Vonny Leclerc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you are a secular converted Jew, would you do 25 hours of fasting for Yom Kippur? I don't think there is any harm in exploring other religions and seeing things from the perspective of others but, this is next level. She could have just said she's interested in learning more about the religion. Might have lead to more content for her column and BBC The Social :ROFLMAO: 'Vonny's Lives'

Enjoyed Jay Rayner getting up in her secular Jewish niche this weekend: https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...e-claudia-roden-majestic-book-ofn-jewish-food

Looking forward to elements of this article making its way into her cosplay just like Unorthodox did.

Reactions: 16
If she wasn't vegan, vegetarian, vegan I could see her re-enacting the beginning of the Mrs Maisel pilot episode, where Midge bursts into the butcher shouting 'We did it, we've got the coming Rabbi for dinner at Yom Kippur. I need your best brisket!'

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh was this the one where the person replied “Exactly, Jewish, so white then.”??

Remembwr seeing things like that around the time she got kicked out of/ abandoned her anti racist Scotland page
I can't even remember tbh! Meanwhile, here's the one I was actually looking for, Vonny dressing up as "the badass woman who saved the Jews" after self identifying as Jewish for all of 5 minutes.

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 17.23.39.png

Bonus extra:

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 21.34.37.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
This tweet predates her 'Jewishness' and says she's done genealogical research into her (paternal) family, directly contradicting the 'lots to unpick' tweet.

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 14.29.29.png

(Apparently her family owned the whole of the west end of Glasgow, or something).

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 07.25.47.png

ETA "the Partick of Byre" in the first screenshot is a nonsensical phrase. Does she mean the byres of Partick? Who knows. When she first started working through in Glasgow, she described everywhere in the west end, from Queen Margaret Drive to Park Circus, as "Kelvinside".
Further ETA - sorry about this, uh, ~granular~ take on the geography of Glasgow, it's just she was acting like the expert in all things Glasgow when she started working here and was getting really basic stuff completely wrong. Park Circus isn't Kelvinside you dolt.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Aww duck sake did you nip a boy at your gran’s caravan too Vonny?! DID YOU?! Constant bloody fantasies.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This tweet predates her 'Jewishness' and says she's done genealogical research into her (paternal) family, directly contradicting the 'lots to unpick' tweet.

View attachment 413490

(Apparently her family owned the whole of the west end of Glasgow, or something).

View attachment 413510

ETA "the Partick of Byre" in the first screenshot is a nonsensical phrase. Does she mean the byres of Partick? Who knows. When she first started working through in Glasgow, she described everywhere in the west end, from Queen Margaret Drive to Park Circus, as "Kelvinside".
Further ETA - sorry about this, uh, ~granular~ take on the geography of Glasgow, it's just she was acting like the expert in all things Glasgow when she started working here and was getting really basic stuff completely wrong. Park Circus isn't Kelvinside you dolt.
For some reason this is the stuff that has made me laugh the most. Your family owned the West End? DID YE AYE? But you don’t know anything about anyone beyond your immediate grandparents? It’s like the kind of chat you‘d get in a gaff at 5am at a Glasgow uni after party back in the day.
One of my theories about the Judaism thing since we know that so much of what she does is related to her aesthetic:
Perhaps she believes that her dark striking looks and bold features fit with the (entirely stereotypical) view of what Jewish women/Jewish beauty look like? Not agreeing with this stereotype at all but this struck me when she first starting going on about it. As a child, I found the Jewish faith fascinating (and still do) and I find so much about the culture appealing. But any conversion to a religion is surely based on a discovering of faith and, in this case, a relationship with God? My bet is that she will re-convert back to Catholicism since they are the group that statistically suffer the most hate crime in Scotland (I’m not a Catholic btw).

• Haha
Reactions: 23
One of my theories about the Judaism thing since we know that so much of what she does is related to her aesthetic:
Perhaps she believes that her dark striking looks and bold features fit with the (entirely stereotypical) view of what Jewish women/Jewish beauty look like?
I don't have the screenshot to hand right now, but a few years ago on Facebook - long before her non-conversion - she described one of her children as having [SPOILER antisemitic content] "Jew-curls".

• Wow
Reactions: 18
She must be completely exhausted being all these different people. Exhausts me reading about it.

her family owned the West End is a belter though :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can confirm she has introduced herself in a professional capacity as a “pagan secular Jew”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.