Vonny Leclerc #2 It’s a Von Trap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she... equating her (strongly disputed) "work ... as a journalist" with "the many excellent works of feminist scholars"?

Screenshot_20210311-192807_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 4
If only Vonny hadn’t taken a step back from journalism into obscurity, how different things might have been

And sorry but Vonny’s brand of feminism is just so beyond sometimes. Casting this as a responsibility of all men is such a set up for her to receive grovelling messages from allys who seem to think that they personally can save womenkind.

Had a “Marxist Feminist comedian” lecturer once who was exactly this type of Narc and she would boast on twitter that as a qualified feminist she was able to give out feminist ally badges so guys should line up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Sorry but this is almost an exact rearrangement of the words of 99% of posts I’ve seen about this on social media. Like all decent human beings I’m horrified and angry about this (and I’m a woman) but what gets me here is Vonny’s framing of her own thoughts as original and viral worthy. It’s a very poorly put version of a sentiment I’ve seen expressed far better by literally everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Has there been a hiring panel Vonny yet?
I know this isn’t what I really should take from the last thread-and-a-bit if Vonny but “use a name or use nothing” - but what if you don’t know their name 🤯 “Dear “ just don’t cut the mustard in academia or elsewhere, surely.

Oh and hello, Lenny Briscoe here, survivor of the Jack Monroe threads and accidental conqueror of other threads I’ve always meant to check out (because they come highly recommended)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Literally! It’s one thing to post something saying ‘this is shite, here’s some things I’ve done/read to help’ but quite another to pen a crap poem then beg for it to go viral😂 truly a new low for Vonny.

I’m taking bets she will be back on Twitter by end of March to share her super duper *JOURNALISM* skills as an expert on gender based violence (from her years in the ACADEMY!)

"remember my name, not hers"

Buckled at her begging people to screenshot her locked insta and post it elsewhere, do you really think your opinion is so necessary here?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don't think she will be back on Twitter - too many public questions a la this thread would confront her with her lies.

Reactions: 1
"remember my name, not hers"

Buckled at her begging people to screenshot her locked insta and post it elsewhere, do you really think your opinion is so necessary here?
As previously stated on here, however well intentioned it was, her lousy “poem” was probably among the poorest attempts I have seen to convey the feelings felt in the aftermath of Sarah Everard’s disappearance and murder. Plus, it screamed of her wanting to get herself right in the centre of this all, in typical Vonny fashion. She desperately wants to be the spokeswoman for this, to add to everything else she has acted as self appointed spokeswoman for.

As previously stated on here, however well intentioned it was, her lousy “poem” was probably among the poorest attempts I have seen to convey the feelings felt in the aftermath of Sarah Everard’s disappearance and murder. Plus, it screamed of her wanting to get herself right in the centre of this all, in typical Vonny fashion. She desperately wants to be the spokeswoman for this, to add to everything else she has acted as self appointed spokeswoman for.

Update....her Instagram now has lots of screenshots of text messages she has sent, all variations on “that’s me home.” Doubtless this is meant to be as examples of how women have to live in fear of men and then need to text someone to say they are home safely. Rather clunkily done by her, as I think after one text we kind of got the point. Doubtless the next thing she will be doing is organising a march/protest to “Reclaim the streets.”
Smash the patriarchy!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Update....her Instagram now has lots of screenshots of text messages she has sent, all variations on “that’s me home.” Doubtless this is meant to be as examples of how women have to live in fear of men and then need to text someone to say they are home safely.
I know people have different feelings towards this, but personally I find this kind of thing to be quite scaremongery and exactly why women perceive they are more likely to be killed even when they are far less likely, though of course disappearances from the streets are very rare in general here. I wouldn’t for example be happy for my daughter to be exposed to this kind of messaging that she is under constant threat and men feel entitled to kill her, I want her to be free and happy and I wouldn’t want the fear of something like this dominating her thoughts.

Apart from that I just wouldn’t want to give this scumbag the satisfaction of scaring an entire generation of women.

As usual I feel like Vonny is feeding into the black hole rather than contributing any useful perspective.

Also specifically about texting I’m home...this is something my grandma absolutely insists all the family do and I’ve always asked from my partners...can my massive uncle also share a screenshot of this in order to draw some victimhood from the situation?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s scaremongery? Sadly it’s accurate.

Women are less likely to be killed...Less likely than whom? Disappearances from the streets are not as rare as you’d think, it’s just not usually affluent middle class white girls who go missing, it’s sex workers and non white people.

I get that you don’t want your daughter to read these things and feel she is constantly under threat, but she is under threat. She’s very likely to experience at least harassment from men and by shielding her from that it won’t stop it from happening.
I read recent research saying girls as young as 8 are experiencing sexual bullying/harassment so even if parents shelter their kids they will still come across it but without any knowledge of how to address it.
Vonny is an attention seeking head but that doesn’t mean gendered violence doesn’t exist. I’m glad your granny implemented this but I’m guessing she’s not really directing this for the benefit of your massive uncle.

Sorry if this comes across as an attack it isn’t at all I just wanted to share my POV and I respect yours.✌🏻

I know people have different feelings towards this, but personally I find this kind of thing to be quite scaremongery and exactly why women perceive they are more likely to be killed even when they are far less likely, though of course disappearances from the streets are very rare in general here. I wouldn’t for example be happy for my daughter to be exposed to this kind of messaging that she is under constant threat and men feel entitled to kill her, I want her to be free and happy and I wouldn’t want the fear of something like this dominating her thoughts.

Apart from that I just wouldn’t want to give this scumbag the satisfaction of scaring an entire generation of women.

As usual I feel like Vonny is feeding into the black hole rather than contributing any useful perspective.

Also specifically about texting I’m home...this is something my grandma absolutely insists all the family do and I’ve always asked from my partners...can my massive uncle also share a screenshot of this in order to draw some victimhood from the situation?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It’s scaremongery? Sadly it’s accurate.

Women are less likely to be killed...Less likely than whom? Disappearances from the streets are not as rare as you’d think, it’s just not usually affluent middle class white girls who go missing, it’s sex workers and non white people.

I get that you don’t want your daughter to read these things and feel she is constantly under threat, but she is under threat. She’s very likely to experience at least harassment from men and by shielding her from that it won’t stop it from happening.
I read recent research saying girls as young as 8 are experiencing sexual bullying/harassment so even if parents shelter their kids they will still come across it but without any knowledge of how to address it.
Vonny is an attention seeking head but that doesn’t mean gendered violence doesn’t exist. I’m glad your granny implemented this but I’m guessing she’s not really directing this for the benefit of your massive uncle.

Sorry if this comes across as an attack it isn’t at all I just wanted to share my POV and I respect yours.✌🏻
Yes I do consider this way of portraying it as somewhat scaremongering - and I am saying this as someone who has experienced my fair share of sexual harassment and also rape and well aware that most people will experience a range of these behaviours in their life. Have to say having a guy jizz on the back of my skirt on the Tube before a job interview was really a highlight. I would note though that I also know my male partners and friends have experienced many incidents, violent and sexual, (and from women) which to me were shocking and upsetting but they had just been conditioned to laugh it off 🤷🏻‍♀️ I try to keep all of that in mind.

My point is not that there isn’t risk and unfortunately a sensible need to be cautious, and nor that I want to sheild my children from this information - which I won’t be doing because these occurrences are part of life unfortunately and absolutely necessary to be aware of. But I want to give them, boy and girl, a realistic view of the risk which is that the chances of being abducted from the streets are exceptionally small and that they shouldn’t ever compromise their life and sense of entitlement to public spaces out of that fear. If we lived in Brazil that would probably be a different story.

And yeah actually my grandma will be on the phone to my uncle if he’s not texted within an hour...after all he’s been mugged at knifepoint twice which isn’t something any of the girls in our family have experienced. Though that is what happens when you cut around Salford late at night.

Ultimately I don’t want my daughter, or son, to be more oppressed by fear than by actual risk. That’s why I prefer not to expose them constantly to the message that the inclination to kill them is endemic among men. So aside from Vonny taking the opportunity to cast herself in the light of this women being predictably nauseating, I just don’t find her framing that helpful. I know that may be controversial and I respect why people feel otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.