Vonny Leclerc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe this is stating the obvious but it doesnā€™t seem to me as if there is actually a ā€œreal Vonnyā€...she seems to construct a semblance of a personality from external props, books she reads (or claims to), clothes, husbands etc etc but I canā€™t tell if there is actually a genuine person underneath that at all apart from a basic drive towards attention. Itā€™s just like... pure ego

I kind of imagine her soul as like the Eye of Sauron in the lord of the rings, searching for the closest source of praise/ congratulation/recognition/sympathy
Lord of the mood rings.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
It's slightly surprising that people try to pull stunts like this in Scotland, there's so few of us that there's only about two degrees of separation.

I suppose I'm basing this on the assumption that Von is normal, and not as mad as a box of frogs.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
So I know a colleague of hers when she was working at the Forestry place doing content (sounds like she was at vintage/steam punk stage?) and I know that she basically jumped before she was pushed from that job. She apparently worked from home all the time but seemed to be spending most of it writing her columns as didnā€™t engage with her actual job or have a clue what was going on, even though she previously found it so overwhelmingly busy that she asked for the role split in two. After a change in boss realised she was doing sod all, she left work crying that she couldnā€™t deal with this anymore, went off with stress and then left for the BBC. This was all while writing op-eds about her ability to provide idyllic cookie-baking mum moments to her kids while bossing her job with remote working šŸ˜†

Btw, can anyone remember that she was actually at the pub the day before getting Covid, but later went mental at an anti-lockdown guy because apparently she has barely left the house before catching it and had religiously disinfected her office using her indie-sustainable antibacterial spray?
I was out for drinks with a friend at Kelvingrove Cafe bar in mid-March. She was there with a group - it's a smallish venue and I recognised her from Twitter. At the time I don't think 'social distancing' had been brought into the vernacular yet and it was a bar, so everyone squished together as you would expect. I think shortly after that she said she got COVID, but I haven't had Twitter for some time so those of you who are more across it would know.

Reactions: 7
I was out for drinks with a friend at Kelvingrove Cafe bar in mid-March. She was there with a group - it's a smallish venue and I recognised her from Twitter. At the time I don't think 'social distancing' had been brought into the vernacular yet and it was a bar, so everyone squished together as you would expect. I think shortly after that she said she got COVID, but I haven't had Twitter for some time so those of you who are more across it would know.
Itā€™s so squashed in there, imagine her having to squash in šŸ™„

@Limey totally agree, such a small place, as this forum has proved with the amount of people who have already posted and are about 1 degree away!

Reactions: 13
This thread is unreal, spent a whole night reading the lot, so many twists and turns. I've been aware of Vonny's identity-hopping for a while but it's wild to see it all laid out together. I really feel for her kids, and I hope somehow eventually she manages to get & accept help.

I wish I could find the old CV of hers that was kicking about on some website which had reference to all the various supposed degrees in a range of subjects she had completed. I once had a brief argument with her on twitter when she was in her radfem phase because she had been claiming that she was an expert on the biological basis of sex/gender because she had a biology degree and I linked the freely available CV to her which showed the degree she said she had was something to do with the biology of trees (around the time she had the forestry comms job I think) and firstly she claimed she hadn't made the CV and said it was some website that basically autofilled things from other websites (I did not buy that at all) and secondly claimed that the tree biology thing did qualify her as an expert on human biology and gender which was real galaxybrain stuff.

I'm glad she's seen the light now re: the trans debate (and I called it well in advance that she would eventually come out as non-binary!) but I found this video which I think is interesting. I haven't watched it all but it seems everything she's saying is reasonable, but I think it's noteworthy that Trans Day of Visibility takes place on 31st March, when she would have been in the throes of the worst of her debilitating case of Covid, but well you can judge for yourself whether she seems fatigued and breathless in this 35 minute interview...

Quote from the Atlantic: "For Vonny LeClerc, day one was March 16 ... After a week of bed rest, she started improving. But on day 12, every old symptom returned, amplified and with reinforcements: She spiked an intermittent fever, lost her sense of taste and smell, and struggled to breathe."
(Day 12 would be 27th March)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
It's slightly surprising that people try to pull stunts like this in Scotland, there's so few of us that there's only about two degrees of separation.

I suppose I'm basing this on the assumption that Von is normal, and not as mad as a box of frogs.
i agree!
Iā€™ve know of her since about 2007 as folk I went to school with were in her class at Napier. She ended up dropping out but Iā€™ve followed her since then. She seemed so cool so me but over the years...well...aye.

re: the irn bru pics - they were still on that website about 2 days ago when I found this page and googled as I hadnā€™t seen them and Iā€™m a nosy cow. So theyā€™ve been removed in the last 48 hours which makes me assume she has done it but why just those ones??

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I work with a woman similar to her. Sheā€™s harmless in comparison but my god sheā€™s a chronic, compulsive, completely pointless, no benefit liar. About everything. Absolutely everything. Then when sheā€™s questioned sheā€™s got an answer for everything and will fully look you in the eye believing her own lies. Any glaring inconsistencies she will gaslight you into believing they donā€™t exist. Itā€™s scary to be around when you step back and look at the person.

I also know another woman whoā€™s changed her whole entire being so many times (usually for / as a result of / suspiciously surrounding men) and acts like nothing is ever different. Sheā€™s screwed a lot of people over in a number of ways and each time the heat has come to her door an online declaration of what she describes as trouble and strife appears. Coming out as queer, substance abuse, ADHD, parental abuse, a lot more. Sheā€™s like a combination of the two.

Reactions: 11
This thread is unreal, spent a whole night reading the lot, so many twists and turns. I've been aware of Vonny's identity-hopping for a while but it's wild to see it all laid out together. I really feel for her kids, and I hope somehow eventually she manages to get & accept help.

I wish I could find the old CV of hers that was kicking about on some website which had reference to all the various supposed degrees in a range of subjects she had completed. I once had a brief argument with her on twitter when she was in her radfem phase because she had been claiming that she was an expert on the biological basis of sex/gender because she had a biology degree and I linked the freely available CV to her which showed the degree she said she had was something to do with the biology of trees (around the time she had the forestry comms job I think) and firstly she claimed she hadn't made the CV and said it was some website that basically autofilled things from other websites (I did not buy that at all) and secondly claimed that the tree biology thing did qualify her as an expert on human biology and gender which was real galaxybrain stuff.

I'm glad she's seen the light now re: the trans debate (and I called it well in advance that she would eventually come out as non-binary!) but I found this video which I think is interesting. I haven't watched it all but it seems everything she's saying is reasonable, but I think it's noteworthy that Trans Day of Visibility takes place on 31st March, when she would have been in the throes of the worst of her debilitating case of Covid, but well you can judge for yourself whether she seems fatigued and breathless in this 35 minute interview...

Quote from the Atlantic: "For Vonny LeClerc, day one was March 16 ... After a week of bed rest, she started improving. But on day 12, every old symptom returned, amplified and with reinforcements: She spiked an intermittent fever, lost her sense of taste and smell, and struggled to breathe."

Ew. I canā€™t even. This all makes me feel bleeping sick to the pit of my stomach. No signs of breathlessness. Nothing. I canā€™t even listen to her saying things about her gender purely to make herself relevant. How does she have the nerve to do this while sitting talking to two trans women? Itā€™s sick.

Reactions: 4
My first internet home!

Tbf this could have been done weeks before TDoV.

So sheā€™s non binary too ? Of course she is šŸ˜† women who are non binary go and get massive breast implants all the time šŸ§

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Tbf this could have been done weeks before TDoV.
It definitely happened live on the 31st - it was an all night livestream with various guests, all the parts are on the host's Youtube.

Here is the opening video which confirms that it was live

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Maybe this is stating the obvious but it doesnā€™t seem to me as if there is actually a ā€œreal Vonnyā€...she seems to construct a semblance of a personality from external props, books she reads (or claims to), clothes, husbands etc etc but I canā€™t tell if there is actually a genuine person underneath that at all apart from a basic drive towards attention. Itā€™s just like... pure ego

I kind of imagine her soul as like the Eye of Sauron in the lord of the rings, searching for the closest source of praise/ congratulation/recognition/sympathy
Lord of the mood rings to quote @adeledelano
Screenshot_20210130-122322_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think it's noteworthy that Trans Day of Visibility takes place on 31st March, when she would have been in the throes of the worst of her debilitating case of Covid, but well you can judge for yourself whether she seems fatigued and breathless in this 35 minute interview...
I like the bit at the start, where she does a little cough when they ask her how she is

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Lord of the mood rings to quote @adeledelano
View attachment 410096
šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ˜­

Bets on her learning to speak Elvish at some point? Or has that possibility passed with the Pagan phase?

I like the bit at the start, where she does a little cough when they ask her how she is
Have we covered her venture into ASMR/voice of a generation podcast ā€œCorona Diariesā€? She seems to think all the millions of internet pages of coronavirus are an insufficient historical record and that future generations would need her account to truly understand pandemic times, a la Samuel Pepys.

It definitely happened live on the 31st - it was an all night livestream with various guests, all the parts are on the host's Youtube.

Here is the opening video which confirms that it was live

I love when they ask her to introduce herself and she says ā€œChrist where do I even begin with thatā€ šŸ˜‚ what a Freudian slip. Also thatā€™s sheā€™s 8 minutes late and totally casual about it

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
That Coronadiaries thing was recorded on March the 16th - the day she says is Day 1 of her getting COVID in the Atlantic article. And yet she doesn't mention feeling ill in it šŸ¤”

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.