Vonny Leclerc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, I meant to clarify this earlier - it's a new, sci fi show called Raised by Wolves, not the Caitlin Moran one.
ETA - nope she doesn't have a Masters @HarderFaster, I don't think she's completed a single higher ed qualification. She makes a big deal about going to 'Law School' at the age of 16 but she dropped out after a year. She *may* have finished a graphic design qualification though I'm not sure where she took it. Last year she somehow managed to get herself a place on a very expensive Journalism Masters course but seemed to drop out of that after a couple of months.
It fascinates me how some people can have the audacity to lie about their credentials like this. I couldn't imagine having to keep up with my lies of grandeur, knowing that at any moment I might be found out.

Reactions: 13
I perceive it two ways really - one as an umbrella terms for research academics working institutionally with all the culture and conventions that entails, and you also see it in like, pedagogy and decolonisation research to encompass universities as a whole (so titles like “Queering the Academy - Overcoming Heteronormativity in Higher Education”. I suppose the latter refers to how the work of research academics filters down in teaching.

Needless to say: Vonny is categorically not part of “the academy”. My job is research heavy but is sort of outward facing and I’m pretty sure I’d be laughed at if I said such a thing. Also not saying it’s right but there’s a big divide between academics and support staff and Vonny falls firmly into the support staff category. She doesn’t even have a Masters does she? Like there’s no need to be snobby because there’s plenty of useless people with PhDs, myself included... but you sort of need to have at least done a research degree to align yourself with that world, huh?
Oh... so The Academy.... a bit like academia but fancier (?) Thank you. I have a Masters but I am 100% sure I’ve never mentioned it on Twitter, and I got it when I had two children under two whilst teaching as well. Can’t remember anything about it apart from never really understanding chi tests.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What's your favourite Vonny period?

~ Academia Vonny
~ Sex worker Vonny
~ Nordic Model Now! Vonny
~ TERF Vonny
~ Non-binary Vonny
~ Goth Vonny
~ Jewish Vonny
~ Autistic Vonny
~ BBC Vonny
~ COVID Vonny
~ <please feel free to add your own> Vonny

Mine has to be Academia Vonny, when she kept on pretending to have multiple degrees and scorned people for not being part of 'the Academy'.
Photographer & Tattoo Artist Vonny from an old Flickr account.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
What's your favourite Vonny period?

~ Academia Vonny
~ Sex worker Vonny
~ Nordic Model Now! Vonny
~ TERF Vonny
~ Non-binary Vonny
~ Goth Vonny
~ Jewish Vonny
~ Autistic Vonny
~ BBC Vonny
~ COVID Vonny
~ <please feel free to add your own> Vonny

Mine has to be Academia Vonny, when she kept on pretending to have multiple degrees and scorned people for not being part of 'the Academy'.
Hi I'm new to this thread (I had no idea who this Vonny was prior to this, but came over after the various mentions that occasionally pop up over on the Jack Monroe thread). I have read through everything now and just wanted to say that my favourite Vonny is Academia Vonny.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Brenda from Bristol will always be my favourite Brenda, sorry Bangers Brenda 😉

Also not saying it’s right but there’s a big divide between academics and support staff and Vonny falls firmly into the support staff category. She doesn’t even have a Masters does she? Like there’s no need to be snobby because there’s plenty of useless people with PhDs, myself included... but you sort of need to have at least done a research degree to align yourself with that world, huh?
Not only that, but there’s nothing wrong with being support staff! It makes me wonder how her colleagues feel when she twists the truth beyond recognition just to distance herself from her job description.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Brenda from Bristol will always be my favourite Brenda, sorry Bangers Brenda 😉

Not only that, but there’s nothing wrong with being support staff! It makes me wonder how her colleagues feel when she twists the truth beyond recognition just to distance herself from her job description.
No, absolutely not, and I would say the vast majority of academics have a lot of respect for support staff because the uni would collapse without them. Her positioning of herself is a huge tell of her insecurities.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sorry, I meant to clarify this earlier - it's a new, sci fi show called Raised by Wolves, not the Caitlin Moran one.
ETA - nope she doesn't have a Masters @HarderFaster, I don't think she's completed a single higher ed qualification. She makes a big deal about going to 'Law School' at the age of 16 but she dropped out after a year. She *may* have finished a graphic design qualification though I'm not sure where she took it. Last year she somehow managed to get herself a place on a very expensive Journalism Masters course but seemed to drop out of that after a couple of months.
yes I meant the Sci fi Ridley Scott metropolis / Prometheus inspired one it was all downloadable online months ago for theives 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Absolute scenes in the Laing-LeClerc household. Honestly you couldn't make it up, Vonny could but not you.

This time next year that snake will have been 60ft long and fire breathing.

I wonder if all the abandoned pets are hiding in musical equipment.

Screenshot 2020-12-19 at 00.47.44.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I thought Scotland were intending to roll out antibody tests quite widely (England was for quite specific roles). That’d be one way to solve that little mystery once and for all.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She’s had chilblains because of working from home. Strange that her list of office essentials doesn’t include the selfie ring light 😆 I can’t keep up with the crap she posts!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
She’s had chilblains because of working from home. Strange that her list of office essentials doesn’t include the selfie ring light 😆 I can’t keep up with the crap she posts!
You’d think such a “well known journalist“ would use this as an opportunity to share information on how to claim back some working from home due to COVID expenses.
(I know it’s still not enough though, and of course it’s so much worse for Vonners than it is for anyone else 🙄)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.