Wagatha Christie Trial - Rebekah Vardy vs Coleen Rooney

Who's team?

• Team Vardy

Votes: 31 3.5%
  • Team Rooney

Votes: 862 96.5%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think one of these has been created yet? Anyhoo, creating this for trial updates which begins tomorrow

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Does anyone else think it's extremely convenient that Vardy's agent's phone (with incriminating messages on it) "accidentally" ended up in the North Sea.......

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 143
I am so here for this - great gap filler from JD & AH!

Very much to me looks like Vardy is throwing her agent pal under the bus!

Reactions: 61
Does anyone else think it's extremely convenient that Vardy's agent's phone (with incriminating messages on it) "accidentally" ended up in the North Sea.......
Oh 100%! Especially when you read those texts that they sent to each other. Vardy is a horrible woman. She must be thick as tit too - filing for the lawsuit when so much evidence points directly to her.

Reactions: 76
I suspect this won't be the only random convenient fact to come out of the trial this week!

Reactions: 37
Oh 100%! Especially when you read those texts that they sent to each other. Vardy is a horrible woman. She must be thick as tit too - filing for the lawsuit when so much evidence points directly to her.
The boat she was travelling on hit a "large wave" lol so many questions.. Wtf would she be doing in the North Sea anyway? Going to the Arctic Circle?

• Haha
Reactions: 55
have to say, whoever came up with wagatha christie is a genius, makes me laugh every time I read it!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 97
The Guardian is giving the edge to Vardy on the technicality that theres no evidence to prove it which seems a bit mad considering that all the evidence has disappeared in suspicious circumstances.

Colleen is supposedly making a Netflix doc and RV is supposed to be doing an exclusive with Piers Morgan https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...mentary-Rebekah-Vardy-talks-Piers-Morgan.html

Cannot wait for the trial to start, I'm still hoping CR wins

Reactions: 43
It’s ridiculous! Not only that but her IT expert forgot his password so that data also conveniently became unavailable. Everywhere that evidence would likely be suffered a mishap. She must think everyone is stupid. It’s so obvious!
But even if she wins on a technicality (because she destroyed evidence), everyone knows what she is. The messages where she was trying to sell stories on Danny Drinkwater show that she is exactly what Coleen exposed her as.
I saw her on the jungle and she really is just unpleasant and up herself.

Reactions: 60
It’s ridiculous! Not only that but her IT expert forgot his password so that data also conveniently became unavailable. Everywhere that evidence would likely be suffered a mishap. She must think everyone is stupid. It’s so obvious!
But even if she wins on a technicality (because she destroyed evidence), everyone knows what she is. The messages where she was trying to sell stories on Danny Drinkwater show that she is exactly what Coleen exposed her as.
I saw her on the jungle and she really is just unpleasant and up herself.
I'm no legal expert so please correct me anyone if I'm way off here, but surely what they've done with the phone/passwords is perverting the course of justice? Is that still applicable in a libel case? I find it mad that they can brazenly thwart the trial by destroying or just not handing over evidence by forgetting a password so the trial goes in Vardy's favour?!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I'm no legal expert so please correct me anyone if I'm way off here, but surely what they've done with the phone/passwords is perverting the course of justice? Is that still applicable in a libel case? I find it mad that they can brazenly thwart the trial by destroying or just not handing over evidence by forgetting a password so the trial goes in Vardy's favour?!
Something similar happened in the Jack Monroe vs Katie Hopkins case.

Jack was (almost certainly falsely) claiming that she’d received a lot of online abuse as a result of Katie Hopkin’s tweet that confused her with Laurie Penny (a woke woman who supported vandalising war memorials).

The trial was about this accidental misidentification tweet and Hopkins subsequent inadequate apology and correction.

Anyway Jack had deleted loads of evidence so that there was no proof either way if she’d received abuse. She also deleted some of the tweets that showed her to be gleeful about the prospect of suing Hopkins. Additionally she admitted using a deletion app, and having many sock puppet accounts.

Despite this, the judge found in her favour, and said that in the future clients need to be advised to not delete evidence, as if Jack didn’t know exactly what she was doing. Also, all deleted tweets are recoverable from your Twitter account, you can download an archive.

She got away with one hell of a lot during that case, and she won by the skin of her teeth.
I firmly believe that Katie Hopkins only lost because of being a hate-figure while Jack is a “good” figure (she’s actually evil), and because the judge was angry at Katie’s arrogance and contempt by not turning up to court.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Do we know of, or care to predict, any witnesses that may be called?

Reactions: 5
Really hope Colleen wins. Vardy is just raging her credibility is fucked when she's trying to sell stories in future. She's just lost her earning potential. 🙄

Reactions: 52
Do we know of, or care to predict, any witnesses that may be called?
For Vardy possible Dan Wootton despise the man, Nicola McClean, court docs mention a row with Danielle Lloyd… but ultimately I think it will all be pinned on the agent… but I don’t think there will be any clear winner… I think Vardy will always be associated with Wagatha

Reactions: 15
For Vardy possible Dan Wootton despise the man, Nicola McClean, court docs mention a row with Danielle Lloyd… but ultimately I think it will all be pinned on the agent… but I don’t think there will be any clear winner… I think Vardy will always be associated with Wagatha
For me Coleen has already won. She may lose money but she’s already proven publicly that RV was selling stories on her husbands colleagues and their wives. RV has actually cemented Coleens opinion of her as fact by having it all come out in court.

• Heart
Reactions: 86
The Guardian is giving the edge to Vardy on the technicality that theres no evidence to prove it which seems a bit mad considering that all the evidence has disappeared in suspicious circumstances.

Colleen is supposedly making a Netflix doc and RV is supposed to be doing an exclusive with Piers Morgan https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...mentary-Rebekah-Vardy-talks-Piers-Morgan.html

Cannot wait for the trial to start, I'm still hoping CR wins
I find it quite laughable the article above is written by Alison Boshoff who clearly favours Vardy listen to the BBC Sounds Wagatha podcast she has plenty to say in defence of Vardy..
I hope the Judge calls them out big time about the frivolous drama this has been, I find Vardy quite calculating, either way both are probably doing to interviews for the cash, however I suspect Colleen maybe the biggest person and donate her fee to charity

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.