Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trust me to miss all the important messages! Sorry!
First of all @Miscanthus you are having the exploratory procedure because you have a nasty broken wrist not because you have what your friend in the support group had. It’s really important for your well-being that you don’t take your train of thought down that route. I think what you (and our Havisham) have been through is awful and very, very painful. You can’t think straight when you are in pain. I know this might sound a bit left-field but it might be worthwhile watching some acupressure vids on YT. There are some brilliant ones for pain relief brought about by pressing on certain meridians. It may help to ease the pain considerably In between painkiller dosages. Do you have anyone who can plant up for you or is it something you would do yourself normally? Can the plants be delivered and your client plant them to your instruction? I mean that you might be able to lay out the planting with your left hand . Once again it’s such a pain we can’t ring each other...This seems to happen more and more lately have you noticed that? I am worried about our darling @MissMidnight and can’t do a flopping thing about it. ..This is all too daft as I am just a half hours drive away from you! I could drive you to your appointments etc...
Anyway, for now it’s important to be kind to yourself, breathe and picture everything going really well in your mind’s eye. I was told once by an extremely clever and sage person that 95 per cent of the things we worry about never happen. I reckon that’s a seriously high and comforting percentage! Please let us know as everything progresses this week. 🍇🍇💐💐💙💙

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Trust me to miss all the important messages! Sorry!
First of all @Miscanthus you are having the exploratory procedure because you have a nasty broken wrist not because you have what your friend in the support group had. It’s really important for your well-being that you don’t take your train of thought down that route. I think what you (and our Havisham) have been through is awful and very, very painful. You can’t think straight when you are in pain. I know this might sound a bit left-field but it might be worthwhile watching some acupressure vids on YT. There are some brilliant ones for pain relief brought about by pressing on certain meridians. It may help to ease the pain considerably In between painkiller dosages. Do you have anyone who can plant up for you or is it something you would do yourself normally? Can the plants be delivered and your client plant them to your instruction? I mean that you might be able to lay out the planting with your left hand . Once again it’s such a pain we can’t ring each other...This seems to happen more and more lately have you noticed that? I am worried about our darling @MissMidnight and can’t do a flopping thing about it. ..This is all too daft as I am just a half hours drive away from you! I could drive you to your appointments etc...
Anyway, for now it’s important to be kind to yourself, breathe and picture everything going really well in your mind’s eye. I was told once by an extremely clever and sage person that 95 per cent of the things we worry about never happen. I reckon that’s a seriously high and comforting percentage! Please let us know as everything progresses this week. 🍇🍇💐💐💙💙
Thank you for your words @Oops...
Not being able to fully be there for each other is something that I have thought about too. So frustrating 😔However, I wouldn't wish to pull you into my life at the moment. It is messy, stressy and you would think less of me if you knew what I'm dealing with😔. I can't even fully share the accident...suffice to say it was like a very black comedy.
Yes, I can place plants and direct proceedings. I wanted to go to my wholesaler but I can't. I'm using some of my own plants and struggling to pick them out, tidy them up and crate them. Logistics is a nightmare. This is probably the last garden I will do anyway.
Will check out pressure points.
As for cancer group, we have lost 3 now 😪. My doctor says she's worried my bones are thin (I had no oestrogen for 5 years) but I do /did weights at gym...
Thank you...I appreciate all of you xx 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you for your words @Oops...
Not being able to fully be there for each other is something that I have thought about too. So frustrating 😔However, I wouldn't wish to pull you into my life at the moment. It is messy, stressy and you would think less of me if you knew what I'm dealing with😔. I can't even fully share the accident...suffice to say it was like a very black comedy.
Yes, I can place plants and direct proceedings. I wanted to go to my wholesaler but I can't. I'm using some of my own plants and struggling to pick them out, tidy them up and crate them. Logistics is a nightmare. This is probably the last garden I will do anyway.
Will check out pressure points.
As for cancer group, we have lost 3 now 😪. My doctor says she's worried my bones are thin (I had no oestrogen for 5 years) but I do /did weights at gym...
Thank you...I appreciate all of you xx 🥰
We would never, never, ever think less of you. Ever. I, for one, feel blessed to know you.

• Heart
...when you go back on the other thread and realise you missed a lot of posts and you think...hmmm...thing is c@assy ...not! 🙄
Tell me about it. Haven’t gone back there since my last post last night but ... yep.. classy as ever. At the weekend, the subtext was Can one of you ancient, decrepit, has-beens help me out here? Is this the way you dress for concerts? Then, when I tried to put her straight You completely missed my point - I’m not going to be talked down to - you have your opinion.....

Such an irritant. Provocative comments and then defensive reactions. Pathetic. And then there’s always someone trying to explain what she really means. No thanks.

• Heart
We would never, never, ever think less of you. Ever. I, for one, feel blessed to know you.
Words - my mouth - you took them!!! 🥰🥰🥰

Tell me about it. Haven’t gone back there since my last post last night but ... yep.. classy as ever. At the weekend, the subtext was Can one of you ancient, decrepit, has-beens help me out here? Is this the way you dress for concerts? Then, when I tried to put her straight You completely missed my point - I’m not going to be talked down to - you have your opinion.....

Such an irritant. Provocative comments and then defensive reactions. Pathetic. And then there’s always someone trying to explain what she really means. No thanks.
Needs telling off I thing?

• Heart
Words - my mouth - you took them!!! 🥰🥰🥰

Needs telling off I thing?
I'm always suspicious of scattergun posting...if you look at her history she's all over the place... but always confrontational. Never invests time in the subject or the long standing tattlers. Needs slapping.

• Heart
I'm always suspicious of scattergun posting...if you look at her history she's all over the place... but always confrontational. Never invests time in the subject or the long standing tattlers. Needs slapping.
Soo agree. Wears her age like a badge of honour too when it’s hardly an achievement. Grinds my gears when folk try to be the peacemakers - I’ve read her posts - I know exactly what point she’s trying to make. She’s aiming to rattle and then throw her hands in the air. If my daughter had that aggy attitude, I’d chase her down the street with my rolling pin like a banshee.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Soo agree. Wears her age like a badge of honour too when it’s hardly an achievement. Grinds my gears when folk try to be the peacemakers - I’ve read her posts - I know exactly what point she’s trying to make. She’s aiming to rattle and then throw her hands in the air. If my daughter had that aggy attitude, I’d chase her down the street with my rolling pin like a banshee.
I thing you are correct!

I thing @Miscanthus is correct!

I thing a cautious level of ignoring (as opposed to ignorance) is just what the Thingy ordered!

6E20D076-A6FE-4603-B6F5-D5655A11EF2A.jpeg

I absolutely loved the fact that @MissMidnight got exactly what I was saying with my ‘thing’ comment ( she can’t spell either) and clicked the laugh emoji! 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
I thing you are correct!

I thing a cautious level of ignoring (as opposed to ignorance) is just what the Thingy ordered!

View attachment 1375746
I absolutely loved the fact that @MissMidnight got exactly what I was saying with my ‘thing’ comment ( she can’t spell either) and clicked the laugh emoji! 😂
I got it too but once thingy ‘liked’ your comment, I couldn’t bring myself to as obviously she thought you were agreeing with her. She doesn’t know that you don’t ‘thing’ the same way. Oh, I should just press ignore and not get miffed!

• Wow
CB7D8052-5377-4AE0-99F4-335861E03575.png

I have just spent a happy time re-reading your birthday party from last year @Milking Keynes! Here’s a reminder of you and @Miscanthus with your structured bag embroidered by an itinerant pipe lagger! 😂 We should win an award for the best comedy thread I swear! You and Miss Canthus went home with busts and silver candlesticks you secreted in your bags, Geranium got planted in a tree pit by Mr Archer Karcher and Dandy Tandy came and went in Trunchy’s golden coach drawn by squirrels! I mean who writes this stuff? 😂😂😂 I am now reminded that @MissMidnight will have had a birthday too just recently…💜💜💜. Namima shocked everyone by ending up on the Naughty Step in the cellar because of her flagrant behaviour with Archer Karcher! Shocking! SHOCKING! Happy Forest sang Elgar! She did! She also was found stroking the stone floor in the cellar but I didn’t see that.

So, now we need to think of our trip to NZ because Fed Up will be finished with her finals in July. We agreed to go for Christmas 😜😜😜

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
View attachment 1376036
I have just spent a happy time re-reading your birthday party from last year @Milking Keynes! Here’s a reminder of you and @Miscanthus with your structured bag embroidered by an itinerant pipe lagger! 😂 We should win an award for the best comedy thread I swear! You and Miss Canthus went home with busts and silver candlesticks you secreted in your bags, Geranium got planted in a tree pit by Mr Archer Karcher and Dandy Tandy came and went in Trunchy’s golden coach drawn by squirrels! I mean who writes this stuff? 😂😂😂 I am now reminded that @MissMidnight will have had a birthday too just recently…💜💜💜. Namima shocked everyone by ending up on the Naughty Step in the cellar because of her flagrant behaviour with Archer Karcher! Shocking! SHOCKING! Happy Forest sang Elgar! She did! She also was found stroking the stone floor in the cellar but I didn’t see that.

So, now we need to think of our trip to NZ because Fed Up will be finished with her finals in July. We agreed to go for Christmas 😜😜😜
Who does write this stuff? You couldn't make it up🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for the laugh. Lots of us going through a rough time at the moment 😔

• Heart
  • Haha
View attachment 1376036

We are stunners in that photo, I must admit! Coastal Grandma chic! 😂 You throw a good party, @Oops, and that’s for sure! I remember pulling the bust from my structured bag on the ferry - oh, the shame 🤭😱🤫. Can’t wait for NZ - let’s get @Miscanthus and @MissMidnight on the mend, repair the tardis, and off we all go! 💃🏿🕺🏼🍾🥂🍻🎂🍰🧁🥧🍦🥳✈🛫

• Haha
We are stunners in that photo, I must admit! Coastal Grandma chic! 😂 You throw a good party, @Oops, and that’s for sure! I remember pulling the bust from my structured bag on the ferry - oh, the shame 🤭😱🤫. Can’t wait for NZ - let’s get @Miscanthus and @MissMidnight on the mend, repair the tardis, and off we all go! 💃🏿🕺🏼🍾🥂🍻🎂🍰🧁🥧🍦🥳✈🛫
...and you.. we need all our limbs for a trip down under! 🙈🙉🙊💥

I thing you are correct!

View attachment 1375746
If you are not already aware, the thing that gets me is things asking to be told where to look for things as they can't be bothered. I think it was @Milking Keynes who pointed that tattler in right direction of Mr MG stroking his ego. I wasn't going to...

Last edited:
  • Heart
...and you.. we need all our limbs for a trip down under! 🙈🙉🙊💥

If you are not already aware, the thing that gets me is things asking to be told where to look for things as they can't be bothered. I think it was @Milking Keynes who pointed that tattler in right direction of Mr MG stroking his ego. I wasn't going to...
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I did it before I realised the snarky attitude and regretted it. I mistook the second request for excitement at seeing the clip. I thought it was humour - silly of me - I should’ve known it was just another example of entitled demands. Lesson learned, for sure. I’m definitely going to get wiser to these folks. I’ve looked back at previous posts of our friend and she is definitely going to be trouble.

Another thing is the level of repetition. I feel like Vasquez in the Depp trial, Asked and answered.

Anyway, as I’ve said on the other thread - best of luck today at the Clinic. Be a good patient! They will ask the same questions, using the words ‘pre-existing’ (in my case) a gazillion times because that effects the health insurance comp, and it will be tedious. Best luck with the tests and scans. Wishing you lots of love and support. Xx

• Heart
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I did it before I realised the snarky attitude and regretted it. I mistook the second request for excitement at seeing the clip. I thought it was humour - silly of me - I should’ve known it was just another example of entitled demands. Lesson learned, for sure. I’m definitely going to get wiser to these folks. I’ve looked back at previous posts of our friend and she is definitely going to be trouble.

Another thing is the level of repetition. I feel like Vasquez in the Depp trial, Asked and answered.

Anyway, as I’ve said on the other thread - best of luck today at the Clinic. Be a good patient! They will ask the same questions, using the words ‘pre-existing’ (in my case) a gazillion times because that effects the health insurance comp, and it will be tedious. Best luck with the tests and scans. Wishing you lots of love and support. Xx
I laughed when our Coco said 'it was in the last vlog', knowing that thing didn't want to watch all the way through. Love Coco's humour! She is so succinct! 😍

You are too kind hearted to be mean to anybody. Thank you for your love and concern 🥰

• Heart
I laughed when our Coco said 'it was in the last vlog', knowing that thing didn't want to watch all the way through. Love Coco's humour! She is so succinct! 😍

You are too kind hearted to be mean to anybody. Thank you for your love and concern 🥰
I love her succinctness too. Just a sentence and you get the point. 😂

I am glad in a way that today is over for you Captain. At least you know what’s what, whereas you didn’t up until today. You really did do a good job! I can only imagine what level of pain you must be in with two severe breaks. You will feel a huge flood of relief when the op is over with. Just don’t do any more ladder work. I imagine you had been tying something up…I am forever up ladders with my grapevines and climbing roses at the moment - but I am trying to be Uber careful…I would be absolutely flattened if I lost the use of my writing hand as it’s the only thing that has kept me sane over the last two and a half years. I mean no one can do without hands can they but you know what I mean. I know it will be no different for you. It’s on my mind that this may affect your design work though. How do you think that will pan out now? It’s all a bit much isn’t it?

I think darling Havisham will help you a lot because she has had a similar thing and come out the other side - although I know she doesn’t have a plate. She’s the best anyway.

I am worried about Trunchy, I am worried about Muffin and the effect this will have on HE2 and I am worried about and really missing our darling Soul Sister in Melbourne. I know she‘s around on the other site and that’s a comfort but I can tell she’s not ready to tell us what it is yet. I get teary when I think of her and just seeing her clicking on posts cheers me up a bit. We have to work on shifting this energy so we can go back to normal ASAP. Margo has been through it too as well as Blue Orchid and our dearest Namima. We have each other, so that’s a very important thing to remember at all times.

I will finish on a rubbish joke…

Have you seen what the new simplified tax forms say?

What did you earn this year?
What were your expenses?
How much have you left?
Send it in…

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I love her succinctness too. Just a sentence and you get the point. 😂

I am glad in a way that today is over for you Captain. At least you know what’s what, whereas you didn’t up until today. You really did do a good job! I can only imagine what level of pain you must be in with two severe breaks. You will feel a huge flood of relief when the op is over with. Just don’t do any more ladder work. I imagine you had been tying something up…I am forever up ladders with my grapevines and climbing roses at the moment - but I am trying to be Uber careful…I would be absolutely flattened if I lost the use of my writing hand as it’s the only thing that has kept me sane over the last two and a half years. I mean no one can do without hands can they but you know what I mean. I know it will be no different for you. It’s on my mind that this may affect your design work though. How do you think that will pan out now? It’s all a bit much isn’t it?

I think darling Havisham will help you a lot because she has had a similar thing and come out the other side - although I know she doesn’t have a plate. She’s the best anyway.

I am worried about Trunchy, I am worried about Muffin and the effect this will have on HE2 and I am worried about and really missing our darling Soul Sister in Melbourne. I know she‘s around on the other site and that’s a comfort but I can tell she’s not ready to tell us what it is yet. I get teary when I think of her and just seeing her clicking on posts cheers me up a bit. We have to work on shifting this energy so we can go back to normal ASAP. Margo has been through it too as well as Blue Orchid and our dearest Namima. We have each other, so that’s a very important thing to remember at all times.

I will finish on a rubbish joke…

Have you seen what the new simplified tax forms say?

What did you earn this year?
What were your expenses?
How much have you left?
Send it in…
Ha ha!
Hoping I've not annoyed people on the other thread by going OT with personal stuff. I always think that our Jules is very focused and single minded 😊

You are right Oops... i was waiting for yesterday's appt before I panic. I am still processing what I can't do 😐 it's ridiculous.
Writing....er...i always handwrite notes about the thread before I do a recap...
The quiz was easier to do on my tablet. I am a great list writer too.
Now I'm worried about basic things!
Not going to lie, it's painful and tiring but I don't really want an op. They said if i was 80 and inactive they wouldnt do it, as the reduction (realigning the bone) was good, but I'm not and it's my dominant hand.
Really hoping our tattle sisters are ok.

• Heart
Ha ha!
Hoping I've not annoyed people on the other thread by going OT with personal stuff. I always think that our Jules is very focused and single minded 😊

You are right Oops... i was waiting for yesterday's appt before I panic. I am still processing what I can't do 😐 it's ridiculous.
Writing....er...i always handwrite notes about the thread before I do a recap...
The quiz was easier to do on my tablet. I am a great list writer too.
Now I'm worried about basic things!
Not going to lie, it's painful and tiring but I don't really want an op. They said if i was 80 and inactive they wouldnt do it, as the reduction (realigning the bone) was good, but I'm not and it's my dominant hand.
Really hoping our tattle sisters are ok.
You haven’t annoyed anyone - I think it’s a lovely part of our community that we can all share the good and the bad. I do feel for you - I really do. Whatever about the writing, how are you managing even showering and shampooing your hair let alone even towel drying it? What about opening packages, getting dressed? Even putting a sock on is a trial let alone a bra strap? Insurmountable.

I remember not wanting the op too. I was very tearful the day before. But that’s perfectly understandable as your hand hurts and you don’t want anyone near it. It is the best course of action, though, and the longer you leave it, the more damage will be done. They will do a fine job and you can start your road to recovery. I was the worst at aftercare - didn’t even bother with physio or pain management clinic visits. I’m the worst at following orders, though.

The main thing for you is to rest and take your meds until the op. Try not to get frustrated. I recently got immersed in Conversations with Friends. I watched it on Rté player but you should get it on BBC - it’s a slow starter but if you can hang in there, the payoff from Ep 9 is brilliant. Also, it’s my Dublin. Some Irish programmes don’t display the Dublin of my experience but this is my locale - Melissa and Nick’s house is in Monkstown where I grew up and the Dart, Trinity, all the landscapes of our youth.

A couple of books I can recommend, ie good page turners, are The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo (Taylor Jenkins Reid), Who did you tell? and/or The Rumour (Lesley Kara) - both kinda dark but riveting stuff - really keeps ya guessing. XX

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.