Vonny Leclerc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When she was at the BBC, her contract was to edit other people's reports and post shortened versions on social media, ie a multiplatform content editor which is a technical post. It was Vonny who puffed her work as "journalism" to her followers.
She did do a few reports of her own - one on open water swimming I recall, think there were others. Not exactly groundbreaking stuff but she did get out to film items.
And let’s not forget her Hidden Lives documentaries - how did she wangle her way into those? I have often wondered this. Like all her “journalism”, these all had the uncanny knack of somehow being about her, but she must have charmed someone somewhere to get to do those. Interestingly, I know some of the Edinburgh roller derby girls who were incredulous at her portraying herself as some top ex player in her program - apparently she was awful and was involved with the sport for about 5 mins.
Her official job title at the BBC was “multimedia journalist”. This was in the staff directory. Make of that what you will.

When she got the job at the BBC, that was when she spent the first couple of weeks posting selfies from ambulances complaining about allergic reactions from the BBC canteen, and also started the whole ubergoth/tarot schtick. Her colleagues must have been wondering how the hell she got hired. Mortifying behaviour.
She was also taking photos in morning conference and posting these on twitter, during her first week. This did not go down well.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
And let’s not forget her Hidden Lives documentaries - how did she wangle her way into those? Interestingly, I know some of the Edinburgh roller derby girls who were incredulous at her portraying herself as some top ex player in her program - apparently she was awful and was involved with the sport for about 5 mins.
I am involved in the Edinburgh music scene as portrayed in the ‘riot girl rock’ episode and I was invited to the screening party for Girls Rock. All of the musicians/members involved in making the programme were flabbergasted at the amount of screen time Vonny managed to bag herself, and pretend that she knew what she was talking about... Despite not being part of the music scene let alone the femme punk scene in any way. One of the girls said she had suggested bands for the show to focus on and basically every one was followed up.
One group had their entire interview and section cut from the show but there was time for Vonny to bang on about how she was signed to a record label about 15 years ago, and fanny about on a guitar on her own in a studio...so relevant 😒 She seems very narcissistic and I think from reading this thread she would lie about anything to get attention/woke points

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
When she was at the BBC, her contract was to edit other people's reports and post shortened versions on social media, ie a multiplatform content editor which is a technical post.
Which is a great job to get, especially if you are starting out. Lots of people would love that job and be proud of it! I don't understand the need to elevenerife the hell out of everything - as others have already pointed out!

ETA Maybe I'm jealous because I can't bullshit my way into things :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She did do a few reports of her own - one on open water swimming I recall, think there were others. Not exactly groundbreaking stuff but she did get out to film items.
And let’s not forget her Hidden Lives documentaries - how did she wangle her way into those? I have often wondered this. Like all her “journalism”, these all had the uncanny knack of somehow being about her, but she must have charmed someone somewhere to get to do those. Interestingly, I know some of the Edinburgh roller derby girls who were incredulous at her portraying herself as some top ex player in her program - apparently she was awful and was involved with the sport for about 5 mins.
Her official job title at the BBC was “multimedia journalist”. This was in the staff directory. Make of that what you will.

She was also taking photos in morning conference and posting these on twitter, during her first week. This did not go down well.
Yes, usually multimedias compile content, especially for web pages and social media, but sometimes behind-camera staff get on air (eg you occasionally see one of the deskjockey bods from Newsgathering on Reporting Scotland doing reports) because there aren't enough reporters, especially around holiday time/weekends.

Great note on her rollerderby doc!
She seemed credible to timepoor and credulous TV and radio producers who didn't check her out. She's strong on charm and hustle and they could just skim her large Twitter following, clock the columnist bit of her CV, and assume that she was both popular and professional enough to be low-risk.

Reactions: 9
The only one I didn’t know was her maiden name, the Leclerc is nonsense, so funny she’s double barrelled with the new husband’s name

ETA didn’t know ALL her maiden names 🤣
So I’ve been stalking about here all morning. Her most recent husband is an ex of mine. It seems they got together while I was still with him. He has also adopted the LeClerc name and they are both Laing-LeClerc now.
For a while I have wondered if he knows of her duality as I cared very much about him but he is a big boy. After we spilt and I discovered their relationship I was transported back to a late night conversation I had with him when we both discovered we each knew her from in and about the Glasgow ‘scene’. On his on volition he broke down why she ‘is the worst’ promenading as the working class leftie all the while owning two homes, one being the writing retreat. He went on to disparage the judaism as a way of claiming a new identity. Guess how surprised I was to find out they were engaged?!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
So I’ve been stalking about here all morning. Her most recent husband is an ex of mine. It seems they got together while I was still with him. He has also adopted the LeClerc name and they are both Laing-LeClerc now.
For a while I have wondered if he knows of her duality as I cared very much about him but he is a big boy. After we spilt and I discovered their relationship I was transported back to a late night conversation I had with him when we both discovered we each knew her from in and about the Glasgow ‘scene’. On his on volition he broke down why she ‘is the worst’ promenading as the working class leftie all the while owning two homes, one being the writing retreat. He went on to disparage the judaism as a way of claiming a new identity. Guess how surprised I was to find out they were engaged?!
I know a few people who know him from the music scene and they do all say he's a decent guy and were baffled when he got together with her. I think she'll have been lovebombing him like mad but that can't last forever. I actually feel really bad for him.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I know a few people who know him from the music scene and they do all say he's a decent guy and were baffled when he got together with her. I think she'll have been lovebombing him like mad but that can't last forever. I actually feel really bad for him.
So I’ve thought about it a bit. He love bombed me a bit at the start and wanted to meet my kids after a couple of weeks. I wouldn’t introduce them as I wanted to make sure if my kids were going to be meeting someone it was because they were going to be a real fixture. The way I see it he wanted a ready made family and I wouldnt give it to him. It seems that she didn’t exercise the same caution with her kids.

I was scrolling back and notice she seems to have zero tweets between March and August. But she was definitely tweeting about long covid a lot around that time, while simultaneously being out and about.

This article on Long Covid, which features her extensively, came out in June.

View attachment 322325
And in the same article says that reading a book exhausts her but she managed 72 during this time

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Don’t know if this is still up, but I remember seeing a video tweet he’d uploaded a few years ago which I thought was pretty distasteful and nasty.

He was filming an interaction in a Boots (in London from the accents) and it seemed previous to the start of the video the people at the till didn’t recognise the Scottish note he used to pay. It was a black woman and young Asian man I think, and in the video he was filming their faces and almost shouting about how they wouldn’t accept it - they both appeared very uncomfortable but kept their voices down and were respectful. He then uploaded this and tweeted it at Boots...

So I know it’s a bit unbelievable that people still refuse Scottish notes sometimes, but this reaction seemed completely out of proportion and frankly quite aggressive and harrassing. People doing low paid shop work, or any work really, shouldn’t be having cameras shoved in their face and then being publicly grassed up to their employers when it could be resolved by a private complaint.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
@Squirrelfriend vintage guy is the brogued up Victorian prostitute I’m sure 🤪

We need a love line timeline, it’s too confusing!
This is either her third or fourth marriage

No one knows him - the vintage guy was out on Xmas eve and this guy had moved in by New Year's Eve. Sure he's alright but he's being played as they all have and I'm sure it won't take long before things start to unravel. She doesn't think she needs help so can't be helped at this point, pretty much a lost cause sadly.
I know him. He’s my ex and I knew him a bit for like 10 years before we went out.

Reactions: 12
So I’ve thought about it a bit. He love bombed me a bit at the start and wanted to meet my kids after a couple of weeks. I wouldn’t introduce them as I wanted to make sure if my kids were going to be meeting someone it was because they were going to be a real fixture. The way I see it he wanted a ready made family and I wouldnt give it to him. It seems that she didn’t exercise the same caution with her kids.
I've known Dougie since 2009ish and was involved with him on and off for several years. We never saw each other as relationship material, and although I felt unfairly treated by him, I guess I was OK with being involved as a "friend with benefits." He was pretty into the idea of polyamory when I was seeing him, but I wasn't up for it. I don't know if he had any openly polyamorous relationships, but know he cheated on a gf with me. I was surprised when he changed his Facebook status to "engaged" to Vonny about a month after officially announcing their relationship on Facebook. I got in touch with him as I was concerned about him after doing some Google searching to find out who Vonny was. Needless to say, I very quickly saw through her and contacted him out of concern to ask him to be careful. He promptly blocked me and I haven't heard from him since. I can't see things lasting between them. Seems like there will be a lot of drama and points of conflict. Watch this space...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
God, this is the juiciest thread.

I would pay Patreon-style dollar for the same amount of input from those in-the-know on the Jack Monroe thread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I've known Dougie since 2009ish and was involved with him on and off for several years. We never saw each other as relationship material, and although I felt unfairly treated by him, I guess I was OK with being involved as a "friend with benefits." He was pretty into the idea of polyamory when I was seeing him, but I wasn't up for it. I don't know if he had any openly polyamorous relationships, but know he cheated on a gf with me. I was surprised when he changed his Facebook status to "engaged" to Vonny about a month after officially announcing their relationship on Facebook. I got in touch with him as I was concerned about him after doing some Google searching to find out who Vonny was. Needless to say, I very quickly saw through her and contacted him out of concern to ask him to be careful. He promptly blocked me and I haven't heard from him since. I can't see things lasting between them. Seems like there will be a lot of drama and points of conflict. Watch this space...
Woah! I hope you’re ok. He never mentioned polyamory to me but there is no way he wasn’t seeing her when I was with him. I had thought about getting in touch with him and thought better of it. He isn’t as lily white as he try’s to portray himself as. I’m sorry you went through that with him. x

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Woah! I hope you’re ok. He never mentioned polyamory to me but there is no way he wasn’t seeing her when I was with him. I had thought about getting in touch with him and thought better of it. He isn’t as lily white as he try’s to portray himself as. I’m sorry you went through that with him. x

Acht, its all water under the bridge and I've learned from my mistakes! He is very sweet in some ways, but also pretty selfish. I'm sorry to hear about your experience too xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yeah. Like I don’t wish him any harm. I’m very glad I didn’t end up with him though and was cautious of his intentions. Didn’t stop it all hurting though at the time. x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
In her first couple of weeks at the Stirling Uni job she also posted what looked like a work schedule with other people's names on it, all the while moaning about how much work she was doing. Just totally mental self-sabotaging attention seeking.

Can't believe we have more than one Dougie ex in here! What a thread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Is it possible Dougie actually acknowledges that she has some kind of mental health problem which causes her to behave like this, but has accepted that as part of loving her as a person overall?

Seems so strange that someone who previously called her out as a phoney leftie would reform that view of her...so it makes more sense to me that he would instead think “she’s a bit of a crazy witch bit I like it?”

Perhaps that is reaching but the way the relationship developed just makes no sense to me

I have a couple of friends who can be quite erratic (not to this level) but I just accept that as part of the full package because I like them...maybe that is what is happening here

Reactions: 15
I would say this could be possible. He appears to be very much in love with her so could be accepting of it all. It’s part of the reason I never got in touch with him to voice my concerns. They could be good for each other. I try not to judge. I just found the timing of their relationship perturbing and her a very entertaining character. I enjoy reading this thread and marvelling at the web she has weaved for herself.

Reactions: 16
Same here...my friend used to work with her and I would always ask for the goss re her latest makeup transformation/desk breakdown/badly researched opinion piece.

To be honest, she seemed entertaining and maybe even likeable initially, and when I started following her twitter she just seemed an absolute parody of woke middle class discourse which I enjoyed even if it was quite toe curling at times.

But then I started noticing the rapidly changing identities and things like outing her daughter to claim some ally points and started to think, this girl has a serious problem...

And then I was google searching for her twitter and came accross this thread and just read the whole thing in one evening, mouth open at the sheer shamelessness of her antics :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Is it possible Dougie actually acknowledges that she has some kind of mental health problem which causes her to behave like this, but has accepted that as part of loving her as a person overall?

Seems so strange that someone who previously called her out as a phoney leftie would reform that view of her...so it makes more sense to me that he would instead think “she’s a bit of a crazy witch bit I like it?”

Perhaps that is reaching but the way the relationship developed just makes no sense to me

I have a couple of friends who can be quite erratic (not to this level) but I just accept that as part of the full package because I like them...maybe that is what is happening here

To borrow one of Vonny's well used phrases, I think there's probably a bit of "cognitive dissonance" going on with Dougie. I don't believe he'd be so gullible that he can't see through her. I guess he thinks he's hit the jackpot in terms of her aesthetic, so he's probably willing to put up with her nonsense. I know of previous partners he's had with bizarre behaviours, so I think he's kinda drawn to it. Love is blind, but I think the cracks will start to appear at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.