Vonny Leclerc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Devorah i was wondering if you thought her occasional social media deletions were her making an effort to get better? She disappeared for a number of months previously (after taking part in a feature with The Atlantic about long Covid). At the time I wondered whether she felt she’d gone too far, given the profile and reach of the publication, and decided to focus on real life for a while? She’s obviously done the same recently. Is this her making an effort to stop these damaging patterns of behaviour?

Reactions: 6
Nordic model is to do with sex work. Not sure if Vonny was pro or anti.
There was also comic nerd Vonny!

No mate, I know who you mean. This was the Indy ref darling one, the one with the whiff, looks like a young Karl Kennedy from neighbours. That may or may not have been the attraction I leave that to your imagination 😂. Ism a woman of a certain age to have been moved bydtjarl shall we say 😂 YouTube will help you out. (Dried fruit go straight) I actually had no idea that’s who he was til I was pretty deep in it. I work in a pretty mainstream industry doing mainstream stuff and had no idea who or what he was until post first date. It didn’t really go beyond second date 😂

Whiff! I mean quiff! He smelt fine, slightly of tenants but if you’re Scottish thats to be expected. that’s the only only good thing I have to say about him 😂😂😂

Also should be moved by dr karl! I bet I’m not the only one - really need my nails done, then I could type properly 😂

Also I would say the only things I know about her are from this thread, or from stalking in which I have not taken receipts although my favourite was when she said her dogs (now given away?!) liked belle and Sebastian😂 I told my cousins who ended themselves and now we say “your da’s dogs like belle and Sebastian” rather than yer da sells
Avon 😂 we also joke that we were round her backgarden with dog biscuits giving it holding back the years and now her dogs like simply red 😂😂😂 but that’s just nonsense to make us laugh! We have no idea where she lives
This is fully hilarious!!
My first encounter with vonny was 6 years ago, I dated a guy I met on tinder and it happened to be the dad of her youngest son. We actually were together for 2 years (he was as big a narcissistic bawbag as she is...dont ask me how I lasted 2 years!) but she was fully mental. Used her kids as actual pawns, hardly ever had them, never ever had her kids at weekends and in the 2 years I was dating her ex she went through a few guys all of whom were picking up her kids from school and playing "dad".

Wait what ? .... she’s been married twice ? Also I’m away to look for pictures of vintage guy 😂
She was married to the bloke who she was in a band with years ago, they had a kid, then split up, then a string of guys til the next husband

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
She was married to the bloke who she was in a band with years ago, they had a kid, then split up, then a string of guys til the next husband
I think there was a husband before that too. At least I listened to a podcast she was on a few weeks back and I’m sure she made reference to being in a “crappy marriage” when her kids were first born. Whatever she said made me think she’d been married very young, to the dad of her older kids.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
So I know a colleague of hers when she was working at the Forestry place doing content (sounds like she was at vintage/steam punk stage?) and I know that she basically jumped before she was pushed from that job. She apparently worked from home all the time but seemed to be spending most of it writing her columns as didn’t engage with her actual job or have a clue what was going on, even though she previously found it so overwhelmingly busy that she asked for the role split in two. After a change in boss realised she was doing sod all, she left work crying that she couldn’t deal with this anymore, went off with stress and then left for the BBC. This was all while writing op-eds about her ability to provide idyllic cookie-baking mum moments to her kids while bossing her job with remote working 😆

Btw, can anyone remember that she was actually at the pub the day before getting Covid, but later went mental at an anti-lockdown guy because apparently she has barely left the house before catching it and had religiously disinfected her office using her indie-sustainable antibacterial spray?

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Btw, can anyone remember that she was actually at the pub the day before getting Covid, but later went mental at an anti-lockdown guy because apparently she has barely left the house before catching it and had religiously disinfected her office using her indie-sustainable antibacterial spray?
Yes, she posted a pic on insta of her in the pub on the Friday before she, uh, caught COVID <coughs>. She was also driving from Fife to Edinburgh and then to Glasgow on a weekly basis (at least) while in the throes of COVID. She defended that by saying she was co-parenting but at the time she was coming through to Glasgow for no other reason than to see her now-husband, who was working as a delivery person for a local vegan pub/restaurant - again, while she was meant to be suffering COVID symptoms.

So do the kids have different dads? I’m confused now 😂
Think the first three have the same dad and the youngest has a different one.

• Wow
Hi @Devorah, sending a message of support your way.

I don't have anyone like this in my family but do know a FoAF who behaves like this. They have caused an awful lot of hurt and damage to the people who love them, including their own child. It's very sad.

Reactions: 10
That group was absolutely awful as well - it was moderated by predominately white people and then when they received critical feedback about that, they stuck on a couple of female POC to handle it, but they were pushed out by the original moderators. All this was while Vonny was still the public face of it. She promptly abandoned the whole thing. #solidarity #BLM #fuckoffVonny
I used to keep up with that group, initially because of the complete cringe, but almost immediately it fell into complete disarray and in-fighting. I got the impression that she was actually kicked out of the group because of “white fragility” and appropriating the frustration of the black and Asian admins who kept being asked to spoon feed basic information? Something about being exhausted by having to constantly school “white men” when they would do their own work. Is that wrong - did she ditch the group herself?

At any rate, what a dysfunctional Facebook page, hardly a shining example of racial cohesion and justice.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I used to keep up with that group, initially because of the complete cringe, but almost immediately it fell into complete disarray and in-fighting. I got the impression that she was actually kicked out of the group because of “white fragility” and appropriating the frustration of the black and Asian admins who kept being asked to spoon feed basic information? Something about being exhausted by having to constantly school “white men” when they would do their own work. Is that wrong - did she ditch the group herself?

At any rate, what a dysfunctional Facebook page, hardly a shining example of racial cohesion and justice.
I thought she had just lost interest as I muted the group due to the cringe factor. However if she was booted that’s even more delicious:coffee:

I remember she was called out on Twitter for asking basic questions and asking poc to educate her and do emotional Labour instead of her doing her own research. She deleted the tweet and then set up the white Guilt Scotland Anti-racist Scotland page.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I thought she had just lost interest as I muted the group due to the cringe factor. However if she was booted that’s even more delicious:coffee:

I remember she was called out on Twitter for asking basic questions and asking poc to educate her and do emotional Labour instead of her doing her own research. She deleted the tweet and then set up the white Guilt Scotland Anti-racist Scotland page.
She was linking to it in her (perfectly scripted) Instagram bio and next thing she deleted the link and wasn’t answering questions posted on the group anymore...maybe just a typical flounce when she was confronted by the other admins? But there was definitely some veiled references to white admins having “pure fragility”

Was around the same time that her identity politics came to bite her in the Twitter replies because she claimed to have experienced racism for her Jewish(??) identity and therefore gained authority to speak about black issues, and was told Jews are white and can’t experience racism. I wonder if a similar situation went down behind the scenes on Facebook

• Wow
Reactions: 12
So do the kids have different dads? I’m confused now 😂
Yes, the first 3 are from one guy and her youngest is the son of the guy from the band

I think there was a husband before that too. At least I listened to a podcast she was on a few weeks back and I’m sure she made reference to being in a “crappy marriage” when her kids were first born. Whatever she said made me think she’d been married very young, to the dad of her older kids.
I'm not 100% sure if she was married to the dad of her first 3 kids, but two of them are twins and I know that they were very young, still just babies when she moved in with the guy from the band. Thats what he told me anyway! And then she definitely married him after they began living together.

Reactions: 6
I wish I'd remember to ask her sister about the being Jewish thing when she as here, it's such an easy thing to prove/ disporove.

Reactions: 4
@Breakdance Badass i am so nosey- I want to know the whole story, like on what grounds Vonny is claiming to be Jewish... and what was the outcome of the police complaint. The more I read this is such a strange situation!

Reactions: 8
@Breakdance Badass i am so nosey- I want to know the whole story, like on what grounds Vonny is claiming to be Jewish... and what was the outcome of the police complaint. The more I read this is such a strange situation!
I was under the impression that she was converting to Judaism when she was engaged to the vintage guy (the guy before the goth). I assumed that he was Jewish and they were converting for a Jewish wedding.
But I think I got the wrong end of the stick because she stayed Jewish when they broke up...
Do you remember when she was tooting about wearing a Kippah taking selfies? Unless you’re orthodox you only wear it in temple. Also women don’t wear them. Also apparently she’s not Jewish. I despair😩

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I suspect it’s part of her wider scheme to gain as many intersectional victim points as possible. She’s white, she’s attractive, her knockers are massive enough to distract from her mentalness for a good few months and, despite endlessly claiming that she’s so working class she had to work in a kitchen after school 😱, she is actually a total middle class snob. Basically, she’s a white woman and nowadays they doesn’t cut it in the woke circle she likes to exploit....so being Jewish is a way to get some access to the racism issue? Also, did it predate the Labour anti semitism issue, out of curiosity?

Usually I would think this was too cynical, but from what I’ve read here it seems like classic Vonny. Goes along with....”yes I’m a very high functioning, intelligent, socially adept and successful autistic person, but you don’t see the struggle behind the scenes”, which apparently gives her the right to speak on behalf of non-verbal autistic people with learning difficulties

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I suspect it’s part of her wider scheme to gain as many intersectional victim points as possible. She’s white, she’s attractive, her knockers are massive enough to distract from her mentalness for a good few months and, despite endlessly claiming that she’s so working class she had to work in a kitchen after school 😱, she is actually a total middle class snob. Basically, she’s a white woman and nowadays they doesn’t cut it in the woke circle she likes to exploit....so being Jewish is a way to get some access to the racism issue? Also, did it predate the Labour anti semitism issue, out of curiosity?

Usually I would think this was too cynical, but from what I’ve read here it seems like classic Vonny. Goes along with....”yes I’m a very high functioning, intelligent, socially adept and successful autistic person, but you don’t see the struggle behind the scenes”, which apparently gives her the right to speak on behalf of non-verbal autistic people with learning difficulties
The Scottish media industry is small enough that if you shout loudly enough about something, the journos will come to you for comment on the issue time after time. Vonny obviously knows this. I'd be interested to hear what credentials she has WRT journalism. While I'm not snobby enough to think you need a degree to be a journalist - it's still a craft which comes with industry conventions you need to learn one way or another and a columnist =/= journalist. If she never had any newsroom exp. before the BBC gig, it's difficult to see how she might have faked it just to make it there.

Reactions: 13

...and this coincidentally can also be said of Jack Monroe too, apart from the Jewish cosplay though. Really interesting thoughts!

Reactions: 16
The Scottish media industry is small enough that if you shout loudly enough about something, the journos will come to you for comment on the issue time after time. Vonny obviously knows this. I'd be interested to hear what credentials she has WRT journalism. While I'm not snobby enough to think you need a degree to be a journalist - it's still a craft which comes with industry conventions you need to learn one way or another and a columnist =/= journalist. If she never had any newsroom exp. before the BBC gig, it's difficult to see how she might have faked it just to make it there.
When she got the job at the BBC, that was when she spent the first couple of weeks posting selfies from ambulances complaining about allergic reactions from the BBC canteen, and also started the whole ubergoth/tarot schtick. Her colleagues must have been wondering how the hell she got hired. Mortifying behaviour.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
When she got the job at the BBC, that was when she spent the first couple of weeks posting selfies from ambulances complaining about allergic reactions from the BBC canteen, and also started the whole ubergoth/tarot schtick. Her colleagues must have been wondering how the hell she got hired. Mortifying behaviour.
When she was at the BBC, her contract was to edit other people's reports and post shortened versions on social media, ie a multiplatform content editor which is a technical post. It was Vonny who puffed her work as "journalism" to her followers.

And she was lucky to get boarded for BBC Scotland's Nine, where broadcast/production experience wasn't as important as being young and cheap.
This bit them on the arse, of course - the Nine ended up staffed with fantasists like Vonny, and also quite a few brushes with libel by cheap, inexperienced reporters. They've reshuffled the worst off their books now, or sideways into places where they can do less harm.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.