Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

chaiira

Going to send this to the designers I know to make them pee their pants laughing
It’s reminding me of first year of uni when I thought I was being really organised starting my essay a month early, would go to Paperchase, spend £25 on new stationary and draw a single beautiful, meaningless mind map before promptly abandoning that to watch several box sets of Downton Abbey

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

chaiira

The thing is, many people have experienced serious trauma/difficult childhoods/mental health problems, but the world would descend into chaos if we all inflicted that upon each other. I’ve rarely seen someone with such a bottomless well of empathy for herself and such short supply for anyone else. Her posts online have been very vindictive at times, and her consideration of others’ issues seems to be limited to the extent she can write herself into the narrative.

Ultimately, it’s possible to have a mental health problem and still be a nasty person. Anyone who isn’t sectionable has rights and freedoms which come with equal responsibilities and duties and as far as I see, is fair game for ridicule so long as they are not directly harassed or threatened/bothered in a physical public space

• Heart
Reactions: 26

BenignNarcissist

She has a Scottish accent... I wonder how long she was in Manchester for.

Maybe she was briefly in Oasis, or at least signed to Factory records.

• Haha

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
My opinion, FWIW, is that we should definitely leave the kids out of it. Regardless of what we think about Vonny herself, the kids do seem, by all accounts, to have good dads and an excellent extended family who all look out for them. Doubtless they'll all have been affected in one way or another by their mum's issues but it's not really grist for a gossip forum imo.

hydeist

Chatty Member
Fuck sake that's desperate. Also aye, Colin Elliot has been around for yonks - the first few flyers you get through the door are a bit of a laugh but I can't believe she bothered to go out of her way to wind him up over text. It's not even funny?! Just desperate.
The best one we ever got was looking for Elvis impersonators for Benidorm and on the back he'd handwritten

NO SMELLY PEOPLE

• Haha

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
The flyer she's replying to is from a window cleaner called Colin Elliot, who's been a west end (of Glasgow) institution for over 20 years. She's absolutely vile to try to take the piss out of him via her insta, and to attempt to troll him with texts. I can't believe she's been out of action for months now and within the space of one insta story she's got me totally het up again. And to think i was feeling a bit guilty about this thread! She's horrible.

ETA it's also reminded me of that time some poor, clearly mentally ill woman in the States was texting her, thinking she was her long-lost daughter, because of the surname LeClerc. Not only did Vonny egg her on via texts, she posted the texts on her twitter account. All it would have taken was for her to say 'my name's not really LeClerc' but no, Vonny had to engage in some sly dialogue - and make it public - for the twitter likes.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Imagine getting the call that your manager has had their hand chopped off by a meat grinder, only to see them on Instagram with two hands and an eye patch lifting (baby) weights

• Haha
Reactions: 25

passthecanapes

Hahaha, read the other thread. Just want to say... no, definitely not Jewish. The Scottish Jewish community is very, very small and we all pretty much know who's who. I guess she could have converted secretly somewhere else, but when someone does convert we usually know about it via communal newsletters etc and I've never seen anything. As kosher as a pork sausage in cheese.

• Haha
  • Wow

Devorah

It must be exhausting just trying to remember what you've told people. Having to keep up a facade. I honestly just don't get it.

she's always been the type of having gone one better than anything people have done. Noauthenticity to any of her.
Even when she was going for the FC job, she used my prior work experience with a conservation charity to pretend she had done it, throwing it in my face she got the job when I had been trying to get into the FC for a long time and had actually studied and gained the experience in that field.

I used to feel sorry for her but don't anymore, so beyond tired of it. I hope the current employers find this thread, I really do.

Unbelievable. It must be completely exhausting to spend your whole life lying about every minute thing. How awfully sad. She must really hate herself deep down, to think that the authentic her isn’t worth showing anyone.

• Heart
  • Sad

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Has there been a hiring panel Vonny yet?
I know this isn’t what I really should take from the last thread-and-a-bit if Vonny but “use a name or use nothing” - but what if you don’t know their name 🤯 “Dear “ just don’t cut the mustard in academia or elsewhere, surely.

Oh and hello, Lenny Briscoe here, survivor of the Jack Monroe threads and accidental conqueror of other threads I’ve always meant to check out (because they come highly recommended)

• Haha
  • Heart

Devorah

Sorry to hear.
Me too, high five! Her behaviour is not excusable. Yes I believe it's mental health related but I also don't use that as a cop out as she's had the offer of help/interventions her whole life and instead likes to make out she's smarter than us all, including doctors.

Instead she likes to make out WE are the liars and that she's so hard done by, that's why it's incredibly validating this thread exists as people have found it very hard to believe me that she's actually like this. She's also just getting worse and worse with age. We thought in time and through having kids she would grow out of it but nope.

I've had major family trauma but have somehow managed not to become a gaslighting Walter Mitty type leaving a trail of destruction in my wake, funny that.

• Heart
Back to academy Vonny tonight, and she’s writing an overly complex and verbose ‘report’ for her big professional job. I think this could’ve been an email but a graduate of the ACADEMY could never do anything so frivolous as write a concise email
Don't know if it's just me, but I feel it's not very professional to share work stuff on social media 🙄

Ohnoshebettadont

It’s scaremongery? Sadly it’s accurate.

Women are less likely to be killed...Less likely than whom? Disappearances from the streets are not as rare as you’d think, it’s just not usually affluent middle class white girls who go missing, it’s sex workers and non white people.

I get that you don’t want your daughter to read these things and feel she is constantly under threat, but she is under threat. She’s very likely to experience at least harassment from men and by shielding her from that it won’t stop it from happening.
I read recent research saying girls as young as 8 are experiencing sexual bullying/harassment so even if parents shelter their kids they will still come across it but without any knowledge of how to address it.
Vonny is an attention seeking dickhead but that doesn’t mean gendered violence doesn’t exist. I’m glad your granny implemented this but I’m guessing she’s not really directing this for the benefit of your massive uncle.

Sorry if this comes across as an attack it isn’t at all I just wanted to share my POV and I respect yours.✌🏻

I know people have different feelings towards this, but personally I find this kind of thing to be quite scaremongery and exactly why women perceive they are more likely to be killed even when they are far less likely, though of course disappearances from the streets are very rare in general here. I wouldn’t for example be happy for my daughter to be exposed to this kind of messaging that she is under constant threat and men feel entitled to kill her, I want her to be free and happy and I wouldn’t want the fear of something like this dominating her thoughts.

Apart from that I just wouldn’t want to give this scumbag the satisfaction of scaring an entire generation of women.

As usual I feel like Vonny is feeding into the black hole rather than contributing any useful perspective.

Also specifically about texting I’m home...this is something my grandma absolutely insists all the family do and I’ve always asked from my partners...can my massive uncle also share a screenshot of this in order to draw some victimhood from the situation?

• Heart

chaiira

The husband was on twitter last night threatening to kneecap anti vaxxers.
That guy seems like a bit of a nasty twat to me. Typical “feminist-ally” persona masking the same aggression and misogyny you’d hear down the working men’s club. Maybe worse because it’s less honest. He gives me the creeps. Also, don’t think he could win a fight against long covid Vonny, never mind a mob of anti vaxxers.

• Haha
  • Heart

CaleyChris

I think they are focussing on people with real illnesses not made up ones. A lot of hard choices to be made in the pandemic.

• Haha
Reactions: 24