Vogue Williams & Joanne McNally

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah what I mean is she wasn't all coy about getting one. Other influencers receive a freebie after begging and are all "OMG, so shocked, can't believe I've been given this, thanks X Brand". Joanne is just upfront "I begged, I got!"
Yes - I love this about her! She is so blunt and it's so refreshing amongst all the ridicuolus 'Omg thanks so much to XXXXX for sending this, wow what a surprise'
even though the influencer was throwing hints left, right and centre.

Reactions: 5
I think since I've started to read this thread I've begun to dislike the pod more and more. Things i never noticed before (vogues interrupting and Joannes laugh) now stand out a mile. Can't enjoy it same as before!!!
agreed! cant listen to the podcast either, their voices are just so whiney and annyoying. they are also becoming extremely predictable in what they will discuss on pod.

Reactions: 4
About the Godmother thing. I had gotten the impression way back that Joanne was a bit upset by it all because for ages it hadn't been mentioned that she was one of several Godmothers. She had felt honoured and special and then one day (maybe close to the Christening) she was told casually that she was actually one of a few. It took the shine off it for her, I guess.

Reactions: 6
About the Godmother thing. I had gotten the impression way back that Joanne was a bit upset by it all because for ages it hadn't been mentioned that she was one of several Godmothers. She had felt honoured and special and then one day (maybe close to the Christening) she was told casually that she was actually one of a few. It took the shine off it for her, I guess.
I would have been upset too. It really isn't the done thing in Ireland to have more than two (and I know a handful will say they had more) but Joanne's understanding would have been 2 godparents

Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t read too much into it, I assume she would have known already about multiple godparents, like I’m sure the other kids have similar. I think J was just taking the piss.

Reactions: 5
I would have been upset too. It really isn't the done thing in Ireland to have more than two (and I know a handful will say they had more) but Joanne's understanding would have been 2 godparents
I definitely would have been annoyed too especially 'cause Vogue asked Joanne to be godmother during the podcast and she kinda made a big deal about it.

Reactions: 2
I wouldn’t read too much into it, I assume she would have known already about multiple godparents, like I’m sure the other kids have similar. I think J was just taking the piss.
Yeah same I don’t think Joanne really cared at all 😂

Reactions: 7
It's just when she dropped into how she was triggered by it as she was adopted ..(again all said in a jokey fashion but many a true word etc )..made me feel for her.😔..its a real honour to b asked to be someone's godparent and its defo not the norm in Ireland to have multiples and that is a bit notiony by vogue

Reactions: 4
Is it an English thing to have a few Godmothers and a few Godfathers?

Yeah for a protestant baptism, more than two but I got the impression from one of the pods that Vogue isn't protestant and Spencer doesn't know what he is, so you'd assume it's a Catholic christening which means two godparents

of course Vogue isn't protestant lol

I'm from the north and we have a mixed marriage but baby was christened Catholic. Only 2 names go on the official document but we still had 3 and they are all recognised as such

to each their own! in any case I agree with those who said they don't think Joanne was actually bothered, I think it was just something to give out to Vogue about and to take the piss out of her

of course Vogue isn't protestant lol

I'm from the north and we have a mixed marriage but baby was christened Catholic. Only 2 names go on the official document but we still had 3 and they are all recognised as such

to each their own! in any case I agree with those who said they don't think Joanne was actually bothered, I think it was just something to give out to Vogue about and to take the piss out of her
You must have got a nice priest 🤣🤣
The ones around my way refuse it.
I'm not religious so I find the whole thing a bit pointless but I am a really good godmother 😅😅

You must have got a nice priest 🤣🤣
The ones around my way refuse it.
I'm not religious so I find the whole thing a bit pointless but I am a really good godmother 😅😅
lol we actually had the Canon which prob makes it even more surprising but anywho. Joanne has talked before about how she usually does cash gifts so I'd love her as a godmother haha

Reactions: 1
I was asked to be godmother then realized I wasn’t the only one and tbh it was hurtful cause I didn’t have kids yet. If it was now I wouldn’t give a duck but being adopted and having no kids. I can sympathize

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.