the first episode. Playing I Predict a Riot during the first episode was a great touch. Shame about Chlo was hoping we'd get more but the episode exceeded my expectations. I really expected the worst. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 10
I enjoyed the first episode. Playing I Predict a Riot during the first episode was a great touch. Shame about Chlo was hoping we'd get more but the episode exceeded my expectations. I really expected the worst. :ROFLMAO:
I thought I was going to hate it but it was actually surprisingly good, I do feel Chloe deserved a better exit though

Reactions: 4
I want janeece to come back in future episodes and maybe organise a school reunion or something with donty and get alesha and danielle and all them back

Reactions: 5
I've just finished watching episode 2 gotta say I'm not impressed so far, will give it one more episode and if I'm still not feeling it won't bother to watch the rest. Definitely not the same as the old Waterloo Road here.

Reactions: 3
I've just finished watching episode 2 gotta say I'm not impressed so far, will give it one more episode and if I'm still not feeling it won't bother to watch the rest. Definitely not the same as the old Waterloo Road here.
It was never gonna be the same it first aired 16 years ago. Life has changed so has society. I think this new series is much better as it has more realistic storylines and more relatable characters.

Reactions: 9
It was never gonna be the same it first aired 16 years ago. Life has changed so has society. I think this new series is much better as it has more realistic storylines and more relatable characters.
Exactly this is what I keep telling people the original series finished years ago it’s obviously gonna be completely different. If your comparing it to the original of course your gonna be disappointed.

Sorry but don't share your opinions regardless if it was 16 years ago as 16 years ago couldn't wait to tune in.
Even the funeral wasn't even realistic no Dontae dad or Chlo real dad or even Mika at the funeral, also what was the point of bringing Chlo back to kill her off in the second episode.
But nevertheless will watch one more episode to see if I still share the same views.

Reactions: 2
Can someone explain that final scene to me, the one with Val. Feel like I missed something 🙄
Val's attempt to protect Danny by disposing of the weapon. I assume she managed to grab the knife whilst everyone was distracted, meaning no weapon will be found/linked to Danny. Will either backfire (can imagine someone else testifying about the knife) or get Danny off

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m really enjoying the new series. I’m glad it ended before as it was tired and getting ridiculous but this feels fresher and up to date with more current issues.

it’s not the same, but reboots never are! but this feels like one of the better ones

Reactions: 7
What an unlucky family…. First Izzy, then Tom, now Chlo, poor Mika is probably hiding away somewhere so the curse doesn’t hit her next! I know it’s just a tv show but why keep killing members of the same family!
It was the same with the Kellys, Sambuca died then her brother did, can’t remember his name. Plus the other brother was in prison for murder! These families have no luck at all lol
This has been bothering me for awhile, any family that has multiple connections to WR seems to get all killed off, the Barrys are lucky to have made it out alive.

Also laughed at Donte saying school was the best time of his life and he'd do it all again. Perhaps he has a memory problem as it was actually all a bit traumatic for him if you ask me

• Haha
Reactions: 13
ETA ignore me just watched more of the episode

Is anyone else suspicious about the history teacher? There’s something really off about the way he talks about his wife dying. At the group he said she died “of an illness” and any time Mr Casey brings it up he looks super awkward?

(I’ve just started ep 5)

Last edited:
This has been bothering me for awhile, any family that has multiple connections to WR seems to get all killed off, the Barrys are lucky to have made it out alive.

Also laughed at Donte saying school was the best time of his life and he'd do it all again. Perhaps he has a memory problem as it was actually all a bit traumatic for him if you ask me
Probably just remembering that it’s where he met Chlo…they seem to have had a fairytale ending (until she got killed off)

Reactions: 1