Vonny Leclerc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can confirm she has introduced herself in a professional capacity as a “pagan secular Jew”
Not just "the only Jew in the newsroom"; the only pagan secular Jew in the newsroom.

ETA for clarity, Vonny described herself as "the only Jew in the newsroom" when she was working for The Nine, it's not my description!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
My bet is that she will re-convert back to Catholicism since they are the group that statistically suffer the most hate crime in Scotland (I’m not a Catholic btw).
But when it is pointed out to her that Catholics are proportionally the most likely group to commit a hate crime, she will quickly morph into a Rastafarian.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Why isn't just being Catholic enough for Vonny? Angela Haggerty has based an entire career off of being called an anti-Catholic slur.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Why isn't just being Catholic enough for Vonny? Angela Haggerty has based an entire career off of being called an anti-Catholic slur.
She floats between being Irish and being Catholic as to how she suffers discrimination. She seems to cast out bigotry bait from time to time to ensure she suffers abuse and keeps herself relevant. And the abuse is vile, but she revels in it.

Reactions: 8
I love the absolute zero interest she shows in the other person’s story. Everything is an excuse to talk more about herself

Would love to let her know the slurs you get in a Scottish school when you’re English during an independence referendum

So has the catholic, pagan, secular Jew, feminist , vegan, working class, multiple degree holding scientist, journalist web designer, autistic adhd working class owning half of Glasgow covid catching pretentious coo no social media oresence anymore?
Twitter, IG etc all gone??

Last edited:
So has the catholic, pagan, secular Jew, feminist , vegan, working class, multiple degree holding scientist, journalist web designer, autistic adhd working class owning half of Glasgow covid catching pretentious coo no social media oresence anymore?
You missed atheist.

Amazingly she was an atheist too at one stage, describing herself and her previous beau as two “godless heathens” planning a wedding.

But yes, she seems to have deleted the lot.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
You missed atheist.

Amazingly she was an atheist too at one stage, describing herself and her previous beau as two “godless heathens” planning a wedding.

But yes, she seems to have deleted the lot.
So has the catholic, atheist, pagan, secular Jew, feminist , vegan, working class, multiple degree holding scientist, journalist web designer, autistic adhd working class owning half of Glasgow covid catching pretentious coo no social media oresence anymore?

Corrected!!! Sure Ive missed a few more.

Reactions: 6
For some reason this is the stuff that has made me laugh the most. Your family owned the West End? DID YE AYE? But you don’t know anything about anyone beyond your immediate grandparents? It’s like the kind of chat you‘d get in a gaff at 5am at a Glasgow uni after party back in the day.
One of my theories about the Judaism thing since we know that so much of what she does is related to her aesthetic:
Perhaps she believes that her dark striking looks and bold features fit with the (entirely stereotypical) view of what Jewish women/Jewish beauty look like? Not agreeing with this stereotype at all but this struck me when she first starting going on about it. As a child, I found the Jewish faith fascinating (and still do) and I find so much about the culture appealing. But any conversion to a religion is surely based on a discovering of faith and, in this case, a relationship with God? My bet is that she will re-convert back to Catholicism since they are the group that statistically suffer the most hate crime in Scotland (I’m not a Catholic btw).
This is such a good point - has anyone, amidst all her posts claiming a cultural and even at times ethnic Jewish identity despite all evidence to the contrary, ever actually heard or seen her talk about her belief in/relationship to God? Or even mention God at all? My feeling would be that would be the central defining factor in a choice to convert to a completely new religion, but what do I know.

The tweet where she basically says it's white supremacy that no one wants to hang out with her for Jewish holidays during lockdown/at all is wild btw. I know she is making a wider point about Christmas being the exception but it's just incredible that she thinks she can frame herself as a victim of white supremacy.

Reactions: 12
This is such a good point - has anyone, amidst all her posts claiming a cultural and even at times ethnic Jewish identity despite all evidence to the contrary, ever actually heard or seen her talk about her belief in/relationship to God? Or even mention God at all? My feeling would be that would be the central defining factor in a choice to convert to a completely new religion, but what do I know.

The tweet where she basically says it's white supremacy that no one wants to hang out with her for Jewish holidays during lockdown/at all is wild btw. I know she is making a wider point about Christmas being the exception but it's just incredible that she thinks she can frame herself as a victim of white supremacy.
In my experience people like Vonny have exceptionally undiverse circles of aquaintances, usually confined to other white middle class British people...and if that’s who happens to be around you then that’s fine but don’t then try and position yourself as outside the dominant demographics, how laughable 🙈

Doesnt help that she seems to see any minority identity as a prop...gives me real Stepmother from Fleabag vibes. If you actually hang out with immigrants as genuine friends you soon find out that they generally bloody hate/find hilarious Vonnys victimy woke schtick

Reactions: 16

This article last year from the New York Times about Jewishness and whiteness makes an interesting point:
“Although you clearly disapprove of the privilege that comes with white skin in our society, your refusing the word “white” won’t increase the chance that you’ll be discriminated against or decrease the chance that Black people will be. Being white is not just a matter of identifying as white; it involves being treated as white, and that isn’t up to you. So, however you think of yourself, your whiteness is doing work in social life.”

It’s incredible that a white, middle class, able bodied woman can claim this oppression. I haven’t added cisgender and straight to the list but if she is non binary, she has certainly benefited from the privileges that presenting as straight and cis bring.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This article last year from the New York Times about Jewishness and whiteness makes an interesting point:
“Although you clearly disapprove of the privilege that comes with white skin in our society, your refusing the word “white” won’t increase the chance that you’ll be discriminated against or decrease the chance that Black people will be. Being white is not just a matter of identifying as white; it involves being treated as white, and that isn’t up to you. So, however you think of yourself, your whiteness is doing work in social life.”

It’s incredible that a white, middle class, able bodied woman can claim this oppression. I haven’t added cisgender and straight to the list but if she is non binary, she has certainly benefited from the privileges that presenting as straight and cis bring.
She should stop talking about either oppression or privilege, she’s clearly incapable of talking on either topic without using it to make herself look as great as possible....Although I do enjoy her “Foucaudian discourses” for sheer hirality

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh dear goodness, I can see it now. The newly befriended poor sod from Nextdoor Hyndland having to sit in a west end cafe, listening to her prattle on about actually owning all of it.

Would love to know if anyone actually had a play date with her bullied children after her post.

Reactions: 6
In my experience people like Vonny have exceptionally undiverse circles of aquaintances, usually confined to other white middle class British people...and if that’s who happens to be around you then that’s fine but don’t then try and position yourself as outside the dominant demographics, how laughable 🙈

Doesnt help that she seems to see any minority identity as a prop...gives me real Stepmother from Fleabag vibes. If you actually hang out with immigrants as genuine friends you soon find out that they generally bloody hate/find hilarious Vonnys victimy woke schtick

She claims to always be at Shul.... hasnt she made any Jewish friends whom she can eat donuts/latkes with, spin the dreidl? Bake and eat hammans ears at purim? Drink sweet kosher wine with? Oy vey!!
Her seder will be nominal at passover. Shes a bleeping fraud!!! If she wants to make aliyah one day she best get jiggy with it cause so far she aint gonna be an olim. Folks in israel gonna be checking on her if she puts in an application... no Tel Aviv for you vontwat!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I've known Dougie since 2009ish and was involved with him on and off for several years. We never saw each other as relationship material, and although I felt unfairly treated by him, I guess I was OK with being involved as a "friend with benefits." He was pretty into the idea of polyamory when I was seeing him, but I wasn't up for it. I don't know if he had any openly polyamorous relationships, but know he cheated on a gf with me. I was surprised when he changed his Facebook status to "engaged" to Vonny about a month after officially announcing their relationship on Facebook. I got in touch with him as I was concerned about him after doing some Google searching to find out who Vonny was. Needless to say, I very quickly saw through her and contacted him out of concern to ask him to be careful. He promptly blocked me and I haven't heard from him since. I can't see things lasting between them. Seems like there will be a lot of drama and points of conflict. Watch this space...
Gosh!! So sorry you went through this and have been blocked for trying to be a good friend!
I know that Vonny is into the Polyamory thing and her marriage to the guy from Echo Arcadia was polyamorous for quite a while as I dated him (after they seperated) and he was really into it still and went into way too much detail about his polyamoyrous exploits with vonny! I realised its a bit of a "community" and she likes to consider herself in the heart of it all. Unsurprisingly.

Reactions: 17
No mate, I know who you mean. This was the Indy ref darling one, the one with the whiff, looks like a young Karl Kennedy from neighbours. That may or may not have been the attraction I leave that to your imagination 😂. Ism a woman of a certain age to have been moved bydtjarl shall we say 😂 YouTube will help you out. (Dried fruit go straight) I actually had no idea that’s who he was til I was pretty deep in it. I work in a pretty mainstream industry doing mainstream stuff and had no idea who or what he was until post first date. It didn’t really go beyond second date 😂

Whiff! I mean quiff! He smelt fine, slightly of tenants but if you’re Scottish thats to be expected. that’s the only only good thing I have to say about him 😂😂😂

Also should be moved by dr karl! I bet I’m not the only one - really need my nails done, then I could type properly 😂

Also I would say the only things I know about her are from this thread, or from stalking in which I have not taken receipts although my favourite was when she said her dogs (now given away?!) liked belle and Sebastian😂 I told my cousins who ended themselves and now we say “your da’s dogs like belle and Sebastian” rather than yer da sells
Avon 😂 we also joke that we were round her backgarden with dog biscuits giving it holding back the years and now her dogs like simply red 😂😂😂 but that’s just nonsense to make us laugh! We have no idea where she lives
delurking to say that I've spent a good hour trying to work this out and I'm still none the wiser. We (I) need more clues!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.