Virgin River

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The 2 episodes felt very 'Hallmark' Christmas vibe. It was pleasant but nothing amazing.
Finally Charmaine had the twins!!
Not sure what's going on with that girl Lark that Brady is seeing and that Jimmy who's in prison, surely Brady would have known they were a couple as he worked with him 🤔

Reactions: 4
I've just finished watching it so my opinion might change but Mel having a different dad, and a new character at that, feels so pointless? I know VR is just a silly drama show full of silly pointless drama but... what WAS the point of this? It's been seemingly resolved so quickly. Is this new man (I've already forgotten his name) going to he a recurring character?

Reactions: 7
I've just finished watching it so my opinion might change but Mel having a different dad, and a new character at that, feels so pointless? I know VR is just a silly drama show full of silly pointless drama but... what WAS the point of this? It's been seemingly resolved so quickly. Is this new man (I've already forgotten his name) going to he a recurring character?
Exactly. At least in season 1 it was silly and feel good but hung together. Since then it’s like they sacked the continuity person, the writers and the editor and put a load of first year film students in charge. Time moves at an existential pace, there are huge storylines that either amount to nothing or are resolved in a day and no one seems to have a personality.

Reactions: 4
Exactly. At least in season 1 it was silly and feel good but hung together. Since then it’s like they sacked the continuity person, the writers and the editor and put a load of first year film students in charge. Time moves at an existential pace, there are huge storylines that either amount to nothing or are resolved in a day and no one seems to have a personality.
Yes this!! 😂😂 I thought the same with the void of personalities... It's like they lost them for Christmas 😂 everyone is very "Hi Guys!!!" and anything that would've been drama in any other series/episode was totally downplayed and all so agreeable? I love VR but the Christmas episodes were pants tbh!

Reactions: 2
The continuity and timescales are horrendous for this show. So absolutely everything that has happened in 5 series is the equivalent of 8/9 months. Think Virgin River must be in the twilight zone 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I am not caught up yet, still mid season 3, but I have been really enjoying this show. I love how cosy and ridiculous it is. The melodramatic story and weird timeline make it all the better.

Reactions: 3
I liked the Christmas being more Hallmark less all the drama. Which all came at the ens of episode 12.

Reactions: 1
I’ve just watched it. I still have a strange soft spot for VR but it’s like it’s been made by a team of people rejected by Hallmark Christmas movies. Why can’t they get formulaic tripe right?

And why is Mel’s jaw twice as wide as it used to be?

Last edited:
I thought Mel looked really different in the Christmas eps too but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Reactions: 2
I was so looking forward to it but felt tad flat.
Weird how Connie disappeared .
Quite a lot of drama with Jack's parents and lizzies mum which don't even live in the town.
No mention of if they brought the farm.
Felt sorry for brady.
Seemed odd mike didn't feature at all.
Think mels hair was more blonde.
Baffled why they sat outside on porch with blankets in winter.
Stoll don't really like the new doctor but murials grown on me I want her to be happy.
The tree como so lovely and festive they have so many amazing events for such a small town.
Surprised how freindly charmaine and Mel were.
Or how happy doc was about the baby he feels like his personality totally changed .

Mel's hair looked more strawberry blonde, I liked it. But yes her face shape looked completely different, wider