Waterloo Road

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm watching ep 1 now, the actress who plays chlo looks the same and so young still (she's 33 now) but I guess she did get pregnant at like 15 haha, the character is probably only supposed to be like 26-28

it's funny because in the first series the actors were actually mainly the same age as their characters, but as it got older they were using actors in their 20s eg when Tina O'brein was allegedly playing a teenager when we all knew she wasn't and roxanne palette was in it too when she was like 24 that's when I was like this isn't realistic anymore
I think it worked with Tina though because she’s always looked young.
She doesn’t look 39 now

Reactions: 2
I think it worked with Tina though because she’s always looked young.
She doesn’t look 39 now
i just think knowing that she was older put me off, most of the actors weren't well known or on other TV shows but yeah she did look young as did roxanne

after writing that comment I realised I'm 26 and I still look very close to how I did at 16 haha

I was just coming to say the same after the amount of tears i had from the old waterloo road i wasnt expecting the same from the first episode

Reactions: 1
i just finished ep 1

why would they do that? like i really don't understand what the point is of bringing back the characters and hyping them up, this is the first time we've seen them in 10+ years and we don't know what they've been up to just to do that? also how did she even die, I don't get it? honestly a really poor decision if I'm honest, no one is REALLY watching for all the new characters and storylines people wanted to see kim, chlo and donte if you're going to kill someone at least save that for the end of the series not ep 1, idk if they're relying on shock factor to get viewings but eh it's not good IMO I'm sure the know it's not going to be a popular decision to do that so early on

Reactions: 5
Wow didn’t realise all episodes would be uploaded today! Starting episode 1 now🤩

i just finished ep 1

why would they do that? like i really don't understand what the point is of bringing back the characters and hyping them up, this is the first time we've seen them in 10+ years and we don't know what they've been up to just to do that? also how did she even die, I don't get it? honestly a really poor decision if I'm honest, no one is REALLY watching for all the new characters and storylines people wanted to see kim, chlo and donte if you're going to kill someone at least save that for the end of the series not ep 1, idk if they're relying on shock factor to get viewings but eh it's not good IMO I'm sure the know it's not going to be a popular decision to do that so early on
I don’t get it either 🤷‍♀️

Can’t get over how donte and chlo look exactly the same 😆 I hope I don’t look the same as I did in school!!!

Reactions: 5
i just finished ep 1

I don’t understand it either.

I’m not sure if they wanted to do some sort of coming of age storyline for Donte 🙃 like he’s always relied on Chlo and not he can’t 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don’t understand it either.

I’m not sure if they wanted to do some sort of coming of age storyline for Donte 🙃 like he’s always relied on Chlo and not he can’t 🤷🏻‍♀️
considering everything the characters have been through it's just so meh, they've killed off some iconic characters in the past but like if they HAD to do that maybe save it until later on? I honestly think they're trying to get the viewings up and needed something shocking to get people watching and then will use it to explore their kids storylines, but i think it's a horrible idea

The 2nd episode cheered me up after the first episode slightly becasue of who comes back

I’m so annoyed poor Chlo! As if you wouldn’t go to hospital if you got hit by a car, haven’t we learned from Derek in greys anatomy to always get a head scan!!

Reactions: 3
I like Kim’s PA/school secretary - glad she’s not a spanner (thinking of Lorraine’s sister 🤒...)

My only complaint is that the cinematography is a bit jarring in places (lots of close-ups/blurring), so those first few establishing scenes lacked the punch of the original use of ‘I Predict a Riot’. Might be due to filming restrictions 🤷‍♀️ only halfway through ep. 1 though

Overall, incredibly glad to see the show back 💛

I remember when I was younger think I would sell my soul to look like Chlo :LOL:

Going to start tonight, looked on iPlayer, are there only 7 episodes this whole series or are they releasing them in batches?

Also wonder why they've relaunched it as series 1. Maybe to attract new viewers who then won't think they have to watch all previous 10 seasons :unsure:

I know it was announced ages ago but I'm so surprised Kim is back. Didn't think you could work in a school again after trafficking a child

I remember when I was younger think I would sell my soul to look like Chlo :LOL:

Going to start tonight, looked on iPlayer, are there only 7 episodes this whole series or are they releasing them in batches?

Also wonder why they've relaunched it as series 1. Maybe to attract new viewers who then won't think they have to watch all previous 10 seasons :unsure:

I know it was announced ages ago but I'm so surprised Kim is back. Didn't think you could work in a school again after trafficking a child
That is so weird on my Apple TV app it says series 11 but bbc iPlayer says series 1

Attachments

I did not need another show to watcb but couldnt help starting ep 1. On now.

Im on episode 5 I’m loving it so far I feel like there is someone everyone can relate too and like the fact that it is tackling real issues

Reactions: 4
What I prefer about this series compared to the previous 10 is there not throwing new random storylines in half way through a really big one, that always put me off