Vogue Williams & Joanne McNally #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed. Would love to hear the inside scoop ☕

OK galz I can't keep my mouth shut please don't read this if you are going to the show especially this weekend in the real capital

I listen to the pod religiously and I was at EP. This was my downfall tbh, because I do this none of the content was new. So they had a warm up she was on for 30 mins. She did two lip sync songs and dance and also a bring ppl up to the stage and play games. It was funny in parts. They came on at around 9, energy at the start from audience was very very electric. I was up near the front so we seen Alan and Amber. Anyway they do they're intro fine, then they do how was your week.. Also fine but they chat about how they don't want sex with their partners. Joanne talks about Alan falling asleep mid ride (we've heard this on pod ) vogue talks about spenny always wanting to ride her and how alzo walked in on him going down on her pregnant (not new content) 🤰 this went on for a bit too long and got a bit meh, audience weren't really laughing anymore it just got uncomfortable.

Joanne then spoke about turning 40, did a few jokes about her mother, popping pills and going shopping in chemist's on holiday. (again nothing new there)

They spoke about ottos christening and they played a clip of vogue saying she will be the only godmother. And they played that a few times. (again mostly pod) vogue explained how Joanne was late and stuff and they showed a few photo shopped photos of Joanne and otto. That was funnyish.

They showed Joe on the screen, he came out on stage and everyone cheered. They made a joke about him never touching a snake, I didn't get it personally but we move.

They go on to chat about how they met, showed a few clips of fade street,vogues modelling career photos, old photos of joanne. Explained all that and how basically they were in the same group but weren't close. Joanne then needed somewhere to stay in London so contacted vogue. They mentioned about vogues time on mastermind and played a clip and also when they were on family fortunes together. This was all done at EP so none of this was new.

They play a pop song that vogue wrote over in her time in oz. This was enjoyable but again didn't really get the crowd bopping. She did her bit behind the dj booth and the lyrics were a bit mad.

The ending was them doing a song at the end and throwing hats out and that's kind of it.. In a condensed version. Twas about an hour and 10 mins. They didn't get too many belly laughs tbh and they seemed a bit off and nearly sick of their own jokes. If I had not gone to EP I think it would have been more enjoyable. Personally I don't think it's worth the money but as I type this I have listened to them for free for the last two years. A patreron would be at least a fiver a week so in hindsight maybe it's not bad. They're cleaning up.

Also on the very slow exit from the marquee (if you know you know) I was ease dropping ofc and most comments I heard was Joanne is better on her own, vogue barely spoke, it's just like the pod.

Overall it was a bit of a let down, I will continue to listen to the pod. But I won't be going to any more shows id say and I definitely won't be going to Spencer and Vogue. Joanne carries the show

Reactions: 24
OK galz I can't keep my mouth shut please don't read this if you are going to the show especially this weekend in the real capital

I listen to the pod religiously and I was at EP. This was my downfall tbh, because I do this none of the content was new. So they had a warm up she was on for 30 mins. She did two lip sync songs and dance and also a bring ppl up to the stage and play games. It was funny in parts. They came on at around 9, energy at the start from audience was very very electric. I was up near the front so we seen Alan and Amber. Anyway they do they're intro fine, then they do how was your week.. Also fine but they chat about how they don't want sex with their partners. Joanne talks about Alan falling asleep mid ride (we've heard this on pod ) vogue talks about spenny always wanting to ride her and how alzo walked in on him going down on her pregnant (not new content) 🤰 this went on for a bit too long and got a bit meh, audience weren't really laughing anymore it just got uncomfortable.

Joanne then spoke about turning 40, did a few jokes about her mother, popping pills and going shopping in chemist's on holiday. (again nothing new there)

They spoke about ottos christening and they played a clip of vogue saying she will be the only godmother. And they played that a few times. (again mostly pod) vogue explained how Joanne was late and stuff and they showed a few photo shopped photos of Joanne and otto. That was funnyish.

They showed Joe on the screen, he came out on stage and everyone cheered. They made a joke about him never touching a snake, I didn't get it personally but we move.

They go on to chat about how they met, showed a few clips of fade street,vogues modelling career photos, old photos of joanne. Explained all that and how basically they were in the same group but weren't close. Joanne then needed somewhere to stay in London so contacted vogue. They mentioned about vogues time on mastermind and played a clip and also when they were on family fortunes together. This was all done at EP so none of this was new.

They play a pop song that vogue wrote over in her time in oz. This was enjoyable but again didn't really get the crowd bopping. She did her bit behind the dj booth and the lyrics were a bit mad.

The ending was them doing a song at the end and throwing hats out and that's kind of it.. In a condensed version. Twas about an hour and 10 mins. They didn't get too many belly laughs tbh and they seemed a bit off and nearly sick of their own jokes. If I had not gone to EP I think it would have been more enjoyable. Personally I don't think it's worth the money but as I type this I have listened to them for free for the last two years. A patreron would be at least a fiver a week so in hindsight maybe it's not bad. They're cleaning up.

Also on the very slow exit from the marquee (if you know you know) I was ease dropping ofc and most comments I heard was Joanne is better on her own, vogue barely spoke, it's just like the pod.

Overall it was a bit of a let down, I will continue to listen to the pod. But I won't be going to any more shows id say and I definitely won't be going to Spencer and Vogue. Joanne carries the show
Thanks for that, it’s interesting to hear what happens in it from start to finish! I’ve been tempted several times, but I just can’t see it being worth €60-70 a ticket. The very nature of it being based on a podcast means of course they’re going to be recycling the funniest bits. I’ve seen Prosecco Express twice now, so it’s not like I’m too stingy to give them money.

For a live podcast, wouldn’t 2-3 performances max make it special and unique? This just feels like milking it. I agree with you, how could they not be bored, saying the same anecdotes for 40 nights, or whatever it is now. It’s different in standup, where it’s just one person and not reliant on chemistry seeming fresh between two people.

I’d definitely go if I got tickets as a present! But I think what you’re paying for is the atmosphere in the room and the energy of everyone there, not the content, as such? The music and DJing etc at the end, that they keep showing in instagram clips, does look fun, but it’s just not tempting enough.

Reactions: 6
Thanks for that, it’s interesting to hear what happens in it from start to finish! I’ve been tempted several times, but I just can’t see it being worth €60-70 a ticket. The very nature of it being based on a podcast means of course they’re going to be recycling the funniest bits. I’ve seen Prosecco Express twice now, so it’s not like I’m too stingy to give them money.

For a live podcast, wouldn’t 2-3 performances max make it special and unique? This just feels like milking it. I agree with you, how could they not be bored, saying the same anecdotes for 40 nights, or whatever it is now. It’s different in standup, where it’s just one person and not reliant on chemistry seeming fresh between two people.

I’d definitely go if I got tickets as a present! But I think what you’re paying for is the atmosphere in the room and the energy of everyone there, not the content, as such? The music and DJing etc at the end, that they keep showing in instagram clips, does look fun, but it’s just not tempting enough.
I've only been to one other live podcast and they made it into a show performance and didn't repeat anything really from the show. It was I'm grand mam

Reactions: 3
Anyone catch the Irish company that gave Joanne those black strap / furry sandals? I kind of love them..

All of the bridesmaids are married / engaged and had partners there… bar Jamie’s sister. So not sure how that’s true.

Reactions: 1
I think they push the men want sex and they don’t want to give it narrative too far.
don’t get me wrong I don't always want it either but I think they go on and on etc
And nearly make it a thing that sex is bad?

Reactions: 10
Yeah the men pestering them for sex is so old now. Joanne openly admitted a few times that Alan falls asleep during it, are we really meant to believe that Alan has to beg her for it!

I'd actually prefer if they were more sex positive and just admitted they enjoy it!

Reactions: 12
I’m also finding the sex chat very tiresome..sex as a chore, sex to keep your man vibes..yawn!
I agree it's giving off 1950s housewife vibe sex is a duty to your husband. 🙄

They're really running out of steam with their content they're working so much on performing shows there's zero effort in going into the content of the shows.

Reactions: 11
I dont think its true tbh. He worships her I can't see him cheating.
how do you know he worships her though? All you see is what they - as a couple and as a brand - put out.

there have been so many instances of individuals/couples pretending they adore each other only for it all to come out as insincere, overcompensated and with somebody cheating. I remember Ronan Keating “worshipped” his first wife Yvonne. He spoke about how wonderful she was, she was in his music video for “if Tomorrow Never Comes”… yet look how that ended. With him cheating and making loads of crappy comments towards her.
David Beckham and Victoria built a whole brand on their relationship. He spoke about how he saw her in a music video and it was love at first sight - he had to get her number. Fast forward a few years and what do we have? A cheating Scandal with Rebecca Loos.
Liz Hurley was absolutely stunning and became a fashion Icon as a result of her red carpet moment with Hugh Grant. They were loved up and constantly papped annnnnd then he cheated on her with a prostitute. And on and on it goes.

The men who truly and utterly adore their wives; don’t make their relationship a brand or part of their job. They won’t frequently gush about them publicly. They’ll be quietly and happily together - for years. Think Pierce Brosnan and Keeley Shaye Smith, Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes, Freddie Prince Jnr and Sarah Michelle Geller.

I can 100% see there being some truth to that rumour, and the scenario seems like a very likely one for me. Spencer has well documented form for cheating.
MIC cast mates have form for enabling substance/alcohol abuse and facilitating cheating.
a combination of that plus being away from Vogue? 100% can see it happening

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Unfortunately , I can see it happening too. The last few months, Spencer had been a bit OTT about his love to Vogue and it's always made me suspicious when he's done it. No guys I know go on at that level, it was too overdone for me. I always remember the story someone told here, a few threads back, about Spencer spending the afternoon in a hotel room with her colleague/friend.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
The trouble is, Spencer Matthews is a misogynist. It was obvious on MIC. He never truly examined or atoned for his behaviour, or the way he treated women.

he might love Vogue. Maybe because she’s a big personality in her own right, and comes from money herself so she’s on a level with him, he thought she’d be able to keep him on the straight and narrow.

except no one can keep someone else on the straight and narrow. And loving someone isn’t the same as respecting them on a fundamental level. And it’s respect for someone that means you don’t cheat. Respect and empathy. And Spencer has very little of either. On the Celebrity Pysch test he demonstrated very little empathy. To the extent that he was aware of it himself, and worried he’d be a psychopath.

as entertaining as it was at the time, Spencer was exceptionally cruel to women in his life. Telling Louise he hoped she’d go home and cry. He referred to cheating on Lucy "as meaningful as going to the bar and ordering another drink."

Dolly Alderton was a story producer on MIC in the earlier years of the show (season 2-5). I haven’t read her book, but on the TV show Everything I Know About Love features a MICesque show and it is closely based on Dolly’s experience of living in London (she wrote the screenplay too I believe).

what I find interesting, is that EIKAL has a character that is very obviously Spencer. He’s charming; but manipulative and weary of being portrayed as a villain. He manipulates and betrays Hannah/Dolly. Because it’s a character technically, I think it allowed Dolly to be quite frank about her assessment of Spencer.

I obviously can’t do a pysch assessment on spenny or why he is the way he is. He says he had a good upbringing but didn’t have an emotional family, and he underwent trauma in childhood when his brother died on Everest. But there isn’t much room for debate - Spencer has very little empathy by his own admission and has little regret or hesitation to cheat. Add alcohol or drugs and it’s not a good combination I’m afraid.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.