Wagatha Christie Trial - Rebekah Vardy vs Coleen Rooney #3 Coleen Rooney wins!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's almost too delicious that this doc was released just after that bleeping awful Beckham one. Granted the source material is much better with Coleen but still it was done well and just about the right length - which is pretty rare these days with streaming services padding out stuff with so much crap. Especially netflix.

I think Vardy should have a case against her for all the stuff that went missing during the court case. Surely everyone could say they dropped their phone in the ocean or the laptop broke to hide evidence?
I think that is what finally sunk her ship for the last time. all the tampering of evidence. God she is an idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I don't know what she expected to achieve by going ahead with a court case, in the first place. I haven't watched the documentary but as far as I remember CR had offered to settle the whole thing, more than once.

But RV must have thought she would look like the wronged heroine sweeping in and out of court in various outfits and enjoying the publicity. 🤷‍♀️ And that she would win, of course.

One of my favourite exchanges during the case: 😁
Rebekah Vardy: ‘…..if I’m being honest’
Coleen Rooney’s lawyer: (sounding exasperated) ‘I would hope you’re being honest given you’re sitting in a witness box at the High Court’

• Haha
Reactions: 45
The whole case does show how ridiculous the laws are. It really shouldn't have cost millions to decide, but no one will want to reform the system while people make millions from it. Should be an eBay type resolutions system to decide cases and not let it spiral like this.

The libal laws in England seem very out of date. If it was in the states then vardy would of had to prove that it wasn't her account. So she wouldn't have continued.

This case was silly as all that was at stake is reputation and money. But imagine if vardy had of gone after someone without the resources, they'd not stand a chance even if they were clearly in the right ethically and legally.

Reactions: 17
The amount of money wasted on this ridiculousness. And for a long time this was the biggest news going.
I wonder if Vardy is ever going to pay up?

Reactions: 13
I never understand how people with millions in assets manage to go bankrupt, hold on to their home and walk away from their debts while still having money. Even if Coleen doesn't need the money and it'll be a burden on the vardys she definitely should chase it. It's about principles rather than the cash.
I think that is what finally sunk her ship for the last time. all the tampering of evidence. God she is an idiot.
She should be prosecuted for all this clearly tampering of evidence, seeing as people in England have gone to prison over lying about who was driving to avoid points.

Reactions: 27
I never understand how people with millions in assets manage to go bankrupt, hold on to their home and walk away from their debts while still having money. Even if Coleen doesn't need the money and it'll be a burden on the vardys she definitely should chase it. It's about principles rather than the cash.

She should be prosecuted for all this clearly tampering of evidence, seeing as people in England have gone to prison over lying about who was driving to avoid points.
This 💯 💯💯
She is shamefully guilty of a few things, here. She should have to answer for them.

Reactions: 15
I'm a bit conflicted tbh. She won the case, everyone knows the truth. This all seems slightly uneccessary. Sometimes in life it's better to just move on, and if you can take the moral high-ground. But that's just me. Vardy also scares me, it's my unprofessional medical opinion that she presents some serious borderline personality disorders, I wouldn't really want to be antagonising a person like that. I think the lesson overall I take from all this ... Don't piss off a scouse girl! ;)
I think she has spent so much of her life keeping silent and taking the high road, that when it came to someone trying to screw her over directly she was like f%&* this and just went for it. Then Vardy still denying everything was probably another incentive to do the doc, there's the money too. It's probably one of the few times she has brought in a substantial amount of money for herself and honestly I got sooooo much enjoyment out of the whole story i'd happily throw her a fiver myself to hear the full story :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Sorry if this has been discussed before but did Vardy pay any of the cost she was ordered to?
She had to pay 800k by Nov 22, then she was arguing over Coleen’s lawyers bill. Can she just not pay with no consequences?

Reactions: 4
Sorry if this has been discussed before but did Vardy pay any of the cost she was ordered to?
She had to pay 800k by Nov 22, then she was arguing over Coleen’s lawyers bill. Can she just not pay with no consequences?
Don’t think she has,I maybe wrong.

Reactions: 3
Must be killing Vardy all this positive attention Colleen is getting!

Reactions: 19
Presumably she'll have to pay something eventually, but with the amounts involved it'll carry on for a good while longer with all the disagreements and disputes.

I don't think Coleen will start letting her off the charges like £300 breakfasts at nobu and will want it 90% paid for. Which in fairness probably is right as you start letting her off for things and who knows where it will end.

Reactions: 9
Trouble is earning the money to pay her. No one is interested in paying her big bucks for anything (and she’s already done the reality tv rounds anyway) and Jamie is coming to the end of his career where his earnings will fall off a Cliff. They will need to have some good investments just to maintain their current lifestyle, never mind pay out a bulk for Coleen

Reactions: 7
If the result had been the other way round, Vardy would have been demanding that money and never let it rest.

I really enjoyed the documentary, and after being here live for the trial and getting all the info it was still amazing all the stuff that was ‘lost’ and that her PA women got off scott free.

How Vardy even has any time of ‘career’ still???

Reactions: 11
Saw the Daily Fail article today about her burning through the money Jamie is earning. I asked out loud (hypothetically) why he is still with her.

My husband's reply - "I bet she takes it up the Gary"

:cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Saw the Daily Fail article today about her burning through the money Jamie is earning. I asked out loud (hypothetically) why he is still with her.

My husband's reply - "I bet she takes it up the Gary"

:cautious:
And what’s with the naked photos? 😂🙈

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.